Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The last I heard he won't start any sort of actual workload until next month and isn't expected back before June. But that was more than a week ago.
    There is quite a bit of risk for TFC here.

Canada play the Netherlands Jun 6 and France June 9 (and of course Messi June 20). Peru and Chile too. Five of the 10-15 biggest games Canada has played in the last 50 years.

You know how Richie is going to feel about playing in those games ... if it's remotely possible...
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Canada play the Netherlands Jun 6 and France June 9 (and of course Messi June 20). Peru and Chile too. Five of the 10-15 biggest games Canada has played in the last 50 years.

You know how Richie is going to feel about playing in those games ... if it's remotely possible...
    He had surgery Mar 23rd and they said 3 months, taken literally is June 23rd.
    Hard to know, but yea for sure he will probably want to go if at all possible and if they call him up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, barring something miraculous he's going to miss the first two, I think, at least.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yeah, barring something miraculous he's going to miss the first two, I think, at least.
    I will wager a pint he plays in those games in Europe. He wants to be on the field against Argentina. He won’t be if he misses those games.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will wager a pint he plays in those games in Europe. He wants to be on the field against Argentina. He won’t be if he misses those games.
    Nearly four weeks early? Don't think TFC will allow it, mate, not unless he has a miraculous mend. Come back too early on muscle repairs and he'll be out for another six or eight weeks before we know it.

He underwent the surgery on March 23 and the usual recovery time and rehab for a distal hamstring repair is three months, which puts him in in the last week of June at best.