Hybrid View

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I don't see what the roof or expansion have to do with it ...
    Not trying to derail this at all, just answering you.

Roof and upper deck were Leiweke's vision for an expanded BMO that could host outdoor hockey, Grey Cups and big TFC games. Like any business, revenues have to offset expenses and therefore the necessity of the groundshare. And they invested in that back up pitch, technology and a great grounds crew to ensure it had the best chance to succeed.

Basically, without groundshare, the politics and economics of expansion would have been difficult.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Not trying to derail this at all, just answering you.

Roof and upper deck were Leiweke's vision for an expanded BMO that could host outdoor hockey, Grey Cups and big TFC games. Like any business, revenues have to offset expenses and therefore the necessity of the groundshare. And they invested in that back up pitch, technology and a great grounds crew to ensure it had the best chance to succeed.

Basically, without groundshare, the politics and economics of expansion would have been difficult.
    But nowhere near impossible. They were doing it already before the expansion and roof. We've discussed this and you're right it's a derail. You answered my question.

Back to the pitch.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER