Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 2589
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Interesting. Rollins tweeted an hour ago that TFC says paperwork is not done.

But John Molinaro tweeted TWO hours ago that Celtic says everything is fine.

If this doesn't tell you that each side is playing PR games, I dunno what would. And if the "delay" doesn't tell you how much TFC is also playing games themselves, I don't know what would. You'd think 2 days later the "routine" paperwork would be done.
    That is one interpretation. but not necessarily the correct one Roogsy.

I come back to motive. You claim that TFC is lying about all of this. And you might be correct. I don't know and until "sources" are willing to come forward neither, with all due respect, do you or for that matter Duane Rollins or anyone else for that matter.

Yet with every "lie" you claim they make they look stupider and stupider. You know the first rule when you are stuck at the bottom of a deep hole is to stop digging.

TFC has stated what it claims is going on. Celtic is saying something, to a degree, but not completely inconsistent with TFC's position.

The missing piece here is your boy DeRo. He needs to get his face in front of a fucking camera and explain himself and his version of events to the fans of Toronto FC. He is our Captain for chrissakes and to carry on in such a manner is a disgrace. He has the time to go on Twitter and post links to his favourite songs and to wish everyone happy new year today and sit in a luxury box with Freddy to watch a Celtic game, yet he can't take a minute to clarify for the fans, who he claims to love, what he thinks is going on.

With every second that passes where Team DeRo stays silent the more they are more in my mind primarily to blame for this entire mess.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both sides are playing the "silent" game big guy. Much like how I am demanding TFC come clean, you are demanding the same of DeRo. DeRo is not the only one here with the missing pieces. The truth is that BOTH sides need to come clean, not just one side.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC has official statements of their position of this on their web site. How is that being silent?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both sides are playing the "silent" game big guy. Much like how I am demanding TFC come clean, you are demanding the same of DeRo. DeRo is not the only one here with the missing pieces. The truth is that BOTH sides need to come clean, not just one side.
    Not sure why you are saying both sides are staying silent. TFC have issued at least 3 statements since this began where Dero has not muttered a word.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    TFC has official statements of their position of this on their web site. How is that being silent?

Statements without providing information. Making noise doesn't actually make anyone more informed. The same could be said about DeRo's "tweet". Technically he wasn't "silent".

Coming clean means laying all the info out on the table. Neither side has done that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    From Sky Sports News

MLS side Toronto FC will help Celtic secure Dwayne De Rosario rather than look to punish them for having their player on trial.

Bhoys boss Neil Lennon recently confirmed the club were looking at the 32-year-old Canada international with a view to securing his services.

It later emerged that De Rosario had two years left on his contract with Toronto FC and had not been given permission to travel.

However, the Canadian side are now of the understanding that Celtic believed all the necessary paperwork was in place and that they hold no grudge against the team.

"We talked with Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell and he indicated that Celtic had been told by both the player and his agent that they had permission," a league official told mlssoccer.

"When we are told that by a club like Celtic we are inclined to not move towards a legal action and instead work with them to secure the proper paperwork."

No games really, this is pretty clear.

TRIAL, not training and dishonesty on the part of DeRo. Not a word from the man or his agent. However to his credit it looks like he got what he wanted.

He should pray that his TRIAL goes well. Freddy has already inked a deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before you say his brother and agent have spoken Roogsy...why hasn't DeRo?

He could have really helped himself out with the supporters if he had

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    Before you say his brother and agent have spoken Roogsy...why hasn't DeRo?

He could have really helped himself out with the supporters if he had
    And here I thought he was in another country training with a team. Ironic that now we're demanding he speak up when usually people are asking him to clam up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Statements without providing information. Making noise doesn't actually make anyone more informed. The same could be said about DeRo's "tweet". Technically he wasn't "silent".

Coming clean means laying all the info out on the table. Neither side has done that.
    you are splitting hairs dude.

Where is the substantive statement from Dwayne explaining why he is there, what he wants and why have there been apparent inconsistencies with the paperwork?

Does he want to remain with TFC?

Is this in his opinion a trial or just a training opportunity?

Does he intend to come back?

Whether you agree with what either Celtic or TFC is saying or "not" saying in one thing and I will give you benefit of the doubt for your beliefs. But at least they are saying something.

DeRo becomes more of a disgrace by the minute.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quoting you

"Both sides are playing the "silent" game big guy."

I asked how TFC are playing the silent game when they have issued official statements on their position? Are you saying those official statements don't count?

So DeRo's tweet his his official statement? OK. I'll note that ... "Don't believe the hype"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He had time to deny he said that shit about his old neighbourhood he could have thrown in a line about not taking off on his team.
    Last edited by Pigfynn; 12-30-2010 at 06:51 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And here I thought he was in another country training with a team. Ironic that now we're demanding he speak up when usually people are asking him to clam up.
    we ask him to clam up when he scores a single in a 2-1 game and instead of running the ball back like the champ he poses as he gets his fucking cock out, not when he's running around with another fucking crest on his shirt

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An official statement from TFC FO doesn't mean anything! Dero is too busy jumping over pool tables to account for his activities! Lennon going on about taking a look at Dero and what he can offer Celtic meant he was taking them all out for dinner for letting him use their weight room!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    we ask him to clam up when he scores a single in a 2-1 game and instead of running the ball back like the champ he poses as he gets his fucking cock out, not when he's running around with another fucking crest on his shirt
    Harsh, but a big friggin +1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far in this whole mess the only "side" that looks at all professional is Celtic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    I can honestly say that:

1. I become a season ticket holder without the promise of any player and renewed year after year without such promises.

2. I was much happier without the drama that DeRo has created in his stay here... from the Wheeler interview, to the cheque writting celebration, to this.

I have more pride and dignity for myself and this club than to sell out to a selffish player who doesn't give two shits about his team... in fact if DeRo does return after this bullshit I may indeed reconsider and sell my tickets... I can't fathom cheering for this man (with low values and morals) who stands for all the things that I do not want my children to be...
    Let me explain the post that you quoted for a second. When I say that I wouldn't have renewed my season's tickets if I knew Dero wasn't going to be on the team I mean that...here's why:

I was literally at my last straw with the pathetic organization that runs this club and for a period of time I was not renewing for all the same reasons everyone else contemplated it as well. Reasons that would take me forever to go through.

Having said that, I always believed that as long as we had one of the best players in the MLS, there's always the chance that he could lead us to a playoffs spot, which is really all I'm looking for at this patethic point. Now, in hindsight, if I had known that this season wasn't just about replacing the deadweight, the coach and the GM (as if that's not enough). Now add to that replacing your star player and I don't think I would've renewed. Say what you will about his character, his consistent production is something pretty difficult to come by.

Personally I was hoping De Guzman was the one leaving in the offseason and that Dero was staying. We'd be instantly so much better. Instead the reverse has happened, and I'm stuck watching our supposive star player that remains give the ball away to the other team and jump into the stands when a player winds up to shoot. Still curious why it's Dero that gets the attention from Europe when so many people around here claim DeGuzman could walk into a top league in Europe.

Now, having said all that, that's I would've felt if this had transpired months ago. Now, with the Dero shannanigans I am starting to think we are better off with a fresh start. Not because I think Dero is a terrible person (I'm glad he's done what he's done and I'll continue to support him either way) but because him and the club obviously don't see eye to eye at this point. There's obviously a terrible relationship there and I don't think it can be fixed at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    He had time to deny he said that shit about his old neighbourhood he could have thrown in a line about not taking off on his team.
    This.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roogsy, I can't believe you're still at this. Wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. Rollins tweeted an hour ago that TFC says paperwork is not done.

But John Molinaro tweeted TWO hours ago that Celtic says everything is fine.

If this doesn't tell you that each side is playing PR games, I dunno what would. And if the "delay" doesn't tell you how much TFC is also playing games themselves, I don't know what would. You'd think 2 days later the "routine" paperwork would be done.
    FYI

http://twitter.com/#!/JohnMolinaro/status/20628427425976320
    Quote Originally Posted by John Molinaro
    I would've tweeted TFC statement 2 hrs ago when I got it, but had to rush to dinner with my niece and two nephews - devoted uncle and all
    http://twitter.com/#!/JohnMolinaro/status/20628131442331648
    Quote Originally Posted by John Molinaro
    TFC told me they "are still working with the league and Celtic to finalize the [trial] agreement" for Dero.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roogsy, if that isn't proof enough that you're trying too hard...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cereal View Post
    Roogsy, I can't believe you're still at this. Wow.
    LOL Come on we have to love Roogsy for this! I told him that he should have been a lawyer...

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    So DeRo's tweet his his official statement? OK. I'll note that ... "Don't believe the hype"
    He did say "exciting week of futbol coming up..." a week ago. TFC should have known EXACTLY what he was planning.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL Come on we have to love Roogsy for this! I told him that he should have been a lawyer...
    Sometimes the client is just guilty...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good lawyers know when to just cut a deal with the prosecutor.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    When I see pictures of JDGS fuckin Orange LAMBO it angers me. . .
    To me the above is the right way of looking out for yourself. Not slagging your teammates and making them feel bad because you believe you should get paid more than them... As a captain, that's gonna go real far in gellin' the team together.

JDG negotiated a kickass deal... something that DeRo could learn a move or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me the above is the right way of looking out for yourself. Not slagging your teammates and making them feel bad because you believe you should get paid more than them... As a captain, that's gonna go real far in gellin' the team together.

JDG negotiated a kickass deal... something that DeRo could learn a move or two.
    Well when you're taking that amount for doing fuck all you SHOULD be keeping your head down and saying nothing!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    Well when you're taking that amount for doing fuck all you SHOULD be keeping your head down and saying nothing!
    Hey absolutely, but you shouldn't have to endure a co-worker/teammate constantly bitching about his own situation because you make more. That right there is a bitch ass move.

DeRO should have negotiated his contract proper... if he feels he was wrong... sue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I no longer believe Roogsy is related or friends with DeRo. At this stage, I'm convinced he is DeRo.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roogsy, did you grow up in South Central LA as well?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    absolutely ridiculous. they knew that de ro was already pissed, and deciding what to do with him should surely be the first priority given the effect it would have on salary cap/dp issues. not to mention he's the captaion and star player. treat him right. yeah he's a bit of a diva, but jesus, don't let it just drift by while you take over 3 months to decide on mariner.

don't like how de ro did it, but really can't blame him for doing it. such an amateur hour shitshow.
    +1,..who knows what he was promised when Moe brought him here, so he works hard, still he sees no raise and then JDG gets millions and then, the huge joke Mista then he keeps throwing it on the field and CARRY's the team yup, who else??? names???...so who have you have not been passed by in the job/raise by someone you thought underqualified, what do you do?....leave? Look for alternate possibilities?......He has never let us down or given up!...he's been seriously left to rot in this thread.........is it any wonder anyone wants to play here?......He was played by the previous mgr....and still gave it all......so sorry he doesn't ask all of the detractors what should be his next move....San Jose would love him......and what do we get a Dp that is here for how long? with what supporting cast???....yes his career, will soon be over which is why He is looking NOW for a reward.......if he leaves, I hope he IS rewarded, oh of course we have , JDG .........hitting as the highest paid, what,...nice guy? .....this IS PRO sports, if he stays here you know he'll dig in and die trying!....If MLSE is in the right here, where's the team?,..ideas?...communication?.....They are as usual trying to run the team learning on the job.........someone screwed up in admin/or his camp with PAPER!.......I wish him 100% success. wherever......
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana