Hybrid View

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think it'll take more than a million in GAM, plus somebody we value (Franklin?) to get Choiniere. Similar to what it took to bring Kaye in.
    The Kaye deal was a "he's not doing well here" on Colorado's part but the "Bob wants him and he's not going to undermine MB" made him overvalued in what we paid.

Choiniere isn't anywhere close to being as psychologically necessary as that here.

I don't think Nancy will want him that bad to pay what we paid for Kaye But, I also think Choiniere is likely to be wanting to get back with Nancy so that's the most likely place this will end up.

I would say we are at best 3rd on the list of places Choiniere would prefer, behind Columbus & Vancouver - possibly lower if he is a Montreal fan at heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The Kaye deal was a "he's not doing well here" on Colorado's part but the "Bob wants him and he's not going to undermine MB" made him overvalued in what we paid.

Choiniere isn't anywhere close to being as psychologically necessary as that here.

I don't think Nancy will want him that bad to pay what we paid for Kaye But, I also think Choiniere is likely to be wanting to get back with Nancy so that's the most likely place this will end up.

I would say we are at best 3rd on the list of places Choiniere would prefer, behind Columbus & Vancouver - possibly lower if he is a Montreal fan at heart.
    Every team in the league would think about this though. 25 year olds that look really good, all star caliber, but have missed their window to go to Europe, are kind of gold in the league. There are so few guys with this profile in the league

Kamal Miller price to Portland ($625K guaranteed, another $150K in conditional payments) would be less than I would expect this to cost, given that Choiniere is still improving and has a higher ceiling. Miller isn’t an MLS all star, and plays a position that teams generally don't pay up for.

Arriola's deal, $2M in GAM when he was 26, is an interesting comparable. That would be too much. Arriola had 30-40 USMNT caps at the time that deal happened.

It may not be us, Joey can’t possibly be stupid enough to trade him here, Impact fans would never forgive him… but if he goes, it's for what Kaye got or more.
    Last edited by ensco; 05-02-2024 at 06:36 AM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff