Page 57 of 87 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 2589
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok contract / attitude is one thing, but these arguments about Dero's performance last year are asinine.

Are we really going to argue he held back service to better options on this team? really?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 pages and I am still trying to get info on whether dero is leaving tfc or not....what is his current status with celtic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    56 pages and I am still trying to get info on whether dero is leaving tfc or not....what is his current status with celtic?
    He's staying until he isn't. Anselmi said he's not leaving, so he's probably sticking around, unless Winter determines he's surplus to the requirements of the team (not bloody likely).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontocelt View Post
    I think you are exaggerating the no passing from DeRo. Vitti wasn't a failure because of DeRo, this is all getting a bit much. Does anyone have any stats whatsoever that backs up all of these theories that DeRo doesn't pass to anyone?

Also with regards to DeRo taking too many shots as opposed to other players, I uncovered these stats when compared with chad barrett:

This is for the past two MLS seasons:

Dero : games played - 51, shots - 114, shots on goal - 57, goals scored - 26, assists - 8

Chad : games played - 45, shots - 77, shots on goal - 31, goals scored - 12, assists - 3

Basically when you average this out it means that DeRo has just over two shots on goal a game, isn't that the bare minimum you would expect from someone in a forward position?

Also it it quite clear that Chad is also getting in a decent amount of shots. Really if you were to average it out then DeRo would have about 23 shots more than chad in two seasons of football, that doesn't sound like too much to me, how about others? DeRo also has more than double the amount of goals and assists (you generally have to pass to a player for an assist). Chad has three assists in two seasons, so if he is making killer passes then they probably are not assists.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/...osario?cc=5901

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/...arrett?cc=5901
    I think the word pwned was invented for this post alone. I figured out a few months back that people will say ANYTHING about Dero because of their personal hate for the man. Nothing to do with his play on the field, all about his actions off the field. Not many will admit it though. They'll continue to try and convince you that Dero actually isn't as good as he thinks he is. They'll even try and convince you that he's detremental to the team on the field yet he leads the team in goals and assists since he got here. What's funny though, none of these people were talking smack about Dero's play on the field until the off the field problems started. That's something that's obvious to me and therefore it can be a big waste of time arguing Dero's productivity on the field with overreactors such as the ones we have here.
    Last edited by Pachuco; 01-09-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honestly anyone that hates on dero is a fool.

The Stats prove he is the best player to wear a TFC jersey.

Its so strange that people on this forum will priase the likes of Brennan and Robinson but type Vile for DERO. I just dont understand the LOGIC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Ok contract / attitude is one thing, but these arguments about Dero's performance last year are asinine.

Are we really going to argue he held back service to better options on this team? really?
    This. I want him gone because of his antics. I've never had an issue with him when he sticks to playing the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    So this just shows the DeRo an Attacking Midfielder who makes wild shots from outside the box rather then passing it and getting assists..

he shoots twice for every shot on goal.. and gets 1 goal out of every 4 shoots. Chad also gets 1 goal for every 4 shots.

Chad is getting fewer shots on Goal and his goals haven't come from set pieces.

What I'd like to see what DeRo's Stats look like with set pieces removed.

Because I'm guessing the shot number goes down by 20 or so and the goals go down by 10 at least.

Which would suggest if true that DeRo shoots wildly in game rather then passing it... I'm betting if Dero's shots on goal were dropped by even 10 percent the team as a whole would have scored more goals last season.

And that is why DeRo has never made it in Europe despite being a good player. IMO.
    Apart from he was playing as a striker for one of the seasons and he is only averaging just over two shots a game. Do you really think that just over two shots a game is too much for a player in a forward position? How do you expect people to score if just over two shots a game average is too much?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey stats nerds the baseball thread is over there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wheeler says Celtic working on short term loan deal for Dero - http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soc.../16850851.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THA BUTCHA View Post
    honestly anyone that hates on dero is a fool.

Its so strange that people on this forum will priase the likes of Brennan and Robinson but type Vile for DERO. I just dont understand the LOGIC.
    logic? how about you use some in your arguments. Your first line is a classic logical fallacy..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Celtic Say No To Toronto FC's De Rosario?

Reports out of Scotland suggest that Celtic will not make a loan or permanent bid for Dwayne De Rosario.

"As it stands, there is currently no indication from Celtic that they are going to make an offer for Dwayne De Rosario, whether on a short term or permanent basis," STV`s Grant Russell said

De Rosario featured in a friendly for Celtic against Hibs last week but it doesn`t look as if the Toronto FC captain has done enough to earn a swap to Celtic Park.

Neither TOornto FC or Celtic will discuss De Rosario`s status until the trial has concluded.

De Roasrio is expected to return to Toronto on the 18th of January.

Should these reports be true, this will be a boost to Toronto FC who are keen to hold on to their top goalscorer.

Read more: http://www.torontofc.vitalfootball.co.uk/a...7#ixzz1AvzOKoHf

http://www.torontofc.vitalfootball.co.uk/a...e.asp?a=7507127

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

errr.....

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...us-still-murky
    "
    “As it stands, there is currently no indication from Celtic that they are going to make an offer for Dwayne De Rosario, whether on a short term or permanent basis,” STV’s Grant Russell said.
    However, Russell suggested that if Celtic’s planned move for Norwegian striker Erik Huseklepp doesn't go through, then De Rosario might become a target, as he has made a positive impression with the club."

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soc.../16850851.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    logic? how about you use some in your arguments. Your first line is a classic logical fallacy..

BURN!!!!!

That same attitude has served TFC well on occasion, when De Ro has used it positively. I played hockey with guys like that; they could win you the game or, conversely, lose it on everyone in the dressing room after the team got beat up. Still, every team needs someone with that kind of fire - like it or not, that type of player gives a team its personality, and for all the reasons to like Brennan and Robbo, neither of them were game breakers. His cheque-signing antics were ill considered; still, De Ro is the only game breaker this team has... or did have, depending on the outcome of his Scotch tour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paging Roogsy.....

Paging Roogsy.....

What is up with your boy??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Section 110 View Post
    BURN!!!!!

That same attitude has served TFC well on occasion, when De Ro has used it positively. I played hockey with guys like that; they could win you the game or, conversely, lose it on everyone in the dressing room after the team got beat up. Still, every team needs someone with that kind of fire - like it or not, that type of player gives a team its personality, and for all the reasons to like Brennan and Robbo, neither of them were game breakers. His cheque-signing antics were ill considered; still, De Ro is the only game breaker this team has... or did have, depending on the outcome of his Scotch tour.
    If he was on a tour like that he won't be fit to play football

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Celtic: De Rosario not joining us on loan

STV’s Grant Russell confirmed to MLSsoccer.com that there would be no deal to have De Rosario join the club. Russell said that club executives informed reporters in Scotland on Thursday following training. De Rosario is expected to return to Toronto following the conclusion of the trial Friday.
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...oining-us-loan

Safe to say that DeRo has tested his market overseas, found that his stock isn't that high there, and he will now return slightly chastened, and much more willing to go with any reasonable offer from TFC. I think we've seen the last of any "cheque-signing" celebrations.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...oining-us-loan

Safe to say that DeRo has tested his market overseas, found that his stock isn't that high there, and he will now return slightly chastened, and much more willing to go with any reasonable offer from TFC. I think we've seen the last of any "cheque-signing" celebrations.
    I take it your not a Dero fan ..

more of a front office fan ..
    i say too bad for dero

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No surprise, just isn't good enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Come back humble

Dero, thanks for checking out your worth overseas, sorry that you and management had conflicts, but you better come back humble or you will be moved out of your home city, so fast, that you might as well have stated you are going to retire. Im asking one thing from you, check your attitude on the plane, in Scotland, and make sure you leave it there. Just be humble.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    Paging Roogsy.....

Paging Roogsy.....

What is up with your boy??

What's up in what sense? Not much more to the story than what we're getting from STV and Winter's comments from last week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

STV’s Grant Russell confirmed to MLSsoccer.com that there would be no deal to have De Rosario join the club. Russell said that club executives informed reporters in Scotland on Thursday following training. De Rosario is expected to return to Toronto following the conclusion of the trial Friday.
    Massive contract renegotiation ploy FAIL.

Looks good on him.
    Last edited by Stryker; 01-14-2011 at 12:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Celtic Say No To Toronto FC's De Rosario?

Read more: http://www.torontofc.vitalfootball.c...#ixzz1Az6KHCqf

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboveandbeyond View Post

i say too bad for dero
    Uh huh. That's the only choices offered. DeRo or FO.

Haha! OT that may just be my new sig-

Full time FO Supporter.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Massive contract renegotiation ploy FAIL.

Looks good on him.
    Agreed, it should be a fail but I'm still worried. Player claims he has value beyond TFC. So far, no one has validated that. Fellow DPs, such as Donovan and Freddie have had no trouble in receiving interest from international teams.

Be clear that I'm not worried if he plays out his current contract. I'm worried about giving up the DP slot for him.

There are still whispers that TFC is open to renegotiating his contract. Due to time pressure, seems like the twit might actually have some leverage and get his wish.

Sadly, he would be joining the ranks of MLS' DPs that include: Beckham, Castillo, Montero, Donovan, Nkufo, Fernandez, Henry, Marquez, Saborio, Bravo, Boskovic.

De Rosario is in the bottom tier of that group at best which means we can absolutely do better with that DP slot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^THAT would be an epic fail.

I have more faith in Winter/Mariner than that. Caving to Dero now, after all that has gone on, would destroy their regime before it even starts.

My guess: Winter will tell Dero the terms on which he will be welcome, which will be about both playing for his existing contract and Dero being flexible about his role....or Winter will let him go, for essentially nothing, because he values the cap space.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The TSN article posted last night alluded to TFC renegotiating his contract upon his return...

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=349271

In other TFC news, www.mls.com reported captain Dwayne De Rosario will not be staying in Scotland after training with Celtic.

De Rosario has been unhappy with his contract, which at US$443,750 was about a quarter of what designated player Julian de Guzman earned last season. Toronto, which did not offer comment on the report, said it will renegotiate his contract. The club has also said it expects De Rosario back for Toronto's training camp.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would gladly take De Rosario back. All the bullshit can be mended if people are willing.

By the way, does anyone know what is the deadline for De Rosario's option? I'm assuming we've already picked it up for 2011?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just talked to my neighbour who is a friend with DeRo's family. According to him DeRo just went to Europe for some different training experience in Europe and to stay fit. He says he is definitely coming back and had no intention to stay overseas. We will definitely see him come training camp. Apparently he was really worried that he may have lost his MLS contract over this so it doesn't sound like he would be willing to walk away from the team if they didn't want to renegotiate for too much more than he makes now.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboveandbeyond View Post

i say too bad for dero

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Uh huh. That's the only choices offered. DeRo or FO.

Haha! OT that may just be my new sig-

Full time FO Supporter.
    I like DeRo's playing, always have, especially for the MNT. He's lost some of my respect with his salary wrangling (which date back to Houston), and especially the "cheque signing" celebration. He thinks he's worth much more than he's actually worth, and has a very poor attitude about it.

I was one of the chief "Mo Must Go" proponents, so I doubt the FO looks on me as a buddy!!!! I'll give the new regime a chance to earn respect, like every new employee should have, and not hold them accountable for Mo's stupidity and lying ways.

Good idea on the signature!!
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 01-14-2011 at 09:19 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I just talked to my neighbour who is a friend with DeRo's family. According to him DeRo just went to Europe for some different training experience in Europe and to stay fit. He says he is definitely coming back and had no intention to stay overseas. We will definitely see him come training camp. Apparently he was really worried that he may have lost his MLS contract over this so it doesn't sound like he would be willing to walk away from the team if they didn't want to renegotiate for too much more than he makes now.
    Yeah, he just went to stay fit. Seems like a big risk to his rep to go through all of this just for a little aerobic activity.

That's some nice spinning when it doesn't go the way you want it.

Reminds me of my roommate in University.

When he spotted a lady that tweaked his interest, he would ask:

"Want to dance?"

If she said yes, he was in.

If she said no, he replied:

"No you didn't hear me right, I said you look FAT in those PANTS!"

It's all about saving face isn't it?
    Last edited by Pookie; 01-14-2011 at 09:19 AM.