The news today of the injuries to Giovinco and Hagglund is a huge blow to us. I had a feeling when Vanney was talking about us having the best depth in MLS history it was going to come back and bite us, and so it came to pass.

Big Nick was having a great season and losing him for the year is a massive disappointment. However, at least we seem to have decent cover at the back and hopefully Moor will return to fill the void this weekend. Worst case scenario is it could mean a move to 4-4-2 though if Mavinga or Hernandez prove not up to the task.

Seba's projected three week absence is much more worrying. It seems the way things go with Séba we can expect those three weeks to turn out more likely to be five or six weeks. I really don't know if we can keep up the high standards we've set this season so far without or star player. In fact, injury aside, the entire situation around Giovinco this season has been worrying. He hasnt hit near the highs this season he has the previous two. I was hoping he was about to get a settled run and rediscover his form. But it wasn't to be. My fear is we seem to have alternated between Séba and Jozy having alternative standout performances. If one doesn't show the other has. Now we've lost one of them I fear we might struggle every other game unless Altidore can really step up his consistency and carry us through this spell. Whatever the case we need to hope that Giovinco is back and firing on all cylinders before the Gold Cup starts or were in real trouble. It's a good thing that we've enjoyed a great run of wins recently and have amassed a good lead in the standings as I fear we might be challenged in that regard in the weeks Séba is out