Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
I like this but our team has quite a few cracks now.

We need at least;

- Two starting CB's,
- Replacement for Vazquez because lets face it he is done
- Backup striker for Giovinco and Altidore
- Replacement for Osorio
- Possibly a new winger, LWB, FB
One CB. We have Mavinga.

Yeah, grant you that one. Ricketts will be the best player in the CPL next year.

Osorio isn't gone yet and we have cap room and incoming TAM to work with.

Might be hard to get rid of/sign another Vazquez. We doubled his salary and gave him extra years in the off-season. I don't know how the buyout rule works anymore but if it applies I would take a look at it. We may see that position become more a combination of Seba's, Oso's and maybe a loan signing.

We don't really play with wingers and the one's we do have are serviceable enough. We also have four of the best FB's/WB's (not to mention expensive) in the league. Improvement there is a pipe dream.

*We need another Mavinga for sure. A buck-up striker who can hold the ball up well enough when Jozy's absent. beyond that I don't think there's a ton of room for improvement. I will stay take our whole squad over anyone else's in the league, no doubt about.

I don't think that we're demonstrably worse this year than last, just extremely injury prone and very unlucky. No reason to blow the whole thing up just because we had one 4 month period of bad results - most of which we were fielding our b or c teams for.

Anyway. Montreal at home during the Ex will be fun.