Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The one coach people on here didn't like....was kept.

Get the feeling the current crop of keepers really like him otherwise...
    It's not that I don't like him, I don't know enough about him or his work to make that call. Have we ever had a keeper not regress at some point while working with him though? Even Westberg last year seemed to have taken a step back, and I really like him. I'm not 100% sure on what his stats say 2019 vs 2020 but I seem to recall a lot more nervy moments last year with him in net compared to 2019.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    It's not that I don't like him, I don't know enough about him or his work to make that call. Have we ever had a keeper not regress at some point while working with him though? Even Westberg last year seemed to have taken a step back, and I really like him. I'm not 100% sure on what his stats say 2019 vs 2020 but I seem to recall a lot more nervy moments last year with him in net compared to 2019.
    In the past few years, we got Irwin in 2015 and he was All star type great in 2016, less so in 2017 and then relegated to MLS back up.
    Bono was great in 2017 then fell off a cliff therafter.
    Westberg was amazing in year one and was one of the best in MLS at distribution. By last season he was kicking balls directly out of play from goal kicks as Bono was previously.

It's impossible to say that any goalkeeper in the past 7 years improved under Conway. I don't count anything prior to 2015 because everything was a mess or in the process of being corrected before that point so it's unfair to judge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    In the past few years...
    Yeah that's pretty consistent with my take on the situation. When our goalies keep regressing/losing their spots to backups that's gotta be at least partially on Conway.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes