Hybrid View

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Easy to be bullish given what they have not had to deal with. They are doing a great job so far with the time in between. All power to them.

But people on here have said this consistently for years since the Argo return was first discussed - the real test for this pitch is a November 3 day turnaround after a big rain, ice or snow storm during a CFL game.

Until that happens, I will remain vigilantly skeptical.
    Let's say that day comes og, then what?

Kick them out of a public stadium that MLSE only manages? Give back the "culture ministry" money? The fed money? And the 10m Argos payment? Book another sports team to make financial obligations?

If that other team isn't going anywhere, and the future grey cup deals guarantee they won't, it seems like the only alternative to pitch complaints is a turf field.

No one wants that do they? So have faith in the grounds crew
    Last edited by Pookie; 11-25-2016 at 02:03 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

Kick them out of a public stadium that MLSE only manages? Give back the "culture ministry" money? The fed money? And the 10m Argos payment? Book another sports team to make financial obligations?

If that other team isn't going anywhere, and the future grey cup deals guarantee they won't, it seems like the only alternative to pitch complaints is a turf field.

No one wants that do they? So have faith in the grounds crew

Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

Then we'll discuss it. That's what we do.

What I'm suggesting, as has been suggested by others, is that based on past TFC experience, and the experience of supporting other teams, it would be wise for those who actually remain with the team for years/decades (i.e. the supporters) to remain vigilant in watching how the pitch reacts to circumstances.

As we have seen, it is up to us to keep management honest. Wish it was different, but so be it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Then we'll discuss it. That's what we do.

What I'm suggesting, as has been suggested by others, is that based on past TFC experience, and the experience of supporting other teams, it would be wise for those who actually remain with the team for years/decades (i.e. the supporters) to remain vigilant in watching how the pitch reacts to circumstances.

As we have seen, it is up to us to keep management honest. Wish it was different, but so be it.
    This is exactly where I am. we have been fortunate with the weather this year and it looks like that good fortune will continue. The grounds crew have done an excellent job. But when we get normal weather, there is a real risk the CFL will tear the pitch up. In the past, those incidents have resulted in artificial turf being installed at CFL fields. We must be vigilant, to maintain A) that it is a soccer first facility, B) standards and conditions - no slippage on the various commitments and C) to prevent disastrous decisions - like letting a horse in or a push for turf.

In the meantime, cant wait for wednesday