Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 2589
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    oh man......

which smiley best describes this whole thing?

or

actually, it's this

LOL .....
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about this ??
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    LOL whatever, man. I don't have a horse in this race, nor do I wish to debate this with you until the day DeRo retires.

I was just calling it as I saw it.

I actually kind of admire the way you've stuck to your guns about this regardless of what anyone else has said. Your posts alone must account for at least 30 pages of this thread, which is an incredible example of dedication, if nothing else.

My only point, one which was in that post I restated and one which I made weeks ago and one that I would like to make clear right here and now so there are not more questions is this:

DeRo has not handled this situation well. His gesture was ill-advised and his public complaining has made it worse.

However, if that is the worst of what he has done, then I think everyone who has chastised him on this issue has severely overreacted. Treated him unfairly in fact.

Now...if that is NOT the worst of what he has done, then there is room for discussion. But until someone can prove he has actually betrayed the terms of his contract, the CBA or his trust with the fans by direct disrespect to fans or the badge, then I can't see why people would ever consider dropping the only double-digit goal scorer we've ever had!

That is it. That is my whole point.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    oh man......

which smiley best describes this whole thing?

or

actually, it's this

This?

or

lastly

Last edited by Phil; 01-14-2011 at 04:07 PM.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    See, even you admit he's blown it.
    I think it's time to check your eyesight good sir...I might start calling you Flush. You're like 5 pages behind!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Because it's Friday and this is all I want from DeRo.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I think it's time to check your eyesight good sir...I might start calling you Flush. You're like 5 pages behind!
    I can't keep up. You've done like another 300 posts!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    Because it's Friday and this is all I want from DeRo.

Shouldn't you be asking that of the team? Seems to me they too have had that from the beginning.

But well played sir! I call your Mary J and raise you this!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're like 5 pages behind!

maybe he just took the time to read one of your posts, and by the time he was done, you were 5 more pages along
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I can't keep up. You've done like another 300 posts!
    Want to know something else? While doing all those posts, I closed a real estate deal, opened a new account and invested someone's money.

You people have no idea who you are dealing with.

But I'd be nowhere without my trusty

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want to know something else? While doing all those posts, I closed a real estate deal, opened a new account and invested someone's money.

You people have no idea who you are dealing with.

But I'd be nowhere without my trusty

I fix those....
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy Crap, DeRo updates his facebook status and all hell breaks loose. I honestly think that because of his ill advised gesture (which is actually the only verifiable issue to this point) that he has done irreversible damage to his reputation in this market. Aron Winter and Paul Mariner have stated their intentions regarding DeRo but if the casual fans at BMO Field react like the majority of supporters on this forum, there's no way he will last the season. Imagine how much more scrutiny DeRo will endure if his contract is renegotiated. I'm certain that he will be booed by some during player introductions. Every time he makes a questionable decision on the pitch he will be villified far worse than anyone else on the club.

Maybe you guys are right and it's best for him to move on...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A clear the air press release (with video) where he says he loves Toronto and the fans, followed by a half hearted apology for past actions will easily quell all this anger.

Watch it happen, and watch yourself scream your head off the next time he scores.

It will most likely happen, so just relax and enjoy the ride.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it true that cann and nana want more money?
    where do they get the nerve to ask for more money,get rid of them now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Nana is so greedy. He only wants a 2-year extension but the club wants to give him 4 years.

Why can't he just do what the club wants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/01/busy-days/

My blog on the draft, Barrett/Conway and DeRo... Here is what I wote specifically about the DeRo thing:

Perhaps the biggest news of the day yesterday, which is still breaking today is the fact that team captain Dwayne De Rosario’s trial with Celtic has ended and he is on his way home. DeRo posted the following on Facebook today:

"Thanks to all the Celtic supporters, players & coaching staff for making my trip to Scotland pleasant & memorable. TFC has denied Celtic’s interest for a short term loan so I will be returning. Wish the Celtic club & supporters all the best for 2011. Cheers!!!"

The key part of this post was where Dwayne stated that TFC had denied Celtic’s interest for a loan deal, which Aron Winter/TFC has subsequently confirmed. Taken at face value this means that there was some interest from Celtic to keep him on loan for a while yet TFC thought that it was better to have him here with his team. Simple enough.

Where this gets complicated and potentially damaging for all concerned is what happens next. Is the relationship between player and club beyond repair? Will DeRo get what he has publicly stated he wants namely more money and a DP deal? Will TFC ship him off to another MLS club and start fresh? Will his captaincy be stripped or affirmed??? Without knowing all the inside details that others claim to have about how all this went down I will reserve judgment for a while yet. What has happened has happened and the player and the club must move on from it in some way. Since DeRo went off to Glasgow Toronto FC has hired and put in place a new front office who were not there when this saga actually began. Winter, De Klerk and Mariner were not on board in December and as they are now calling the shots perhaps there is a chance for a clearing of the slate and a fresh start.

At this stage more than anything else, Dwayne De Rosario’s future in Toronto FC colours is in his hands. How he publicly deals with the questions that will be asked about this entire sordid affair when he makes himself available to answer them will for me determine if he has a future here or not. Believe the club or not they have publicly stated their position about this since the story broke. Dwayne has been silent. And upon his return I feel it is more than time for Dwayne’s silence about this issue to come to an end.
    Last edited by bgnewf; 01-14-2011 at 04:39 PM.

All up in your head, like your hairstylist!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sixty pages behind hahahahaha
    I want you all to relax...Just listen to this tune very very keenly....

Big up Dero the baddest baller outta Toronto City!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, nana said the money offer was fine. He won't be signing any cheques on the field or training with celtic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nana has not won anything...the min he gets a offer overseas he will run,and good for him,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dudebroguy View Post
    From his twitter/facebook

Dwayne De Rosario
    Thanks to all the Celtic supporters, players & coaching staff for making my trip to Scotland pleasant & memorable. TFC has denied Celtic's interest for a short term loan so I will be returning. Wish the Celtic club & supporters all the best for 2011. Cheers!!!
    Boohoo, TFC is so mean to DeRo...

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but he had to make sure that you knew he was asked to stay but the big bad TFC FO would let him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nana has not won anything...the min he gets a offer overseas he will run,and good for him,
    Actually he said himself yesterday that he is not ready for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

money talks..

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but he had to make sure that you knew he was asked to stay but the big bad TFC FO would let him.

So let me get this straight. You don't want him to be clear so we can spend another 60 pages debating whether there was interest or not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post

I agree with Winter's stance on the loan issue but that doesn't change the fact that DeRo is simply stating what transpired. Like I said, he's under the microscope now and will be an easy target for criticism...

All up in your head, like your hairstylist!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^hahahah Roogsy you hurt me with that one!

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All this talk about a new system and whether D-Money will fit in.. Blah, blah, blah. If you want to know where the club is headed, you have no farther to look than TFC's web site:

Headline: "On Course"

Headline above it: "New Direction."

Love it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/01/busy-days/

My blog on the draft, Barrett/Conway and DeRo... Here is what I wote specifically about the DeRo thing:

Perhaps the biggest news of the day yesterday, which is still breaking today is the fact that team captain Dwayne De Rosario’s trial with Celtic has ended and he is on his way home. DeRo posted the following on Facebook today:

"Thanks to all the Celtic supporters, players & coaching staff for making my trip to Scotland pleasant & memorable. TFC has denied Celtic’s interest for a short term loan so I will be returning. Wish the Celtic club & supporters all the best for 2011. Cheers!!!"

The key part of this post was where Dwayne stated that TFC had denied Celtic’s interest for a loan deal, which Aron Winter/TFC has subsequently confirmed. Taken at face value this means that there was some interest from Celtic to keep him on loan for a while yet TFC thought that it was better to have him here with his team. Simple enough.

Where this gets complicated and potentially damaging for all concerned is what happens next. Is the relationship between player and club beyond repair? Will DeRo get what he has publicly stated he wants namely more money and a DP deal? Will TFC ship him off to another MLS club and start fresh? Will his captaincy be stripped or affirmed??? Without knowing all the inside details that others claim to have about how all this went down I will reserve judgment for a while yet. What has happened has happened and the player and the club must move on from it in some way. Since DeRo went off to Glasgow Toronto FC has hired and put in place a new front office who were not there when this saga actually began. Winter, De Klerk and Mariner were not on board in December and as they are now calling the shots perhaps there is a chance for a clearing of the slate and a fresh start.

At this stage more than anything else, Dwayne De Rosario’s future in Toronto FC colours is in his hands. How he publicly deals with the questions that will be asked about this entire sordid affair when he makes himself available to answer them will for me determine if he has a future here or not. Believe the club or not they have publicly stated their position about this since the story broke. Dwayne has been silent. And upon his return I feel it is more than time for Dwayne’s silence about this issue to come to an end.
    im with you 100%..
    at the end of the day its what AW thinks and wants to do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having a new manager who hasn't been in the thick of the drama all winter, might actually be to DeRo's benefit.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Having a new manager who hasn't been in the thick of the drama all winter, might actually be to DeRo's benefit.

- Scott
    No argument there at all, I just wonder if supporters will welcome him back at this point considering that he's been labelled a primadona and a traitor by a surprising number of people...