Hybrid View

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    I suppose it would be a 6 month loan at best if he does go to fill in for injuries.
    Why would TFC bother to do that though? I would rather have him playing for us if we are stuck with him on our books and not going to some other club to fill in for injuries just to have him come back here mid season. There is only a downside for TFC in that scenario unless I am missing something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Why would TFC bother to do that though? I would rather have him playing for us if we are stuck with him on our books and not going to some other club to fill in for injuries just to have him come back here mid season. There is only a downside for TFC in that scenario unless I am missing something.
    Them doing well may make it easier for them to do a favour to berna than otherwise. He will be superfluous. If we can get proper loan terms, my guess would be 18 Months with a purchase trigger based on appearances, we have totally freed up the DP spot. We can then go and do as we please with the Italian we actually want.

Having a two free DP spots for Herdman may be able to make a great difference to this team. I'm all for it if it can possibly happen. If not we're are back to trying to Herdman the same group into winners.

I am much more in favour of a 3-5-2 with insigne as a shadow striker than a 3-4-3 with both Italians as trequartistas.

Hopefully this is a rumour with legs and not berna wishcasting.
    Last edited by bought with blo; 01-19-2024 at 12:16 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Recent rumors I heard about this were that Jordan Henderson was messing up any postential loan deal but that's now sorted with him going to Ajax. Before that the negotiations between TFC & Juve were taking time because they wanted a 6 month loan and we were pushing for them to take him for 18 months. Not sure about the money involved but for sure we'd be eating a lot. The FO (Manning) most likely figure after 18 months his buyout would look more palatable for the MLSE bean counters.