Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 2589

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    when you sign a DP, you're not just signing for the player's ability, but also for the player's... brand. how else you're going to attract big names to MLS?

if DeRo had solid European playing resume, of course he'd get DP money
    Yeah, if only he contributed as much as Mista.

So, TFC's management was crap and DeRo reacted to that. Now there's new management and this will get straightened out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Yeah, if only he contributed as much as Mista.

So, TFC's management was crap and DeRo reacted to that. Now there's new management and this will get straightened out.
    Seems like we got new management but the same old DeRo.

However this works out, the guy pretty much crapped on what should have been an exciting week for the club. New management, new players, potential academy investment on the horizon, pre-season in Turkey, etc, and the guy made it all about himself.

I mean, no matter what your lot in life is, no matter what you feel you want or deserve at any given time, sometimes taking the high road and doing what's best for everyone is the ultimate show of class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Seems like we got new management but the same old DeRo.

However this works out, the guy pretty much crapped on what should have been an exciting week for the club. New management, new players, potential academy investment on the horizon, pre-season in Turkey, etc, and the guy made it all about himself.

I mean, no matter what your lot in life is, no matter what you feel you want or deserve at any given time, sometimes taking the high road and doing what's best for everyone is the ultimate show of class.

This thread isn't 100 pages yet .

It's weird that Winter said that DeRo, "is our captaina and our leader," but I think he's managing the situation well. He and Mariner know DeRo went all in with this and pushed it as far as he could. Now they'll see if he steps up and plays or they'll ship him out. It's good they didn't take action based on mistakes made by the previous management.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ exactly mista was a joke
    jdg is a joke unless he suddenly gets his shite together cause last season he looked good but played too many balls to the other team many times
    mero is a huge joke and needs to learn the hard way that he is not even close to being worth dp money
    i know he is confused because of the stupid waste of money mo started but we are rid of mo and maybe need to be rid of mero
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Yes, its true.. I don't like you one lil bit and now you know for sure ;) DWI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K so with Mero back training with TFC should this thread be kaput?

just curious

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I think it must be close. Maybe we'll here some news about a new contract, though.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Yes, its true.. I don't like you one lil bit and now you know for sure ;) DWI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    ^ I think it must be close. Maybe we'll here some news about a new contract, though.
    true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo is a Toronto FC player for a bit longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Like seasons or weeks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all due respect to people comparing this to an average employer / employee relationship, the downside/upside to each party is greater and the outcomes are more extreme. This really only applies to certain situations where the environment is hyper competitive.

When the mantra is “produce or I replace you” which professional sports is, the employee’s mantra is “pay me or I’m outta here”. Each party will basically fight to the death to get what it wants.

Personally, I might not give Dero a raise but I’d consider restructuring the contract to make it guaranteed over two years and perhaps provide TFC additional cap flexibility, otherwise explore trade/transfer options.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back to DeRo,

there are a lot of factors, but it's still quite possible he will be gone before the start of the season, despite him showing up for camp.

If things are poisoned enough between DeRo and ML$E that they are beyond repair... well a trade is not out of the question, particularly if MLS holds him to his current contract (which seems like it may be the case).

An allocation and draft picks could be quite useful down the road, and potential locker-room issues will be dealt with.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back to DeRo,

there are a lot of factors, but it's still quite possible he will be gone before the start of the season, despite him showing up for camp.

If things are poisoned enough between DeRo and ML$E that they are beyond repair... well a trade is not out of the question, particularly if MLS holds him to his current contract (which seems like it may be the case).

An allocation and draft picks could be quite useful down the road, and potential locker-room issues will be dealt with.
    I disagree OT. If DeRo plays in MLS this season, it will be with TFC. The new regime has demonstrated a willingness to come to an amicable resolution regarding his contract demands and DeRo is well aware that MLS is the ultimate authority regarding the issue having dealt with contract renegotiations in the past. If DeRo is not willing to accept the offer that is currently on the table he will have to explore the option of terminating his contract with MLS and plying his trade in another league, simple as that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back to DeRo,

but isn't this move a typical TO sports move...everyone knows we have DeRo troubles so why offer much?..I only see San Hose as a possible....I think everything may be a lose/lose situation........again........although I have great faith in our new mgmt
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    but isn't this move a typical TO sports move...everyone knows we have DeRo troubles so why offer much?..I only see San Hose as a possible....I think everything may be a lose/lose situation........again........although I have great faith in our new mgmt
    This is only a lose/lose because of one party at the moment, much to my chagrin. From what we're told they've offered him roughly 50% extra on his contract but he wants $1.7 million. Nobody in their right mind anywhere is going to pay him that.

I'm disgusted that the club even offered him a raise (yet oddly comforted that they've tried to make good on mojo's snakeoil sales pitch) after the celtic debacle but to turn around and demand that figure shows the guy has lost all sense of reason.

If he doesn't get his head right he's going to be sitting at home suspended without pay unless a club from another league comes in, pays a transfer fee and matches his valuation of himself. Does anyone on here honestly see that happening anytime soon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

European window is closed now, so he is staying in MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    European window is closed now, so he is staying in MLS
    Don't the likes of the english lower leagues allow loan deals stiil? There's always the qatari league

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    There's always the qatari league
    Or the J League (window closes April 2). Or Norway (an exception because they are a summer league), March 31.

If he doesn't get his head right he's going to be sitting at home suspended without pay unless a club from another league comes in, pays a transfer fee and matches his valuation of himself. Does anyone on here honestly see that happening anytime soon?
    ... doesn't seem likely at all.

(yet oddly comforted that they've tried to make good on mojo's snakeoil sales pitch)
    I feel the same way. Good on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post

DeRo's options are getting fewer and fewer
    If need be, the club or MLS can play hardball. The best DeRo could get in that situation is a release. He'd still have the problem of finding someone, anyone to pay him $1.7 million. Considering that he's almost totally unknown outside of MLS, the prospect of that is dim. In fact, he could find himself ending up in some Scandinavian or Eastern European league earning much less than he is right now.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 01-31-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I know know they had to have all their deals done tonight by 11pm their time. There has been last minute extensions , but that's usually for deals that were in the works behind the scenes and they just needed a bit more time.

DeRo's options are getting fewer and fewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is the one and only time, I'm on the side of MLSE, MeRo, is a loser....... best offseason so far eh guys?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I supported TFC from day one, when DeRo was not here. I supported TFC while DeRo was and is here, and I will support the club long after he is gone.

Players come and go, the badge remains.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo Saga Coming To An End?

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/20...ing-to-an-end/

Why I think that the controversy over Dwayne De Rosario's contract might be soon coming to an end.

Comments always welcome and appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    DeRo Saga Coming To An End?

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/20...ing-to-an-end/

Why I think that the controversy over Dwayne De Rosario's contract might be soon coming to an end.

Comments always welcome and appreciated.
    One error in the article;

"...controversial “trial” with Scottish Champions Celtic ...."

Rangers are the Scottish Champions for 2009 and 2010 and will be for 2011.

Should read "...controversial “trial” with Scottish club Celtic..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada72 View Post
    One error in the article;

"...controversial “trial” with Scottish Champions Celtic ...."

Rangers are the Scottish Champions for 2009 and 2010 and will be for 2011.

Should read "...controversial “trial” with Scottish club Celtic..."
    fixed. Thanks for the eagle eye

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Good read.

I do think that someone close to DeRo (either agent, father, friend or combination thereof) have advised him that he is losing the public relations battle. In losing it, it doesn't help his immediate contract cause and it doesn't help his post-soccer "entertainment" plans.

The lack of chatter about sitting out is a good thing publicly. We can believe that he likes the new system and is excited about playing here again. Maybe folks take a forgive and forget attitude.

And maybe there is a contract negotiation taking place. I can't see it after both the MLS and Anselmi said no way in hell but perhaps a little bonus provision or pressure on TFC to pick up the current option in 2012 is being discussed. Maybe a little extension as well. Who knows. But here is the rub.

What is the story once the games start? If he underperforms, does he become moody? Do fans turn on him? Does he play himself out of town?

If he overperforms, does his own ego start talking to him again about DP dreams? Or does he simply appreciate team success and his contribution to it?

Add in the complexity that could arise if and when TFC bring in another DP. How does he react?

There is still a very interesting undercurrent to this saga that is right there under the surface.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Dero doesn't perform this year, there will be a wrath of evil unleashed on him from the fans......

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and who gets the last word?

///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jesus christ dero, that sweater, i know you got some money guy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    jesus christ dero, that sweater, i know you got some money guy
    Yeah, and Crown Royal?? WTF?

If he wants to lead this team he needs a much better appreciation for a good whiskey or scotch.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ deal with it
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post