Page 68 of 87 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 2589
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hope that the new management team will work with Dero, give him a bit of a trial again. If he is still the selfish lout, try and peddal his ass, Dero you had better perform and be a model franchise player or you will have to deal with the wrath of 20,000 hooligans. I think you do deserve 1 last kick at the cat, but 1 last chance.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post
    If That F*%%CK heads jersey goes up on the wall I'll piss on it
    Based on playing performance, De Rosario deserves to be on the Wall of Honour more than the other two names on it.

Although I think at this early point in the club's history such a wall is premature.
    Last edited by menefreghista; 01-16-2011 at 10:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipityflu View Post
    its getting harder and harder for management to do anything but off load him at this point.
    I've really only followed this story here on this site, has it been big in the media? For most of the 20,000 people at BMO has this been a big story?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    I've really only followed this story here on this site, has it been big in the media? For most of the 20,000 people at BMO has this been a big story?
    It made some media... it will be a topic going forward, at least when DeRo has his first interview.

Here\s an article from Friday:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer...to-fc-confirms
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 01-16-2011 at 10:50 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow - page 68, eh? I really think people are blowing this whole thing out of proportion. For the record, I don't think he handled this well, but I also don't really think it's a big deal - he hasn't really done anything to hurt the team.

A couple of things I notice. A lot of people are angry at DeRo for speaking his mind in public about his contract. Just curious if those of you were angry with him for speaking his mind in public about grass?

Can you really begrudge him for wanting what he may see as his last crack at playing in Europe? He hasn't made a stink about TFC denying Celtic's request for a short term loan - he just mentioned it. Why mention it you may ask? Only DeRo may know but he may want to state for the record that the whole excercise wasn't a waste. We've already seen Winter confirm it and Anselmi deny it for some reason (don't know why he's commenting on it - as ensco points out)

Like I said, I don't think DeRo has handled this as well as he probably could have, but I really don't get the hate-on some people are feeling for him

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for me its not hate so much as it is disappointment and heart break (as he is my favorite player on the team and up there as being one of my favorite players ever), he can still redeem himself but its going to have to take alot at this point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Wow - page 68, eh? I really think people are blowing this whole thing out of proportion. For the record, I don't think he handled this well, but I also don't really think it's a big deal - he hasn't really done anything to hurt the team.

A couple of things I notice. A lot of people are angry at DeRo for speaking his mind in public about his contract. Just curious if those of you were angry with him for speaking his mind in public about grass?

Can you really begrudge him for wanting what he may see as his last crack at playing in Europe? He hasn't made a stink about TFC denying Celtic's request for a short term loan - he just mentioned it. Why mention it you may ask? Only DeRo may know but he may want to state for the record that the whole excercise wasn't a waste. We've already seen Winter confirm it and Anselmi deny it for some reason (don't know why he's commenting on it - as ensco points out)

Like I said, I don't think DeRo has handled this as well as he probably could have, but I really don't get the hate-on some people are feeling for him
    Agreed, you echoed my sentiments. I don't condone DeRo's actions in the past but the venom spewed towards our best player as of late is astonishing. Given the current state of our roster, I am relieved that TFC is welcoming a 15 goal scorer back into the fold...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..........well said and after 68 pages ...lol all I know Moe left this team and it's supporters with so much angst........remember guys each and every player has been playing their hearts out all the while knowing they had an asshole at the helm.......just ask them.....what would we do?
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to find something in here to argue against.

Give me a few hours. I will come up with something.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I will come up with something.

afterall, it only would have been like 10 pages without you in here. Keep at it! let's aim for 100 pages before the season starts.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am the man for the job!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of people are angry at DeRo for speaking his mind in public about his contract. Just curious if those of you were angry with him for speaking his mind in public about grass?
    Grass was a benefit for the whole team, his contract is not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you really begrudge him for wanting what he may see as his last crack at playing in Europe? He hasn't made a stink about TFC denying Celtic's request for a short term loan - he just mentioned it. Why mention it you may ask? Only DeRo may know but he may want to state for the record that the whole excercise wasn't a waste. We've already seen Winter confirm it and Anselmi deny it for some reason (don't know why he's commenting on it - as ensco
    points out)

Like I said, I don't think DeRo has handled this as well as he probably could
    have, but I really don't get the hate-on some people are feeling for him
    You dont think this situation has hurt, or will hurt the team?

I dont hate the guy but i disagree with you on this.

He's the capt. of this team. His behaviour has been brutal as far as it goes when talking about a leader or example.

I only want him back if he plays for his current contract and someone else is named captain.

Something tells me that wont happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed 100%. TFC and its management has been a joke ever since the first year and DeRo has helped supply us with some of our best moments over the years he has been here. He is obviously a decent player who is now entering the last years of his career and quite rightly he is trying to look out for himself and his family. It is perfectly within his rights to do that and I for one am not going to criticize the man for trying to ensure that his family and himself are comfortable for the rest of their lives. All this talk of MeRo, who is anyone on here to begrudge the man a better future financially? Furthermore I hope DeRo doesn't listen to some of the bile spewed on here questioning his character and his ethics, he is answerable to his family and friends and that is all.

If the opportunity arose to join a bigger club like it has done with Celtic then he has my backing 100%. I would say that for any TFC player, TFC is small time and even most people on here agree that TFC should be seen as a possible feeder club for bigger teams. Even Celtic is steadily being seen as a feeder club, it is one of the ways clubs outside the elite can actually survive. Personally I dont think DeRo is good enough to start every game at Celtic but if he was able to get a deal I would have been very happy for the man. Every player should want to play at the highest level they can, it is that belief that produces winners.

At the end of the day contracts are made to be broken, they are made to be renegotiated, that is especially prevalent in football. A player going public on wanting a new deal is nothing new, a player wanting to leave a club is also nothing new, all of this is part of the parcel of being a modern day footballer. DeRo doesn't owe the fans anything except 100% on the pitch and he gives that, he is without a doubt our best outfield player. It is looking increasingly likely that he will be at TFC next season and I can honestly say if he performs on the pitch like has done since her arrived then he will have my backing for sure.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post

I only want him back if he plays for his current contract and someone else is named captain.

Something tells me that wont happen.
    Agree totally with this. His leadership has not taken us forward and his actions will lessen his impact as a leader in this aspect.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And guys were speaking out about the turf from the very beginning.

It's not like DeRo's outburst about the turf set the wheels in motion. The wheels were already in motion.

Helping to get to 100!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am not one in favour of this twit ever coming back on a renegotiated contract.

That said, when he spoke out about the grass he did so from the perspective of the team. That the FO was saying that Real Madrid's players were "more valuable" and they, the team, were being treated like 2nd class citizens.

That's something that a leader does and I give him credit for it.

Of course, they bowed out in the 5-0 game vs NY and he was no where to be found... leaving Cronin and Edwards to face the cameras on their own.

Give one, take one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things that will push this thread over 100:

1)DeRo getting DP contract
    2)DeRo speaks out, upset he was turned down trial but will play out his contract with TFC
    3)He promo's his 'I need a new Contract' party at Muzik in a couple of weeks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I am not one in favour of this twit ever coming back on a renegotiated contract.

That said, when he spoke out about the grass he did so from the perspective of the team. That the FO was saying that Real Madrid's players were "more valuable" and they, the team, were being treated like 2nd class citizens.

That's something that a leader does and I give him credit for it.

Of course, they bowed out in the 5-0 game vs NY and he was no where to be found... leaving Cronin and Edwards to face the cameras on their own.

Give one, take one.
    Again, why is all the blame laid at the feet of the guy who wasn't the Skipper?

Jimmy B, as much as everyone here loves to fellate him, is completely to blame for not stepping up as the skipper. Carl Robinson was nowhere to be seen either, wasn't he our Alternate Captain?

Of course, that's too difficult because there's a god damn lovefest on for Jimmy B and Robbo.

Nope, everything is to blame on De Ro. Even though he wasn't the Skipper or even the Alternate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I declare this issue dead !!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post

Jimmy B, as much as everyone here loves to fellate him, is completely to blame for not stepping up as the skipper. Carl Robinson was nowhere to be seen either, wasn't he our Alternate Captain?

Of course, that's too difficult because there's a god damn lovefest on for Jimmy B and Robbo.

Nope, everything is to blame on De Ro. Even though he wasn't the Skipper or even the Alternate.
    I agree Jimmy B and Robbo were also nowhere to be found.

But if DeRo - alone - gets all the glory for the victory in Montreal then he should also take the blame for NY.

I've always maintained it's a team game. You win as a team, you lose as a team. That's why it wasn't DeRo alone who won the game in Montreal, much like it wasn't DeRo's fault alone for losing the game in NY.

So by the same token those who love to fellate DeRo always bring up the Montreal game like he alone won the game for TFC. I didn't realize it was DeRo vs Montreal that day as opposed to TFC vs Montreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    And guys were speaking out about the turf from the very beginning.

It's not like DeRo's outburst about the turf set the wheels in motion. The wheels were already in motion.

Helping to get to 100!

+1. And it's not like the player stopped in the middle of a critical game and set the plastic pitch on fire.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post

I blame Brennan and Robinson too and have written as much in many other threads.

But Mr De Rosario was the 2nd highest paid player on the team and was giving interviews talking about how he's never missed the playoffs. Then they did and the interviews/accountability stopped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think everyone should cut Dero a bit of slack. Any player in their right mind would want out of the dysfunctional TFC.

Dero has scored over 50% of our regular season goals in the 2009 & 2010 seasons. We owe him a debt of gratitude -- as without him we would have been a lot shitter than we were.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walnut View Post
    Dero has scored over 50% of our regular season goals in the 2009 & 2010 seasons. We owe him a debt of gratitude -- as without him we would have been a lot shitter than we were.
    Yeah.

Who cares the team was 5-6-0 in games when he scored? And that he went missing with no offensive production from June 5th to August 21st? And he ended that drought netting one in a 4-1 loss to NY on August 21st and then went missing again until September 18th? And that at least 6 of his goals came in games in which we lost, many by margins more than 2?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walnut View Post
    I think everyone should cut Dero a bit of slack. Any player in their right mind would want out of the dysfunctional TFC.

He's probably the best player we'll ever see in Toronto in terms of overall skill, putting up points and ability to singlehandedly win games on his own. Sure his antics might be stupid at times, but the fact remains we don't know how this whole Celtic ordeal actually went down. If were going to contend next year we need Dwayne on this team and to play like he has throughout his time here in Toronto, pay him what he wants and deserves. He's averaging a goal every other game with TFC, it's not like his performance doesn't warrant a pay raise. I don't blame DeRo for expecting more money when comparing salaries of many under preforming and overpaid players on Toronto present and past.

Here are a list of player salaries and a link for reference

http://www.mlsplayers.org/salary_info.html

TFC Attakora-Gyan Nana D 40,000.00 $ 40,000.00 $
    TFC Barrett Chad F 205,000.00 $ 212,500.00 $
    TFC Cann Adrian D 56,592.00 $ 65,342.00 $
    TFC Conway Jon GK 60,000.00 $ 69,833.33 $
    TFC de Guzman Julian M 1,670,796.00 $ 1,717,546.00 $
    TFC DeRosario Dwayne M 375,000.00 $ 443,750.00 $
    TFC Frei Stefan GK 80,000.00 $ 135,000.00 $
    TFC Gala Gabe D-M 40,000.00 $ 40,000.00 $
    TFC Garcia Nick D 190,000.00 $ 198,750.00 $
    TFC Gargan Daniel M 40,000.00 $ 40,000.00 $
    TFC Gomez Emmanuel D 40,000.00 $ 45,600.00 $
    TFC Harden Ty D 40,000.00 $ 40,000.00 $
    TFC Herold Zachary D 60,000.00 $ 109,166.67 $
    TFC Hscanovics Raivis D 114,000.00 $ 120,250.00 $
    TFC Ibrahim Fuad F 100,000.00 $ 133,000.00 $
    TFC Joseph Nane M 40,000.00 $ 40,000.00 $
    TFC Kocic Milos GK 40,000.00 $ 40,000.00 $
    TFC LaBrocca Nick M 77,000.00 $ 79,500.00 $
    TFC Martinez Miguel "Mista" F 968,736.00 $ 987,337.50 $
    TFC Peterson Jacob F 125,000.00 $ 143,000.00 $
    TFC Santos Maicon F 93,000.00 $ 93,000.00 $
    TFC Sanyang Amadou D 40,000.00 $ 46,555.55 $
    TFC Saric Martin M 90,000.00 $ 90,000.00 $
    TFC Usanov Maxim D 96,000.00 $ 102,250.00 $
    TFC White O'Brian F 105,000.00 $ 182,000.00

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC14 View Post
    He's probably the best player we'll ever see in Toronto in terms of overall skill, putting up points and ability to singlehandedly win games on his own.
    Whether you're a DeRo fan or not, I hope that's not the case.

I would hope that sometime in the future TFC has better players than that.

Otherwise we'd have a sad future.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say, that Facebook entry makes me think that it's now almost certain - he's not coming back. That and the way Mariner went on about the cap space they picked up in the Barrett trade.

The new guys want to remake the team. Dumping Barrett and Dero enables that.

It'll be highly interesting to see what Dero has to say once he leaves.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    +1. And it's not like the player stopped in the middle of a critical game and set the plastic pitch on fire.
    Now that is how you make a statement!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I have to say, that Facebook entry makes me think that it's now almost certain - he's not coming back. That and the way Mariner went on about the cap space they picked up in the Barrett trade.

The new guys want to remake the team. Dumping Barrett and Dero enables that.

It'll be highly interesting to see what Dero has to say once he leaves.
    On the contrary, for better or worse, Winter and Mariner's public stance on this issue thus far would suggest that they intend on moving forward with DeRo as an integral part of the team.

As for DeRo's stance on the issue, only he and his agent know for certain whether he wants to return or not. I just think it's highly presumptuous to assume that he definitely wants out based on his facebook status...