Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the top 6 in the east are set, we just have to wait on the order. We'll beat Montreal twice more and even if we split those points, the game in hand and easier schedules for the other teams puts them at a disadvantage.

Here's the remaining schedule

Columbus, 42pts/6 games: SKC, Vancouver, NYRB, DCU, Orlando, NYCFC... 3 away

Chicago, 41pts/8 games: Montreal, NYRB, DCU, Philly, SJ, NYCFC, Philly, Houston... 4 away

New York Drink, 39pts/10 games: FCD, Chicago, Philly, SKC, Columbus, DCU, TFC, Vancouver, Atlanta, DCU... 6 away games

Atlanta, 36pts/10 games: FCD, Revs, Orlando, LAG, Montreal, Philly, Revs, Minnesota, NYRB, TFC... only 2 away

Montreal, 36pts/9 games: Chicago, Revs, Minnesota, TFC, Atlanta, NYCFC, Colorado, TFC, Revs... 5 away

Montreal look to have the hardest schedule there in both fixtures, and number of away games. I know anything can happen in MLS, but the odds are really stacked against them here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Montreal look to have the hardest schedule there in both fixtures, and number of away games. I know anything can happen in MLS, but the odds are really stacked against them here.
    True, but no other team has been playing as well as them lately either, including everyone above them (except for TFC of course). TFC's win ended a 4 game win streak for Montreal. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to miss the playoffs, and for us to play a hand in it, but I could easily see them catching teams above them if they keep playing like they have been lately. Hell if I was Chicago (5 losses, last 6 games) I'd be worried about them, and NYRB/Atlanta and their game in hands catching up.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes