Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Strange set of occurances but it is best to look at the facts and determine who holds leverage.

The fact is that DeRo is under contract to TFC for 2 more years

At first glance, DeRo has painted himself into a corner.

If Celtic don't want him, he's lost all leverage with the club for a contract renegotiation. If he wants a paycheck, he'll have to play back in Toronto in front of a potentially negative crowd. Endorsements in TO? Yeah, those should dry up too.

TFC could trade him but the number of clubs willing to touch a high maintenance player like this who could "screw you" while under contract.

If Celtic do want him, and since TFC was not informed, as is their public position, Celtic face tampering charges if TFC chooses to levy them. Tampering charges could be used as leverage to extract more in a transfer. And they will. These guys know how to run a calculator.

He just made it 100% harder for a deal like this to come together.
    Yes I agree with all of this, which is why I keep saying he is getting very bad advice. What I am not comprehending is the Celtic angle in all of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Gentlemen, our club is now the laughingstock of the league. Less than 24 hours after TFC specifically denies DeRo trialling with Celtic we're now looking at exactly that! Did DeRo take matters in his own hands and arrange the trail by himself. Did TFC and the league try to keep it under wraps before making the announcement themselves? Both scenarios are equally plausible.

But aside from all that, here's the one fundamental issue that needs to be addressed. Just how bad are things going at the club right now between management and the players? The "revolving door" is a term that hasn't been used a lot in recent months, but is this yet another sign of exactly that?

Looking at things logically, it doesn't make sense for an individual to burn his bridges in such a way just for the sake of a trial. Nothing is guaranteed for DeRo in Scotland, but if he did all this without the club or league's consent, then he has basically given up any hope to play for Toronto again and could be facing a hefty league fine.
    I'm glad I didn't renew for next season, this club is a complete and utter shambles. TFC's statement yesterday, and then the news today? Total lack of professionalism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo Trialling With Celtic - And TFC is Blindsided

http://tinyurl.com/3888lta

One day after TFC denies that Captain Dwayne De Rosario is going to trial at Glasgow Celtic, low and behold DeRo shows up there today. What this might all mean for DeRo, TFC and the as yet incomplete Front Office.

Comments are always welcome and of course always appreciated.

i'm easy to find, i'll be at the bottom having fun!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didnt read the whole thread so sorry if this has been mentioned.
    IMO no MLS team would pay Dero the money he wants cause he wasnt a threat to leave the league, he was an MLS lifer!! Now he's a threat to go elsewhere and probably just jockeying for a better negotiation position.

He's already accomplished pretty much all he can in MLS so i dont see the problem with him now looking for a payday, especially at his age

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont be so naive, for sure the club knows exactly whats happening!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will wait to hear the whole story.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dero did this behind their backs. He has zero class.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    I will wait to hear the whole story.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dero did this behind their backs. He has zero class.
    That might be going a bit too far.
    Unless you personally know the man, saying he has "zero class" is too much.

Neither YOU nor I know the inside story, so I'd suggest not attacking his character as a whole.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just find the whole situation very strange....

Shortly after the rumours of DeRo's trial at Celtic emerged you would think that before TFC issued that statement they called DeRo/DeRo's agent to confirm or deny the rumours. They hopefully called Celtic to confirm or deny. He probably flew to Scotland yesterday so they had to have some way of finding out he was in Scotland. It seems odd they would issue such a defiant statement saying that he would not be going on trial when they in fact either knew or had decent grounds to believe that he was on trial. If they knew then the statement should have said he has not been authorized by MLS or TFC to go on trial. The front office looks bad on this.
    Last edited by TFCin110; 12-28-2010 at 11:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCin110 View Post
    I just find the whole situation very strange....

Shortly after the rumours of DeRo's trial at Celtic emerged you would think that before TFC issued that statement they called DeRo/DeRo's agent to confirm deny the rumours. They hopefully called Celtic to confirm or deny. He probably flew to Scotland yesterday so they had to have some way of finding out he was in Scotland. It seems odd they would issue such a defiant statement saying that he would not be going on trial when they in fact either knew or had decent grounds to believe that he was on trial. If they knew then the statement should have said he has not been authorized by MLS or TFC to go on trial.
    No way, respectfully. He is under contract with TFC. TFC is not supposed to be chasing him and his possy (of 1) to confirm or deny. And they cant call other clubs based on rumours. Dero needs permission from TFC as he is under contract with them. If no one contacted them, then they are fully in their right to issue such a statement. Actually even if they were aware of the rumours, they should have done that, because it pins Dero in a corner as no official approval was granted.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    No way, respectfully. He is under contract with TFC. TFC is not supposed to be chasing him and his possy (of 1) to confirm or deny. And they cant call other clubs based on rumours. Dero needs permission from TFC as he is under contract with them. If no one contacted them, then they are fully in their right to issue such a statement. Actually even if they were aware of the rumours, they should have done that, because it pins Dero in a corner as no official approval was granted.
    Ok, well we'll agree to disagree...

I also believe that we should keep personal attacks on DeRo grounded. We need to get his side of the story and even still I would not call his classless. He's good in the community and for me personally, I remember him buying me drinks on my birthday at the 90th minute party 2 years ago. He seems like a decent guy...maybe just making a bad decision in this case.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And TFC continues to be run like a pub team, surprise, surprise.

I fear for what 2011 has in store.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let De Rosario leave. If Celtic want him, then maybe they will pay something for him.

I'm tired of this side show and maybe this is the kick in the pants the club needs to get it's shit together.

I don't want players that aren't happy here. It's not good to anyone.
    ĄVamos Celta!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by El Juan View Post
    Let De Rosario leave. If Celtic want him, then maybe they will pay something for him.

I'm tired of this side show and maybe this is the kick in the pants the club needs to get it's shit together.

I don't want players that aren't happy here. It's not good to anyone.
    Big +1

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Menelaos View Post
    Big +1
    YES GUY!
    ĄVamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree about the personal attacks, but how could you define this in any other way than 'classless'.

I'm glad he bought you a few drinks, but that doesn't mean he's not an sel-centred dimwit. I guess I broke my own rule. Oh well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    I agree about the personal attacks, but how could you define this in any other way than 'classless'.

I'm glad he bought you a few drinks, but that doesn't mean he's not an sel-centred dimwit. I guess I broke my own rule. Oh well.
    Fair enough, but lets get all the facts before we deem him classless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCin110 View Post
    Fair enough, but lets get all the facts before we deem him classless.
    His actions are a reflection of himself. While I agree calling him classless without all the facts is classless (hah!), the fact of the matter is the cheque signing thing was classless. The public comments were classless, and this sure as hell looks classless. That's a lot of classless. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am just having a REAL hard time with Celtic taking him on trail knowing he is on contract without talking to ANYONE. Just doesn't make much sense to me, Celtic know better than that. So I don't know if they talked to MLS maybe, I really don't know, I just would be surprised if they didn't talk to anyone. It is REALLY confusing to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Bhoy View Post
    i am just having a REAL hard time with Celtic taking him on trail knowing he is on contract without talking to ANYONE. Just doesn't make much sense to me, Celtic know better than that. So I don't know if they talked to MLS maybe, I really don't know, I just would be surprised if they didn't talk to anyone. It is REALLY confusing to me
    I'm not, ask referees about Celtic's behaviour with regard to respect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Bhoy View Post
    Maybe Deros agent said he'd handle it? We don't really know the rules of international transfers with players under long term contracts. Maybe quid-pro-quo is the agent acts as the go between until a deal is imminent? I agree with you that a club like Celtic probably wouldn't knowingly tamper like that, that's the only logical explanation I can think of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is this club such a fucking gong show?

Where's the emoticon for 100,000 face palms?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/12...-de-ro-rumours

QUASH

sorry Duane, but there goes your credibility.

TFC just made you look quite the fool.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So when DeRo returns back from his 1 week vacation (aka. trial), San Jose will be his next destination?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A real DP would definitely go against his teams policies, and not lead by example.

Trade him. I'm sick of his drama. No one in the MLS is bigger than the team...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe they made a cheque signing motion and he flocked that way?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dero chicken to the dolllllllllahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does he realize the average SPL player makes about $300k a year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Does he realize the average SPL player makes about $300k a year?
    maybe he thinks he can earn that then come back and play for us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, http://twitter.com/#!/jasondevos/sta...95137416658944

Jason deVos
    Dero goes on trial at Celtic without asking #TFC for permission. He is so wrong he can't even see right from where he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BAH-ZINGA for Parkie. So true.