Page 31 of 87 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    right on cue.

24thminute

Big #tfc news to be reported on CSN after 2pm est. No, not DeRo related.

and

callitfootball

The waiting is the hardest part... #TFC #GM #3pm
    What crappy GM have they hired to try and look like they're moving forward as a knee jerk response to everything that's happened?
    Probley Earl.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    Hahahaha !

Hey guys! look over here!!! over here!!! no over here!!!

Look away the shiny new shit storm and look over here!

What a joke
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza_55 View Post
    So then why haven't Celtic, DeRo or his agent shown the media the written agreement between MLS/TFC and Celtic that allows the player to train?
    I will tell you why. It doesn't exist.
    When was the last time you saw one of these agreements even when there was a dispute?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    What crappy GM have they hired to try and look like they're moving forward as a knee jerk response to everything that's happened?
    Probley Earl.
    i don't know that they'd replace a shit storm with an even bigger shit storm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post

You forgot the little winky face or the smiley face, didn't you? Replace one shit storm with another - no, no, this team would never do that....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RooneyRPB View Post
    Just throwing it out there....why is the BBC reporting that the paperwork was not there?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ic/9322943.stm

Whats more plausable?

His agent told a white lie to get his client in there, or there is a giant conspiracy by TFC, MLS and Celtic to discredit Dero?
    Exactly, this is my point. DeRo's agent is the primary culprit in this fiasco and has devalued his client dramatically in the process...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The GM news in an interesting development, starting to assume it would be Earl C. We get all these news, leaks, and spec. about De RO going back a week now (or maybe more in terms of the original rumour), but nothing on the GM front with like a hour to go? Crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    When was the last time you saw one of these agreements even when there was a dispute?
    Okay. Why didn't Celtic say they had a written agreement in place allowing DeRo to train?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not having read all 31 pages of this thread so please don't flame me if this has been raised. When DeRo entered Britain, did he not have to have paperwork to show the UK Border Agency that he was there on a trial for Celtic and wouldn't he have to have received that from Parkhead itself? I know he's likely not getting paid by Celtic while on trial but something really smells fishy and I'm not sure this is on TFC/MLSE. Or did DeRo lie and say he was just there on holidays?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JamboAl View Post
    Not having read all 31 pages of this thread so please don't flame me if this has been raised. When DeRo entered Britain, did he not have to have paperwork to show the UK Border Agency that he was there on a trial for Celtic and wouldn't he have to have received that from Parkhead itself? I know he's likely not getting paid by Celtic while on trial but something really smells fishy and I'm not sure this is on TFC/MLSE. Or did DeRo lie and say he was just there on holidays?
    I will go with he lied.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    They're emphasizing the entertainment in MLSE this year. It's their newest business model.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo was a top trending twitter topic in Canada yesterday. Maybe this was their goal all along?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^

It's better than a Mexican soap opera.

¡Vamos Celta!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by El Juan View Post
    ^^

Pfft....I would prefer:

"Sin Senos No Hay Paraiso"

"Without Breasts there is no Paradise"

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    The GM news in an interesting development, starting to assume it would be Earl C. We get all these news, leaks, and spec. about De RO going back a week now (or maybe more in terms of the original rumour), but nothing on the GM front with like a hour to go? Crazy.
    well it's apparently not an official announcemnt, just csn saying they have the info on who it is.

so i guess tfc decided not to wait until everything was in place for a grand unveiling, need the info leaked now.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, no one laugh, but I watched both those soap operas everytime I would visit my grandma. She loves that shit, and I would watch it with her ....

So yes, those girls are smokin' ...

BACK TO TOPIC!! MY BAD!!
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^

At least in a Mexican soap opera there are hot latino women. This is just another black eye on the organization except this time TFC did nothing to deserve it...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    At least in a Mexican soap opera there are hot latino women. This is just another black eye on the organization except this time TFC did nothing to deserve it...
    I can argue that MLSE brings this upon itself for being so disorganized, but I digress.
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meow those ladies are yummy!!!! dress up in red, don't care if we ever make the playoffs!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^

The wonders of Photoshop ..... hmm, there's a project for me!!
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can argue that MLSE brings this upon itself for being so disorganized, but I digress.
    Yes, and in the past you would be correct but not this time...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Actually, in the book, United We Fall, former Leeds Chairman Peter Ridsdale takes great lengths to describe the way in which agents manipulate situations, including misrepresentation of facts, in order to secure commissions (and of course the contract for their client).

I don't think that the idea that Celtic was told that they had permission and paperwork would follow (considering we are over Christmas) is that far fetched based on what Ridsdale highlighted in his book.

Clearly, in the mlssoccer article, a league source is indicating that is what DeRo and agent represented to Celtic.
    Anything is possible.

This is a plausible scenario as it relates to dealings between MLS and Celtic on this. Could it be there was a confirmatory phone call between the two, paper to follow?....maybe.

This is far fetched as it relates to dealings between Dero (or his agent) and Celtic.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just throwing this out there -

nobody's said anything about DeRo's smarts WHILE he was/is here as captain/etc...

Is it just me, or does DeRo sound like he's pretty stupid whenever he talks?
    to me he doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed... in fact, I'd go as far to argue that most hockey goons sound more intelligent when being interviewed than DeRo does.

This isn't me venting hate/frustration due to recent news - I've usually cringed at DeRo interviews ever since we got him... I'm one to hold the view that our Captain should be really well spoken (the face of franchise afterall)

Taking this into context - maybe his agent is just as clueless in thinking the transfer rules w/ mls are lax???

Two unbright individuals working together - nobody there to discredit erroneous info/beliefs

When your a wanna-be-baller (which is what i'd classify DeRo - and $ is all you see - you never really see the big picture - hence need someone to ground you
    Last edited by poppamidnight; 12-29-2010 at 02:23 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poppamidnight View Post
    to me he doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed
    already proven this in the past by signing a 4 year contract that he wasn't happy with

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Professional players in general sound that way to me. All of them constantly use clichés and repetitive statements that are used over and over. You know, the "12th man", "leave it all on the pitch", "battled back" type of terms.

I felt the same way you do when Jimmy was our captain. The only difference I saw (and part of the reason why we love him) was when Danny spoke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    ^ Professional players in general sound that way to me. All of them constantly use clichés and repetitive statements that are used over and over. You know, the "12th man", "leave it all on the pitch", "battled back" type of terms.

I felt the same way you do when Jimmy was our captain. The only difference I saw (and part of the reason why we love him) was when Danny spoke.
    IMO - Jimmy was way better spoken....
    Jimmy used the cliches to avoid conflict on touchy issues (this organization was still a circus when he was here)

Dwayne comes off as more uneducated/from the street - trying to act up his intelligence
    He uses seems like he's using the cliches cuz he doesn't know what to say/whats going on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck if I was De Ro and I had an opportunity to try out for Celtic I would take it, over playing for a directionless organizations. Celtics is one of the great clubs of the world, that are always playing important games. I would not blame him. I would not be bitter at him. This points to more problems with the club, not with De Ro.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Okay, no one laugh, but I watched both those soap operas everytime I would visit my grandma. She loves that shit, and I would watch it with her ....
    I uh, never watched softcore with my grandma and you really shouldn't be disclosing that...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poppamidnight View Post
    IMO - Jimmy was way better spoken....
    Jimmy used the cliches to avoid conflict on touchy issues (this organization was still a circus when he was here)

Dwayne comes off as more uneducated/from the street - trying to act up his intelligence
    He uses seems like he's using the cliches cuz he doesn't know what to say/whats going on

in the end though.... they are athletes. They are paid to perform sports, not be masters of public speaking. Sure it's a bonus when you get one who's good on the field and on the camera, but it's not the point.

In sports, you can't judge people on their grammar and language. Judge them on their stats.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    in the end though.... they are athletes. They are paid to perform sports, not be masters of public speaking. Sure it's a bonus when you get one who's good on the field and on the camera, but it's not the point.

In sports, you can't judge people on their grammar and language. Judge them on their stats.
    i was just about to say, haven't you ever seen an NHL game?