Threaded View

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Having said that, if anyone was going to call Armas out on something, it was always going to be Jozy.

My confidence in a reversal of fortune for our manager is waning. It ain't impossible, but this looks really bad. Vanney handled him for four years. The new guy hasn't been there but months, and spent two of those PRAISING Jozy's attitude.
    I like this quote, “Vanney handled him for four years.” Yes, Jozy isn’t what he used to be, and has created drama in the past, but this is a flaming sign to be that Armas has lost the locker room. The coach’s job is to get players to perform, not to fight with them or demotivate them. Armas is running TFC into the ground—incomprehensible player decisions (Bono, Auro in central midfield, Delgado on the wing), an inability to change strategy when it is obviously not working, and very poor performance on the field (so poor it is hard to watch). Vanney sometimes did head scratching stuff, but he won more than he lost…a lot more. Armas has one of the highest paid teams in the league (I know we don’t have Poz back yet) but the team looks lost on the field. And that is the coach’s fault, not Jozy’s fault. I guess he blew up at Armas, but you know what…someone should! Good on Jozy for calling him out. Maybe there is some front office shenanigans going on, but how will this improve the team’s performance? Spoiler alert…it won’t.
    Last edited by GerMc; 05-27-2021 at 10:40 PM.