Page 63 of 87 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 2589
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RooneyRPB View Post
    So the obvious doesnt qualify as doing something wrong?

I think it does and we are past this.

If you are looking for more wrong doing, I don't think we have any.
    What is the obvious? That he left without permission? That is only obvious if you selectively view the information, primarily the one that came out of TFC. But even then, Tom A threw that "theory" out the window. Let's at the very least agree that this issue is "debateable" and considering the things I've heard, outright wrong. Even Wheeler seems to have caught wind of the same, I don't know from where.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    He wants DeRo in camp to teach him the new Ajax-flavoured "Toronto way." If the rest of the team is playing one way, and DeRo is still playing Prekiball, it would be a disaster, wouldn't it.
    I've only ever known DeRo to play one style or system of football, the one he thought benifited himself the most.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    Of course, but DeRo's camp was leading people to believe he was just there to train.

And he was. I am not sure where the disconnect is here. Did you want Mark to explain the whole "training" process?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    I've only ever known DeRo to play one style or system of football, the one he thought benifited himself the most.

Lucky teams I guess that his style has helped his team win 4 championships.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    So your analogy works because both are "contracts" and you reject a more suitable analogy because it doesn't suit you? You disregarded a major fault in your analogy which is that in a marriage, you vow "eternal love" until death which is what makes your wife flirting or hooking up with another man a violation of that vow. Unless a player signs a "lifetime" contract like some players do (and DeRo did not), your analogy falls very flat.
    I'll concede the hooker analogy is better analogy.

But I take it even if you're with a hooker, she doesn't leave before the hour is up to go get another john. LOL

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    I'll concede the hooker analogy is better analogy.

But I take it even if you're with a hooker, she doesn't leave before the hour is up to go get another john. LOL

Let's hope neither of us has experience in this area.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And he was. I am not sure where the disconnect is here. Did you want Mark to explain the whole "training" process?
    Train is much different than trying to catch on with Celtic.

As his camp flat out said that wasn't his intent.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Let's hope neither of us has experience in this area.
    LOL...

For that you'll get a beer from me.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the obvious? That he left without permission? That is only obvious if you selectively view the information, primarily the one that came out of TFC. But even then, Tom A threw that "theory" out the window. Let's at the very least agree that this issue is "debateable" and considering the things I've heard, outright wrong. Even Wheeler seems to have caught wind of the same, I don't know from where.
    Sure, we dont all have the same info and probably wont ever.

The wrong doing that most are firmly held on is the ill advised cheque thing, and this situation coupled (just the optics of it) with the original signing stuff (remember we aquired him and he wouldnt sign the renogotiation) and the complaining he did in Houston are all issues that lend more twords a pattern that have put people off on the attitude front.

Again though his on field contribution is great and I know everyone wants that player over the public antics that have somehow followed him for a while.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL holy Christ, Roogsy. I haven't seen so much moving of the goalposts since I stopped playing street hockey as a kid.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LeBron James and Chris Bosh didn't do anything wrong either and as a result they are beloved in Cleveland and Toronto, respectively.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's really unfair Stryker. I have not shown you this much disrespect. I respectfully ask you to retract this offensive statement. We can have disagreement but there are lines that are not crossed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    LOL holy Christ, Roogsy. I haven't seen so much moving of the goalposts since I stopped playing street hockey as a kid.

My position has not changed Rudi. What exactly have I moved my position on? As each day and week goes on, different issues are discussed but my position has not changed on the fundamental issue.
    Last edited by Roogsy; 01-14-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry Roogs I didn't mean it to be insulting but rather make you realize how this looks. Right or wrong you're putting way too much of your energy into this dude.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    I'm sorry Roogs I didn't mean it to be insulting but rather make you realize how this looks. Right or wrong you're putting way too much of your energy into this dude.

Perhaps. Would you now say the same about the other side as well?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the obvious? That he left without permission?
    No. It's wrong that he didn't tell ME he was going. Seriously. Well, me and the rest of Toronto Supporters.

But mostly me.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friday afternoon for me....and vacation coming up. That is my story and I am sticking to it.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not reeeeeaaally bud. See, this side is like 10 posts each. The other side, your side, it's just you.

FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought he was there to try and leverage negotiations with the FO?! Is that not what you said 60 pages back?

If he did nothing wrong why did celtic have to pull him while the proper insurance and paperwork was put in place? Fact is, the entity that was most damaged by this whole debacle was our club. Not the player and not the FO.

He showed up there and didn't have the paperwork and insurance in place to train/trial/leverage his renegotiations, that was wrong. The club denies this and then there's photos of him doing just that. Does Earl look like a fucking goat or is it TFC? Earl is a nobody but our club gets dragged through the mud internationally because he/his agent/the FO/celtic/mls can't get their shit together to process the paperwork properly.

Why does he get the blame on here for the most part? He's the one that initiated it and went through with it before everything was in place, therefore that's what caused our club to look even more of a shambles and on an international stage. Feel free to correct any part of that where I'm wrong Roogsy. My third paragraph is the reason I went from wanting DP status minus the captaincy for him to just wanting him gone

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    No. It's wrong that he didn't tell ME he was going. Seriously. Well, me and the rest of Toronto Supporters.

But mostly me.

Dude....he didn't tell ME he was going. And apparently I am his agent/lawyer/bitch/lover. It's none of our business. What is our business is that all sides deal with each other professionally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My position has not changed Rudi. What exactly have I moved my position on? As each day and week goes on, different issues are discussed but my position has not changed on the fundamental issue.
    Well, I just re-joined this conversation after a couple of weeks off, but just from the past couple of pages alone...

After weeks of debating and 60 pages of this shit, I would just like to see one thing. I would like someone here to PROVE that DeRo has done something WRONG.
    Followed a few posts later by...

I can probably point to 10 posts where I say he handled this wrong.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought you knew the team MVP was voted on by the players?
    Interesting that he wasn't voted MVP this year, then.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Not reeeeeaaally bud. See, this side is like 10 posts each. The other side, your side, it's just you.

I am going to start calling the anti-DeRo side the "truthiness" nation.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude....he didn't tell ME he was going. And apparently I am his agent/lawyer/bitch/lover. It's none of our business. What is our business is that all sides deal with each other professionally.

wait, you mean you aren't his PR agent? because if he does have one, they should be paying you a cut
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I just re-joined this conversation after a couple of weeks off, but just from the past couple of pages alone...

LOL.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting that you cut out the important part of my post. You guys are all about "selectively" using even parts of my own posts! It's so indicative of what's gone one throughout this entire issue. Picking and choosing does not help generate an accurate picture of anything.

After weeks of debating and 60 pages of this shit, I would just like to see one thing. I would like someone here to PROVE that DeRo has done something WRONG.

Loans (or seeking them) are not wrong.
    Renegotiations are not wrong.
    Training in off-season is not wrong.

So far, the only thing wrong that he has truly done was his gesture, which he apologized to the team, the players and the fans. His public displeasure of his contract is also something that some might view with distaste. However, beyond that, what exactly has he done wrong that you guys can prove illicit such a virulent response to his dealings with TFC.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    wait, you mean you aren't his PR agent? because if he does have one, they should be paying you a cut

Maybe that's why I am doing all of this. I want to go into the PR business. DeRo will be my first client. Why not start with the hardest case possible.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh man......

which smiley best describes this whole thing?

or

actually, it's this

///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting that you cut out the important part of my post. You guys are all about "selectively" using even parts of my own posts! It's so indicative of what's gone one throughout this entire issue. Picking and choosing does not help generate an accurate picture of anything.
    LOL whatever, man. I don't have a horse in this race, nor do I wish to debate this with you until the day DeRo retires.

I was just calling it as I saw it.

I actually kind of admire the way you've stuck to your guns about this regardless of what anyone else has said. Your posts alone must account for at least 30 pages of this thread, which is an incredible example of dedication, if nothing else.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe that's why I am doing all of this. I want to go into the PR business. DeRo will be my first client. Why not start with the hardest case possible.
    See, even you admit he's blown it.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto