Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    NO.

We are the Manchester United of this league. It is never acceptable to drop points, except possibly an away draw at Chelsea.
    Eh, no. Are we the best team in the league right now? Quite possibly. But let's not get too puffed up about our station in this league just yet - no MLS Cups, and no Supporters Shields.

As a supporter, I never want my team to drop points, but to say it's never "acceptable" because we are the Man Utd of MLS, strikes me as a bit exaggerated. Second loss of the season, with a depleted squad, and ending off the second of two two-week spans playing two games a week.

Not pleased we lost, and certainly not that comprehensively. But hopefully they now have a chance to catch their breath, get some proper rest from the morons who make the schedule, and come back with a vengeance on the 17th.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Eh, no. Are we the best team in the league right now? Quite possibly. But let's not get too puffed up about our station in this league just yet - no MLS Cups, and no Supporters Shields.

As a supporter, I never want my team to drop points, but to say it's never "acceptable" because we are the Man Utd of MLS, strikes me as a bit exaggerated. Second loss of the season, with a depleted squad, and ending off the second of two two-week spans playing two games a week.

Not pleased we lost, and certainly not that comprehensively. But hopefully they now have a chance to catch their breath, get some proper rest from the morons who make the schedule, and come back with a vengeance on the 17th.
    indubitably - we were not horrible on the night, especially on a more than sluggish pitch...we certainly could have played better but oh well. considering the schedule i thought, save a few sloppy moments, we could have salvaged a point or 3....