Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roogsy, if that isn't proof enough that you're trying too hard...

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    And if the "delay" doesn't tell you how much TFC is also playing games themselves, I don't know what would. You'd think 2 days later the "routine" paperwork would be done.
    When the paperwork conceivably involves financials and one camp is facing a potential tampering charge while the other has leverage, I'm not sure why anyone thinks this would be routine.

Maybe DeRo's agent thinks it is routine but then again, he thinks he is just there overseeing DeRo trying to stay in shape. Buy him a Bow-Flex for chrissake.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Crafty - you've both complimented and frustrated Roogsy in one sentence.

- Scott

Sorry mates...from time to time I do have to step away. Dinner with clients tonight. And don't expect much from me tomorrow, I am off to NY. So for the funny guys that take my "silence" as a message, believe me it's not.

Ok so I check in tonight (damn I am addicted to this place) and see there is nothing much new. Hopefully we'll get more news on New Year's Eve. If not, hopefully more concrete facts once DeRo is back and yes, something from the man himself I hope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry mates...from time to time I do have to step away. Dinner with clients tonight. And don't expect much from me tomorrow, I am off to NY. So for the funny guys that take my "silence" as a message, believe me it's not.

Ok so I check in tonight (damn I am addicted to this place) and see there is nothing much new. Hopefully we'll get more news on New Year's Eve. If not, hopefully more concrete facts once DeRo is back and yes, something from the man himself I hope.
    Hey you earned your time off this week, I just hope Dero gives vacation pay.

(Kidding obviously. Have a good New Years. You'll be defended in your absence. Dero on the other hand.... uh. Well have a good trip)

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    (Kidding obviously. Have a good New Years. You'll be defended in your absence. Dero on the other hand.... uh. Well have a good trip)
    I think this is the picture in DeRo's Agent's office:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Sky Sports News

Celtic in clear over trialist
    Bhoys will not be punished by Toronto over De Rosario

Last updated: 29th December 2010**

De Rosario: Under contract with Toronto FC

SKY SPORTS ON SKY

There's more live football on Sky Sports than ever before, including the Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Clydesdale Bank Premier League, England away Euro 2012 qualifiers and La Liga. With four live Sky Sports channels, as well as Sky Sports News, you'll never miss a moment on Sky. Click here for more.
    Related links
    Teams
    Celtic
    Players
    Dwayne De Rosario
    Also see
    SPL fixtures
    SPL table
    SPL stats
    MLS side Toronto FC will help Celtic secure Dwayne De Rosario rather than look to punish them for having their player on trial.

Bhoys boss Neil Lennon recently confirmed the club were looking at the 32-year-old Canada international with a view to securing his services.

It later emerged that De Rosario had two years left on his contract with Toronto FC and had not been given permission to travel.

However, the Canadian side are now of the understanding that Celtic believed all the necessary paperwork was in place and that they hold no grudge against the team.

"We talked with Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell and he indicated that Celtic had been told by both the player and his agent that they had permission," a league official told mlssoccer.

"When we are told that by a club like Celtic we are inclined to not move towards a legal action and instead work with them to secure the proper paperwork."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    From Sky Sports News

MLS side Toronto FC will help Celtic secure Dwayne De Rosario rather than look to punish them for having their player on trial.

Bhoys boss Neil Lennon recently confirmed the club were looking at the 32-year-old Canada international with a view to securing his services.

It later emerged that De Rosario had two years left on his contract with Toronto FC and had not been given permission to travel.

However, the Canadian side are now of the understanding that Celtic believed all the necessary paperwork was in place and that they hold no grudge against the team.

"We talked with Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell and he indicated that Celtic had been told by both the player and his agent that they had permission," a league official told mlssoccer.

"When we are told that by a club like Celtic we are inclined to not move towards a legal action and instead work with them to secure the proper paperwork."

No games really, this is pretty clear.

TRIAL, not training and dishonesty on the part of DeRo. Not a word from the man or his agent. However to his credit it looks like he got what he wanted.

He should pray that his TRIAL goes well. Freddy has already inked a deal.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both sides are playing the "silent" game big guy. Much like how I am demanding TFC come clean, you are demanding the same of DeRo. DeRo is not the only one here with the missing pieces. The truth is that BOTH sides need to come clean, not just one side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both sides are playing the "silent" game big guy. Much like how I am demanding TFC come clean, you are demanding the same of DeRo. DeRo is not the only one here with the missing pieces. The truth is that BOTH sides need to come clean, not just one side.
    Not sure why you are saying both sides are staying silent. TFC have issued at least 3 statements since this began where Dero has not muttered a word.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC has official statements of their position of this on their web site. How is that being silent?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    TFC has official statements of their position of this on their web site. How is that being silent?

Statements without providing information. Making noise doesn't actually make anyone more informed. The same could be said about DeRo's "tweet". Technically he wasn't "silent".

Coming clean means laying all the info out on the table. Neither side has done that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Statements without providing information. Making noise doesn't actually make anyone more informed. The same could be said about DeRo's "tweet". Technically he wasn't "silent".

Coming clean means laying all the info out on the table. Neither side has done that.
    you are splitting hairs dude.

Where is the substantive statement from Dwayne explaining why he is there, what he wants and why have there been apparent inconsistencies with the paperwork?

Does he want to remain with TFC?

Is this in his opinion a trial or just a training opportunity?

Does he intend to come back?

Whether you agree with what either Celtic or TFC is saying or "not" saying in one thing and I will give you benefit of the doubt for your beliefs. But at least they are saying something.

DeRo becomes more of a disgrace by the minute.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quoting you

"Both sides are playing the "silent" game big guy."

I asked how TFC are playing the silent game when they have issued official statements on their position? Are you saying those official statements don't count?

So DeRo's tweet his his official statement? OK. I'll note that ... "Don't believe the hype"

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    So DeRo's tweet his his official statement? OK. I'll note that ... "Don't believe the hype"
    He did say "exciting week of futbol coming up..." a week ago. TFC should have known EXACTLY what he was planning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before you say his brother and agent have spoken Roogsy...why hasn't DeRo?

He could have really helped himself out with the supporters if he had

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    Before you say his brother and agent have spoken Roogsy...why hasn't DeRo?

He could have really helped himself out with the supporters if he had
    And here I thought he was in another country training with a team. Ironic that now we're demanding he speak up when usually people are asking him to clam up.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And here I thought he was in another country training with a team. Ironic that now we're demanding he speak up when usually people are asking him to clam up.
    we ask him to clam up when he scores a single in a 2-1 game and instead of running the ball back like the champ he poses as he gets his fucking cock out, not when he's running around with another fucking crest on his shirt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    we ask him to clam up when he scores a single in a 2-1 game and instead of running the ball back like the champ he poses as he gets his fucking cock out, not when he's running around with another fucking crest on his shirt
    Harsh, but a big friggin +1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He had time to deny he said that shit about his old neighbourhood he could have thrown in a line about not taking off on his team.
    Last edited by Pigfynn; 12-30-2010 at 06:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    He had time to deny he said that shit about his old neighbourhood he could have thrown in a line about not taking off on his team.
    This.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roogsy, I can't believe you're still at this. Wow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cereal View Post
    Roogsy, I can't believe you're still at this. Wow.
    LOL Come on we have to love Roogsy for this! I told him that he should have been a lawyer...

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    LOL Come on we have to love Roogsy for this! I told him that he should have been a lawyer...
    Sometimes the client is just guilty...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Good lawyers know when to just cut a deal with the prosecutor.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An official statement from TFC FO doesn't mean anything! Dero is too busy jumping over pool tables to account for his activities! Lennon going on about taking a look at Dero and what he can offer Celtic meant he was taking them all out for dinner for letting him use their weight room!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far in this whole mess the only "side" that looks at all professional is Celtic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I no longer believe Roogsy is related or friends with DeRo. At this stage, I'm convinced he is DeRo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    I no longer believe Roogsy is related or friends with DeRo. At this stage, I'm convinced he is DeRo.
    If Dero could argue that eloquently or think that logically we wouldn't be talking about this right now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    If Dero could argue that eloquently or think that logically we wouldn't be talking about this right now
    Crafty - you've both complimented and frustrated Roogsy in one sentence.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roogsy, did you grow up in South Central LA as well?