Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just tweeted DeRo the following:

bgnewf@dwaynederosario How is Scotland? And for the record did TFC give u permission to go??

Will keep you posted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Please do, haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't renew, because of MLSE. This whole scenario I believe vindicates my decision (at least to me it does). No way Celtic would allow Dero to come on trial without TFC permission, so I believe that Celtic is a professional club that behaves as such, and as a result I believe Dero came with permission.

TFC on the other hand, is lying right to the face of all their fans, in another attempt to make players look like the bad guys, although I think this whole scenarion will blow up right in their face.

As for Dero "betraying" TFC fans, the city, etc. Hogwash! I am all for a good career move and anyone with a similar opportunity would do the same, simple as that. I wish him nothing but the best in his attempt, and if it doesn't pan out, will be happy to see him training with the team in Turkey.

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by superstar1976; 12-29-2010 at 11:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by superstar1976 View Post
    I didn't renew, because of MLSE. This whole scenario I believe vindicates my decision (at least to me it does). No way Celtic would allow Dero to come on trial without TFC permission, so I believe that Celtic is a professional club that behaves as such, and as a result I believe Dero came with permission.

TFC on the other hand, is lying right to the face of all their fans, in another attempt to make players look like the bad guys, although I think this whole scenarion will blow up right in their face.

As for Dero "betraying" TFC fans, the city, etc. Hogwash! I am all for a good career move and anyone with a similar opportunity would do the same, simple as that. I wish him nothing but the best in his attempt, and if it doesn't pan out, will be happy to see him training with the team in Turkey.

My 2 cents.
    If TFC is lying about this, then why did Celtic stop DeRo from training with them today, and why did the league themselves say that there was no agreement in place to allow DeRo to train outside of TFC's auspices?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    If TFC is lying about this, then why did Celtic stop DeRo from training with them today, and why did the league themselves say that there was no agreement in place to allow DeRo to train outside of TFC's auspices?
    I'm not sure of the truth of this, but I know someone in the media who is pursuing a story that would explain it. At the root of it is a "misunderstanding" (possibly intentional) between the differences of being on trial with a club and training with a club. A player can workout or train with whoever he wants needing only informal permission, no paperwork, no extra insurance etc. A player who is on trial needs a more official permission, with paper work, added insurance etc.

It seems as if DeRo got - or thought that he got - open ended permission to train with others, it just became an issue when the 'others' turned out to be a team that was interested in him, it was a trial that was being called a training session. Celtic pulled the plug when the story began to unravel. I'm not sure if they're complicite in things or victims themselves.

My friend who's writing this has what he needs from one side and is awaiting (I think like a lot of people) to hear from DeRo and/or his agent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    At the root of it is a "misunderstanding" (possibly intentional) between the differences of being on trial with a club and training with a club. A player can workout or train with whoever he wants needing only informal permission, no paperwork, no extra insurance etc. A player who is on trial needs a more official permission, with paper work, added insurance etc.

It seems as if DeRo got - or thought that he got - open ended permission to train with others, it just became an issue when the 'others' turned out to be a team that was interested in him, it was a trial that was being called a training session. Celtic pulled the plug when the story began to unravel. I'm not sure if they're complicite in things or victims themselves.
    Reminds me of:

It depends on what the meaning of Cheating is

Last edited by FluSH; 12-30-2010 at 08:07 AM.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    To me it sounds like Celtic just wants to error on the side of caution and stay out of the mess for the moment. I don't think it should be taken as proof of any wrong-doing.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    To me it sounds like Celtic just wants to error on the side of caution and stay out of the mess for the moment. I don't think it should be taken as proof of any wrong-doing.

Agree. While nobody knows....

I believe that the correct default position is that some sort of permission was given by MLS to Dero/Celtic, but that MLS thought they had checked with TFC, or decided not to check.

Cochrane then made the situation far worse when his instinct was to give a blanket denial to even the concept of of a Dero trial, seemingly without even bothering to call Dero or someone at MLS or Celtic to check (the holidays are not an excuse, teams and leagues are fully staffed over the holidays in every sport).

The thing became a huge embarassment to MLS when, a few hours later, Dero hit the pitch in Glasgow. This is the moment where Dero really put TFC mgmt to the sword. He was probably the only person in the Glasgow who knew that TFC had formally denied even the possibility of his stepping on the field. So he could have held off. Most people in his position would have. But I guess he doesn't care too much about whether Cochrane or Anselmi look foolish or not.

(I'm certain Dero would deny that he knew about the first Cochrane statement before stepping on the pitch. He would have to say that. But you'd have to decide for yourself what the odds are that someone texted or emailed him that TFC release. I'd say those odds are pretty high.)

There was a lot of tortured syntax in the TFC and MLS press releases. But, importantly, Dero wasn't told to come home. Celtic are bit actors in this, they just drew back once they realized MLS had a problem with the whole thing.

What this episode says about the league's view of TFC and/or Cochrane, is pretty interesting.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-30-2010 at 09:17 AM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The should go after both DeRo and Celtic through FIFA channels. This amounts to a tap up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No need to be upset. Just trade his ass. Simple as that. It should be the same if Dan Gargan tried to unleash himself on another league, without team permission.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    No need to be upset. Just trade his ass. Simple as that. It should be the same if Dan Gargan tried to unleash himself on another league, without team permission.
    lol

I wish we had a team of Dan Gargans, hard working guys, low salary, who actually want to prove themselves and be successful.

For some reason, anyone who's a goalscorer is seen as this egoistic, money hungry player, and all the defenders are the hard working down to earth guys. We can find high scoring players who are also humble, so perhaps we need a team of Gargans and Canns up front too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo = Yashin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just hope DeRo knows how to sign resignations too...

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just hope DeRo knows how to sign resignations too...
    But doesn't this lead you to think there's more to this than DeRo simply trialling with Celtic without the club's permission? Anyone with half a brain cell would have known they'd be in serious trouble doing so.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    But doesn't this lead you to think there's more to this than DeRo simply trialling with Celtic without the club's permission? Anyone with half a brain cell would have known they'd be in serious trouble doing so.
    Honestly, I don't really care at this point.

Give me a team of guys who will just go to work everyday, that is all I ask.

The allure of the TFC drama has long since passed for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I don't really care at this point.

Give me a team of guys who will just go to work everyday, that is all I ask.

The allure of the TFC drama has long since passed for me.
    My feelings exactly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This ship is sinking................ fast!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry guys, we still have Jurgen as quasi-GM lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC has treated Dero like it treats the fans - like crap. I'm quite enjoying Dero giving MLSE a taste of their own medicine. Don't necessarily agree with his actions however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
    TFC has treated Dero like it treats the fans - like crap. I'm quite enjoying Dero giving MLSE a taste of their own medicine. Don't necessarily agree with his actions however.
    You mean trading for him after he begged to come here for 2 years, giving him a contract extension/more money, bringing in some of his buddies to play with him, making him the face of the franchise and setting him up with all sorts of advertising opportunities? Ya, I'd hate to be treated like that too

Edit: ^^^ No-one blames him for wanting to go to Celtic. I think everyone would love to see him get transfered there. The issue is that hes trialing without notifying the club despite being under contract for 2 years

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    You mean trading for him after he begged to come here for 2 years,

wait.... what?

he was kinda busy in Houston ... you know... winning trophies.

let's not revise history here, DeRo was luke-warm to coming here in the beginning. He did come, but he sure wasn't begging.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
    TFC has treated Dero like it treats the fans - like crap.
    IF dero is gone, I wouldn't hold any of this against him.

Just because the ship is sinking, it doesn't make him a rat for refusing to go down with it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    Just because the ship is sinking, it doesn't make him a rat for refusing to go down with it.
    No, but it does with the manner he's doing it in.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cereal View Post
    No, but it does with the manner he's doing it in.

Again, completely assuming TFC/FO/MLS did not know.
    Why is the player the LIAR and not the club?

I don't know who is lying, but I do know everyone (including me to some extend) were really quick to jump on Dero and blame him.

As others have said, would Celtic really be that stupid to accept him on a trial if they didn't know something we don't?!?!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Menelaos View Post
    I don't know who is lying, but I do know everyone (including me to some extend) were really quick to jump on Dero and blame him.

people feel hurt because of our emotional attachment to the team,

having said that..... our team isn't being run well (understatement) and most of us can see that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, it seems with the front office in shambles that there is no chain of command. So im sure he went off on his own. It would be great to see him play at Celtic Park....for a fee.

but mostly, at least he's staying in shape.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Menelaos View Post
    Again, completely assuming TFC/FO/MLS did not know.
    Why is the player the LIAR and not the club?
    Because based off what we know, that is exactly what happened?

Why is the club the liar, when they even posted a press release? If they were lying, that seems like borderline libel, I doubt they'd want to do that.

Assuming the club is lying seems a lot less likely than assuming they didn't know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IF dero is gone, I wouldn't hold any of this against him.

Isn't the captain suppose to go down with the ship?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    Isn't the captain suppose to go down with the ship?

actually, it's called a 'lifeboat' and most ships have them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, it's called a 'lifeboat' and most ships have them.
    Somebody didn't see Titanic...