Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    I agree that we should be taking the Supporters' Shield seriously, but I'd like to offer my thought on playoffs:

The final should not be a single game.

A two game tie would minimize a team's ability to win the Cup without taking a shot.

Can you imagine if the Stanley Cup was awarded in a single game?

Put another way: I value the Conference Championship more than the Cup because it was the winner of a proper tie. I also think the Memorial Cup is fun but pointless - the league winners have already done the hard work. (That the host Windsor couldn't make it out of the 1st round and then get to win the Cup is point in case.)
    Well, the world's greatest club competition, the UEFA Champions League, is decided in a 1 game final, after all the previous knockout rounds were decided by a two legged affair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    Well, the world's greatest club competition, the UEFA Champions League, is decided in a 1 game final, after all the previous knockout rounds were decided by a two legged affair.
    Just because they do it wrong doesn't mean we have to.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that we should be taking the Supporters' Shield seriously, but I'd like to offer my thought on playoffs:

The final should not be a single game.

A two game tie would minimize a team's ability to win the Cup without taking a shot.

Can you imagine if the Stanley Cup was awarded in a single game?

Put another way: I value the Conference Championship more than the Cup because it was the winner of a proper tie. I also think the Memorial Cup is fun but pointless - the league winners have already done the hard work. (That the host Windsor couldn't make it out of the 1st round and then get to win the Cup is point in case.)
    Yes. I would actually watch a Stanley Cup Final match single game. More casuals would. Ever been to a Superbowl party not watching a single regular or playoff game leading up to it? Millions do.

Just because they do it wrong doesn't mean we have to.
    This I agree with regarding MANY topics. Well. One in particular.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER