Hybrid View

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    I'm with Roogsy, there could be a more subtle way of doing it via a 3rd party.
    Funniest part of all this, is that MLSE has a partner that can be the face of all this while the TFC FO still does all the legwork and allows them to save face.

It's the Canadian arm of MLS. It's the legal entity that pays the players playing in Canada since the US parent company "owns" the contracts. Use that entity as the face to promote the games in Canada as a "neutral" promoter and BAM! you have game promotions without appearing like the team is cheering against themselves.

Problem-solving, it's what I do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Funniest part of all this, is that MLSE has a partner that can be the face of all this while the TFC FO still does all the legwork and allows them to save face.

It's the Canadian arm of MLS. It's the legal entity that pays the players playing in Canada since the US parent company "owns" the contracts. Use that entity as the face to promote the games in Canada as a "neutral" promoter and BAM! you have game promotions without appearing like the team is cheering against themselves.

Problem-solving, it's what I do.
    Get a third party to do your pandering for you.
    like...
    last night having MLSE selling USA kits in the TFC team gear store. I am still shocked.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeachTory View Post
    like...
    last night having MLSE selling USA kits in the TFC team gear store. I am still shocked.
    MLSE wasn't selling anything at the Canada - USA match. That would be the CSA. Last time I checked the MLSE evil empire didn't own the men's national team yet.

But fuck, let's blame them anyways. It's the 'in' thing to do.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeachTory View Post
    like...
    I'm not too disappointed. It was a one time shirt as ours was and if Yanks came all the way up and this was their only place to get it... Well I guess you're right. I wouldn't really care if they could buy their new kit or not.

It would be interesting to know how that agreement came about.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER