Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magic number is 10, but could be 9 through tie breaker. At this stage of the game, you can't use tie breaker in a magic number situation - way too many variables to interfere. Magic number typically suggests you've moved past tie breaker... which means 10 is still our number.

We could clinch shield while on the field in NE, while the match is still on. If we beat LA and MTL, we gain 6 points.
    If NYCFC lose in COL, and then in HOU on the Saturday, their game would finish around halftime of our NE game. In fact, they dont need to lose both, a loss and tie plus our 2 wins would equal those 10 points to give us our magic number.

Atlanta has 10 games left, 8 at home in their new stadium. Montreal is not making the playoffs... and Atlanta even finish as high as 4th (though a stretch to do it).

Here's a conservative outlook
    Win in LA.
    Tie home vs MTL
    Lose in NE
    Win home to NYRB
    Win home MTL (this would land us at 69 points)
    At Atlanta...who knows. I would be surprised about a tie or loss.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, there'll still be business to do - we still gotta put Montreal out. Let's ship TFC2 wholesale to that Atlanta game.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Magic number is 10, but could be 9 through tie breaker. At this stage of the game, you can't use tie breaker in a magic number situation - way too many variables to interfere. Magic number typically suggests you've moved past tie breaker... which means 10 is still our number.

We could clinch shield while on the field in NE, while the match is still on. If we beat LA and MTL, we gain 6 points.
    If NYCFC lose in COL, and then in HOU on the Saturday, their game would finish around halftime of our NE game. In fact, they dont need to lose both, a loss and tie plus our 2 wins would equal those 10 points to give us our magic number.

Atlanta has 10 games left, 8 at home in their new stadium. Montreal is not making the playoffs... and Atlanta even finish as high as 4th (though a stretch to do it).

Here's a conservative outlook
    Win in LA.
    Tie home vs MTL
    Lose in NE
    Win home to NYRB
    Win home MTL (this would land us at 69 points)
    At Atlanta...who knows. I would be surprised about a tie or loss.

Magic number down to 5.

Win on Wednesday, it's down to 2. As stated in my previous post, If NYCFC lose next weekend, we'll be around half time in NE and have won the shield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's still a race? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If my math is right and it may not be.. if Toronto Beat Montreal on Wednesday and NYCFC lose or tie on Saturday TFC will Clinch the Shield.

If that happens. TFC will have Won the Supporters Shield before any other team won a playoff spot. What I'm not sure off as I didn't do the figuring.. is if our beating Montreal clinches a playoff spot for NYCFC.