Page 82 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 2589
    Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't really want to rehash the "permission" debate again.

What I find telling is where we are now.

Less than 20 mins after stating in the press conference that it is in the past, he goes on the Fan and says the FO lied and takes a shot at them for never having anyone on trial before.

I'm not so sure that this is in the past.

Where we stand now is that it appears like we have a player with a bit of a chip on his shoulder who still holds a grudge.

To me, that isn't necessarily the best set of circumstances to begin under a new management structure.

If this were the world of employment, the employee would have a choice to lead, follow or get out of the way. I think DeRo is heading west before the season starts.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    They could have simply let De Rosario trial for Celtic and it would have been a foot note in TFC history.
    ... except of course they couldn't just "let" it happen when there were no written "binding legal terms and conditions" of the trial. If the agent had written, binding legal terms and conditions, the trial wouldn't have stopped now would it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whatever AW and PM want to do,im with them.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

and the shit cloud starts to form and become a shit storm:

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/...t-talks-stall/

A defiant Dwayne De Rosario has no regrets about how his off-season training stint with Celtic played out. He is also not backing down from his demand to get a new contract from Toronto FC.

The larger issue for TFC’s captain is his desire for a new contract, which he first raised last season. The Scarborough, Ont., native feels he should be a designated play and get the increased salary that comes with that tag.

“It’s not what I want it’s what I think I deserve,” said De Rosario.

De Rosario hinted he may sit out the season if he does not get a new contract.

“I want to focus on my football and my football only, but at the same time my future … to play in my option year if anything happens to me in terms of injury or anything like that nothing is guaranteed and then I’m on the outside looking in.”

When pressed by reporters about whether he will play without a new contract De Rosario offered: “No, there’s too much risk in that.” He then immediately cautioned that it was way to soon to think about that possibility.

But it is clear that the rift between De Rosario and the club is far from being healed.

When asked by reporters if the club has been motivated to negotiate a new contract the 32-year-old voiced his displeasure.

“I guess if they were really motivated it would have gotten done a long time ago so I guess that’s your answer.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

Less than 20 mins after stating in the press conference that it is in the past, he goes on the Fan and says the FO lied and takes a shot at them for never having anyone on trial before.

Where we stand now is that it appears like we have a player with a bit of a chip on his shoulder who still holds a grudge.

To me, that isn't necessarily the best set of circumstances to begin under a new management structure.

If this were the world of employment, the employee would have a choice to lead, follow or get out of the way. I think DeRo is heading west before the season starts.
    I think you got it all wrong. The club made the permission a lot more difficult than it needed to be. For no real reason unless they were just being assholes.

What I think happened now is that Winter and Mariner realize that De Rosario is too important to the this team to just let him go.

Unlike some people here who can't get over a mid-summer slump and the cheques signing incident they understand how good a player De Rosario is and how hard it would be to replace him, especially this late in the off season.

If this was the 'real world' of employment De Rosario would have just quit by now.

I've witnessed a lot of bad management in my life and I am laughing at the people defending our FO. Like incompetence should just be brushed aside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    This is semantics though, isn't it? The entire shitstorm could have been avoided if Cochrane's initial response indicated any knowledge of the situation whatsoever.
    Not really. It wouldn't be proper of Cochrane to publicly discuss what were up until then private discussions with the player and his agent.

He could have easily said "Yeah, we know he wants to trial elsewhere or go out on loan" but he didn't. IMO his was the proper response, even though he's now being made out by some to look like the fool.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

... and http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soc.../17043246.html

"For the first time, De Rosario came out and said he should be given a designated player contract"

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm speculating, but I bet the permission came from higher up, as in a guy like Anselmi. And being a classic MLSE executive he didn't care to have Cochrane embarrassed later.
    But then that's also stupid on DeRo's or his agent's part to go to Anselmi when he probably has no clue where Celtic is.

Therefore there's some blame there.

I mean you don't go to the CEO of McDonald's when you want a Big Mac.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think so Whoop. Cochrane's second statement specifically stated that TFC had agreed in principle to allow him to train with Celtic pending the receipt of necessary documention.
    Ya after pictures of DeRo training in Glasgow came out.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think this is where the situation is at.

And it's not a good thing.

Regardless of who is to blame.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright, well those two articles should help it reach a hundred pages.

shitstorm fully back on!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so is it a guaranteed contract rather than another option year he wants, or dp wages? or both?

glad he gave us all the "can't give up on your local team" lecture earlier.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    alright, well those two articles should help it reach a hundred pages.

shitstorm fully back on!
    Just wait until John Molinaro has his article out on the subject in a few minutes. We should probably set 150 pages as the new target, 100 is too easy now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The FO made De Rosario look bad. That's why.

They could have simply let De Rosario trial for Celtic and it would have been a foot note in TFC history.

Instead the way they handled it led fans to unfairly vilify De Rosario.

Its as if some vindictive dick in the FO wanted De Rosario to look bad.

The cheque signing is an entirely separate issue.
    Maybe the FO thought it prudent to make him look bad. You know...tit for tat.

He shows up the FO in front of everyone and you want the club to play nice for him to go to Scotland.

Why?

I don't even care that he went to Celtic. He lost me at the cheque signing.

How you can say the two are seperate issues is beyond me. DeRo went to Celtic to try and gain leverage when it comes to his contract. The contract he complained about at the cheque signing. If Celtic decided that they wanted him (WHICH THEY DID NOT), you don't think he would have used that as ammo for the "negotiations".

Hate the FO as much as you want...but DeRo is to blame as well. He's not being wrongfully vilified by anyone.

Read those articles and his quotes and tell me you don't think he sounds like a douchebag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Just wait until John Molinaro has his article out on the subject in a few minutes. We should probably set 150 pages as the new target, 100 is too easy now.
    Molinaro is the one I've been waiting for. I don't always agree with him but I think he tells it like it is. (as close as possible at least..lol...everyone has bias)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Read those articles and his quotes and tell me you don't think he sounds like a douchebag.

He sounds like so many pro athletes. Some management are better at dealing with that kind of attitude than others. As people have said, he came in here with the attitude in place. From the day of the trade he held out and a couple of weeks went by before he signed. Some people have seen this coming since then, but for some reason not the FO of the team.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am laughing at the people defending our FO. Like incompetence should just be brushed aside.
    I'll complain about the FO in the other countless threads where we rack up their mistakes. This thread is where I come to hold DeRo responsible for his chicanery.

With every misstep of this situation it gets more difficult to back anything past DeRo's next goal.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I'll complain about the FO in the other countless threads where we rack up their mistakes. This thread is where I come to hold DeRo responsible for his chicanery.

With every misstep of this situation it gets more difficult to back anything past DeRo's next goal.

If this was the only time the FO had mishandled player relations it would be a lot easier to be one-sided.

This seems like a case of a couple that were made for each other - whatever each one could do to make the situation worse they did.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    If this was the only time the FO had mishandled player relations it would be a lot easier to be one-sided.

This seems like a case of a couple that were made for each other - whatever each one could do to make the situation worse they did.
    A match made in purgatory.

DeRo + TFCFO forever.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^
    LMAO.

So true.

Edit: To Beach Red's post.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both parties need to hire better agents/managers/damage control champions. It's quite the pooh show from both ends lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just recently TFC fucked over Andrew Ornoch, for example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can we put this in one mega DeRo thread?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just recently TFC fucked over Andrew Ornoch, for example.
    In fairness to Winter, that was Cochrane's fault for making promises he wasn't sure he could keep...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In fairness to Winter, that was Cochrane's fault for making promises he wasn't sure he could keep...
    I agree that it isn't Winter's fault. But it sucks nonetheless and makes the club look bad.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

... and DeRo Camp's fault for forgetting to bring the written binding, legal permission that they apparently left at home on the coffee table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He sounds like so many pro athletes.
    Yeah he does.

Many pro athletes sound like douchebags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... and DeRo Camp's fault for forgetting to bring the written binding, legal permission that they apparently left at home on the coffee table.
    i prefer handshakes, winks, and smiles to contracts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Yeah he does.

Many pro athletes sound like douchebags.
    Yeah, and movie stars and musicians and really anybody who has an agent and gets paid by short-term contract and has most of their earning years in a short period of time. It's a situation that breeds douchebags.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can said that's not always the case, but yeah there are some out there.