Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 2589
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    I believe you're correct here. Craplumbus is currently trying to add a Non-cap-hit-bonus of some sort to entice Cunty into signing there.

PS - I love the straightforward quote regarding the contract. Something we desperately need at this club.

It's big, you're right. It is very good to hear that. Maybe they needed to go through all this, the whole Celtic thing to get to this point, who knows.

But now it looks like the team is being properly run and moving forward.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like DeRo and the club want the past behind them.

We probably won't hear anything further, unless it's an improvement to his contract.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lots of vagueness on both sides.

In my opinion....

They're not on the same page and this is going to drag on further.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    Lots of vagueness on both sides.

In my opinion....

They're not on the same page and this is going to drag on further.
    Agreed. His comments in the presser, specifically that it wasn't settled and that talks were ongoing is counter to the quote from the Kelly piece about it being over.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I think that they are taking the discussion out of the public eye.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

DeRo on the Fan590 a few minutes ago:

http://www.fan590.com/media.jsp?cont...26_130430_5724

... not really inspiring. On the Celtic permission issue, he alluded to someone in the club not informing everyone and when it all hit the fan, they (management) backpeddled and said things that weren't true.

Took a shot at TFC saying it's not like they've ever had anyone on loan before.

I guess he forgot "In the past" is a nice safe answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Looks like we will get to 100 pages after all.

What a douche.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    DeRo on the Fan590 a few minutes ago:

http://www.fan590.com/media.jsp?cont...26_130430_5724

... not really inspiring. On the Celtic permission issue, he alluded to someone in the club not informing everyone and when it all hit the fan, they (management) backpeddled and said things that weren't true.

Took a shot at TFC saying it's not like they've ever had anyone on loan before.

I guess he forgot "In the past" is a nice safe answer.
    Hate him or not, that sounds exactly like what happened, considering that Cochrane did a complete about face when the story went public. Someone in the interim F.O. fucked up and is being protected from fan/media scrutiny...
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 01-26-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

DeRo admits he was under contract, says he was hoping to make it a permanent deal, then he says it was a loan deal.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Hate him or not, that sounds exactly like what happened. Considering that Cochrane did a complete about face when the story went public. Someone in the interim F.O. fucked up and is being protected from fan/media scrutiny...
    In my opinion it was Jim Brennan.

Unless Cochrane is lying about giving him permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo admits he was under contract, says he was hoping to make it a permanent deal, then he says it was a loan deal.
    Have another listen.
    He said he NOT think the idea of going over was perrmanent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hate him or not, that sounds exactly like what happened. Considering that Cochrane did a complete about face when the story went public. Someone in the interim F.O. fucked up and is being protected from fan/media scrutiny...
    This is simply untrue - Cochrane responded to media questions about DeRo being out on trial. He said "no".

When it became evident he was in Scotland, he said there were talks about a loan/trial. He also remained true to the first question in that there was no permission given to the player trial.

Two different questions. There is no about face here.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Someone probably gave him verbal permission but the written permission never existed. That's a disconnect but fault also lies with Dwayne as he pressed on without the written stuff.

If written permission existed, there is no way in hell MLS lets one of their good PR stories go to the shitter to protect the public name of Brennan or Earl Cochrane. The process wasn't done and he pressed on knowing he didn't have anything in writing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion it was Jim Brennan.

Unless Cochrane is lying about giving him permission.
    Agreed. Cochrane's initial response suggested that TFC had no knowledge of DeRo's intention to trial with Celtic. The next day, he was aware, but was awaiting proper paperwork. Unless Cochrane intentionally wanted to embarass himself, it was Brennan and there was a serious lack of communication at the time...
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 01-26-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. I agree.

But certain fans with an axe to grind want to keep pounding on this issue for no good reason.

The new management team appears to want De Rosario as part of their future plans. I'm happy with that.

But its a joke the way some people are looking for deeper meaning in De Rosario's comments in the hopes that they can continue to roast him.

It appears that some one in the FO fucked up but its De Rosario that is getting the ire of the fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Someone probably gave him verbal permission but the written permission never existed. That's a disconnect but fault also lies with Dwayne as he pressed on without the written stuff.

If written permission existed, there is no way in hell MLS lets one of their good PR stories go to the shitter to protect the public name of Brennan or Earl Cochrane. The process wasn't done and he pressed on knowing he didn't have anything in writing.
    That sounds reasonable. In that case, does DeRo deserve to be villified to the extent that he has been?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is simply untrue - Cochrane responded to media questions about DeRo being out on trial. He said "no".

When it became evident he was in Scotland, he said there were talks about a loan/trial. He also remained true to the first question in that there was no permission given to the player trial.

Two different questions. There is no about face here.
    I initially thought the same thing, but if you examine Cochrane's initial response, it sounded like he was unaware of DeRo's intention to travel to Scotland at all. It sounds fishy to me...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've always said the truth is in the middle.

Say it was Brennan. Brennan wasn't the interim GM. He had no power.

Now if Brennan didn't tell Cochrane and this shit storm developed shouldn't there be consequences for your actions?

I mean why protect him? Either gas him or if not, come out and say who it was.

Secrecy just makes everything even more stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so bored of this topic (so I did the logical thing and clicked on this thread!) because no matter what happened, it seems like the coaching staff wants him on the team and he will try his best for the club.
    All the fine details of the off season mess will be irrelevant once the season starts.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Again, we're also taking DeRo's word that there was permission.

Could be there never was any permission given at all, but he forced the issue by going to Scotland.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    I'm so bored of this topic (so I did the logical thing and clicked on this thread!) because no matter what happened, it seems like the coaching staff wants him on the team and he will try his best for the club.
    All the fine details of the off season mess will be irrelevant once the season starts.
    You would hope so.

But unresolved contract situations have a tendency to linger around. Which isn't good for everyone involved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I initially thought the same thing, but if you examine Cochrane's initial response, it sounded like he was unaware of DeRo's intention to travel to Scotland at all. It sounds fishy to me...
    Yes, he was unaware that DeRo intended to travel to scotland. He WAS aware that the player was interested in loan/trial arrangements.

I mean - you can't travel to Scotland unless you have permission right?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always said the truth is in the middle.

Say it was Brennan. Brennan wasn't the interim GM. He had no power.

Now if Brennan didn't tell Cochrane and this shit storm developed shouldn't there be consequences for your actions?

I mean why protect him? Either gas him or if not, come out and say who it was.

Secrecy just makes everything even more stupid.
    I'm speculating, but I bet the permission came from higher up, as in a guy like Anselmi. And being a classic MLSE executive he didn't care to have Cochrane embarrassed later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    Yup. I agree.

But certain fans with an axe to grind want to keep pounding on this issue for no good reason.

The new management team appears to want De Rosario as part of their future plans. I'm happy with that.

But its a joke the way some people are looking for deeper meaning in De Rosario's comments in the hopes that they can continue to roast him.

It appears that some one in the FO fucked up but its De Rosario that is getting the ire of the fans.
    Even if you think the FO fucked up (which I do) how does that absolve DeRo of the ire of the fans?

DeRo brought the ire on himself with that cheque signing shit.

You want to forgive him for that? Fine.

I don't. Many others don't either.

The Celtic thing compounds the situation.

It's water under the bridge for some.

By the way....it's not a joke to look for "deeper meaning" when the questions and answers given and received are nothing but fluff.

There is deeper meaning. How to interpret it is up to the individual.

If you don't care about what DeRo has to say on the subject, that's fine.

Others do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, we're also taking DeRo's word that there was permission.

Could be there never was any permission given at all, but he forced the issue by going to Scotland.
    I don't think so Whoop. Cochrane's second statement specifically stated that TFC had agreed in principle to allow him to train with Celtic pending the receipt of necessary documention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who fucking cares...he scores goals.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    who fucking cares...he scores goals.
    ... just not from June 5 through Aug 21st and from Aug 21 through Sept 18th...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, he was unaware that DeRo intended to travel to scotland. He WAS aware that the player was interested in loan/trial arrangements.

I mean - you can't travel to Scotland unless you have permission right?
    This is semantics though, isn't it? The entire shitstorm could have been avoided if Cochrane's initial response indicated any knowledge of the situation whatsoever.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Even if you think the FO fucked up (which I do) how does that absolve DeRo of the ire of the fans?
    The FO made De Rosario look bad. That's why.

They could have simply let De Rosario trial for Celtic and it would have been a foot note in TFC history.

Instead the way they handled it led fans to unfairly vilify De Rosario.

Its as if some vindictive dick in the FO wanted De Rosario to look bad.

The cheque signing is an entirely separate issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get over it .........its hard to score when you have 5 holding mids and wingers like peterson and saric