Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't but the assertion.

However I DO think there is inherent bias in MLS officiating. My assertion is the primary difference in the style of officiating leading to unintentional bias. In my opinion the Toledo's of the world officiate MLS matches much like they would if they would be officiating a LIGA MX match or a CONCACAF qualifier between Costa Rica and Honduras. The style of football played south of the Rio Grande - which rewards diving - time wasting - and penalizes almost ALL body contact - is to me directly opposed to the more athletic/physical style of football that the vast majority of MLS clubs and players practice. LIGA MX is not MLS, CONCACAF is not MLS.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    I don't but the assertion.

However I DO think there is inherent bias in MLS officiating. My assertion is the primary difference in the style of officiating leading to unintentional bias. In my opinion the Toledo's of the world officiate MLS matches much like they would if they would be officiating a LIGA MX match or a CONCACAF qualifier between Costa Rica and Honduras. The style of football played south of the Rio Grande - which rewards diving - time wasting - and penalizes almost ALL body contact - is to me directly opposed to the more athletic/physical style of football that the vast majority of MLS clubs and players practice. LIGA MX is not MLS, CONCACAF is not MLS.
    I agree with this.
    There are refs that manage the game based on the latter style you pointed out - but there are only like 1 or 2 of them per season, then you never hear from them again