Page 26 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, no one laugh, but I watched both those soap operas everytime I would visit my grandma. She loves that shit, and I would watch it with her ....

So yes, those girls are smokin' ...

BACK TO TOPIC!! MY BAD!!
    ĄVamos Celta!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by El Juan View Post
    Okay, no one laugh, but I watched both those soap operas everytime I would visit my grandma. She loves that shit, and I would watch it with her ....
    I uh, never watched softcore with my grandma and you really shouldn't be disclosing that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meow those ladies are yummy!!!! dress up in red, don't care if we ever make the playoffs!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^

The wonders of Photoshop ..... hmm, there's a project for me!!
    ĄVamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just throwing this out there -

nobody's said anything about DeRo's smarts WHILE he was/is here as captain/etc...

Is it just me, or does DeRo sound like he's pretty stupid whenever he talks?
    to me he doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed... in fact, I'd go as far to argue that most hockey goons sound more intelligent when being interviewed than DeRo does.

This isn't me venting hate/frustration due to recent news - I've usually cringed at DeRo interviews ever since we got him... I'm one to hold the view that our Captain should be really well spoken (the face of franchise afterall)

Taking this into context - maybe his agent is just as clueless in thinking the transfer rules w/ mls are lax???

Two unbright individuals working together - nobody there to discredit erroneous info/beliefs

When your a wanna-be-baller (which is what i'd classify DeRo - and $ is all you see - you never really see the big picture - hence need someone to ground you
    Last edited by poppamidnight; 12-29-2010 at 02:23 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poppamidnight View Post
    to me he doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed
    already proven this in the past by signing a 4 year contract that he wasn't happy with

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    already proven this in the past by signing a 4 year contract that he wasn't happy with
    He said soon after it was signed that he firmly believed he could prove himself in the first year and have it ripped up and renegotiated for higher. Having that kind of faith when dealing with corporations is kinda foolish.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Professional players in general sound that way to me. All of them constantly use clichés and repetitive statements that are used over and over. You know, the "12th man", "leave it all on the pitch", "battled back" type of terms.

I felt the same way you do when Jimmy was our captain. The only difference I saw (and part of the reason why we love him) was when Danny spoke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    ^ Professional players in general sound that way to me. All of them constantly use clichés and repetitive statements that are used over and over. You know, the "12th man", "leave it all on the pitch", "battled back" type of terms.

I felt the same way you do when Jimmy was our captain. The only difference I saw (and part of the reason why we love him) was when Danny spoke.
    IMO - Jimmy was way better spoken....
    Jimmy used the cliches to avoid conflict on touchy issues (this organization was still a circus when he was here)

Dwayne comes off as more uneducated/from the street - trying to act up his intelligence
    He uses seems like he's using the cliches cuz he doesn't know what to say/whats going on

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poppamidnight View Post
    IMO - Jimmy was way better spoken....
    Jimmy used the cliches to avoid conflict on touchy issues (this organization was still a circus when he was here)

Dwayne comes off as more uneducated/from the street - trying to act up his intelligence
    He uses seems like he's using the cliches cuz he doesn't know what to say/whats going on

in the end though.... they are athletes. They are paid to perform sports, not be masters of public speaking. Sure it's a bonus when you get one who's good on the field and on the camera, but it's not the point.

In sports, you can't judge people on their grammar and language. Judge them on their stats.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    in the end though.... they are athletes. They are paid to perform sports, not be masters of public speaking. Sure it's a bonus when you get one who's good on the field and on the camera, but it's not the point.

In sports, you can't judge people on their grammar and language. Judge them on their stats.
    i was just about to say, haven't you ever seen an NHL game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck if I was De Ro and I had an opportunity to try out for Celtic I would take it, over playing for a directionless organizations. Celtics is one of the great clubs of the world, that are always playing important games. I would not blame him. I would not be bitter at him. This points to more problems with the club, not with De Ro.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am out! Somebody tweet me with new news...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't it about time for another Dero stay/go poll?

Would be interesting to see if more than one person wants him to stay at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    Isn't it about time for another Dero stay/go poll?

Would be interesting to see if more than one person wants him to stay at this point.

Well, count me in for the Dero to stay poll option. Personally, if I knew that Dero wasn't going to be here by the start of next season I swear to you I don't renew my season tickets. I have absolutely no confidence that TFC is going to sign anything other then deadbeat strikers and midfielders to try and replace Dero. They will not find another Dero again, atleast not for this year. I shoudn't even say again, because it was Dero that found TFC, TFC never found Dero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would take him back also. dero is a quality player for tfc, i too have no faith that they would find a suitable replacement. he would not be captain though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Well, count me in for the Dero to stay poll option. Personally, if I knew that Dero wasn't going to be here by the start of next season I swear to you I don't renew my season tickets. I have absolutely no confidence that TFC is going to sign anything other then deadbeat strikers and midfielders to try and replace Dero. They will not find another Dero again, atleast not for this year. I shoudn't even say again, because it was Dero that found TFC, TFC never found Dero.
    I can honestly say that:

1. I become a season ticket holder without the promise of any player and renewed year after year without such promises.

2. I was much happier without the drama that DeRo has created in his stay here... from the Wheeler interview, to the cheque writting celebration, to this.

I have more pride and dignity for myself and this club than to sell out to a selffish player who doesn't give two shits about his team... in fact if DeRo does return after this bullshit I may indeed reconsider and sell my tickets... I can't fathom cheering for this man (with low values and morals) who stands for all the things that I do not want my children to be...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    I can honestly say that:

1. I become a season ticket holder without the promise of any player and renewed year after year without such promises.

2. I was much happier without the drama that DeRo has created in his stay here... from the Wheeler interview, to the cheque writting celebration, to this.

I have more pride and dignity for myself and this club than to sell out to a selffish player who doesn't give two shits about his team... in fact if DeRo does return after this bullshit I may indeed reconsider and sell my tickets... I can't fathom cheering for this man (with low values and morals) who stands for all the things that I do not want my children to be...
    This sums it up perfectly. Well done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    I can honestly say that:

Let me explain the post that you quoted for a second. When I say that I wouldn't have renewed my season's tickets if I knew Dero wasn't going to be on the team I mean that...here's why:

I was literally at my last straw with the pathetic organization that runs this club and for a period of time I was not renewing for all the same reasons everyone else contemplated it as well. Reasons that would take me forever to go through.

Having said that, I always believed that as long as we had one of the best players in the MLS, there's always the chance that he could lead us to a playoffs spot, which is really all I'm looking for at this patethic point. Now, in hindsight, if I had known that this season wasn't just about replacing the deadweight, the coach and the GM (as if that's not enough). Now add to that replacing your star player and I don't think I would've renewed. Say what you will about his character, his consistent production is something pretty difficult to come by.

Personally I was hoping De Guzman was the one leaving in the offseason and that Dero was staying. We'd be instantly so much better. Instead the reverse has happened, and I'm stuck watching our supposive star player that remains give the ball away to the other team and jump into the stands when a player winds up to shoot. Still curious why it's Dero that gets the attention from Europe when so many people around here claim DeGuzman could walk into a top league in Europe.

Now, having said all that, that's I would've felt if this had transpired months ago. Now, with the Dero shannanigans I am starting to think we are better off with a fresh start. Not because I think Dero is a terrible person (I'm glad he's done what he's done and I'll continue to support him either way) but because him and the club obviously don't see eye to eye at this point. There's obviously a terrible relationship there and I don't think it can be fixed at this point.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A poll would accomplish nothing. It's obvious that opinion is divided with few on the fence.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like how your byline is a single name.

You're like Cher or Prince.

By the way you misspelled "Wondolowski". Just FYI.

But I liked the article.

It has been a disappointment to me too. I have feelings very similar to yours. This could have been something special. The "what could have beens" are what make me the most sad.
    Last edited by Roogsy; 12-29-2010 at 10:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like how your byline is a single name.

You're like Cher or Prince.
    LOL it's because CSN and the Voyageurs have a shared user database, and my login at the V's has been simply my first name since 1997.

On my little section of the site (Euro File) my full name and bio are there. I just posted this piece in the 24th Minute as it's TFC-related.

By the way you misspelled "Wondolowski". Just FYI.
    Ack, nice catch. Fixed now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are some serious accusations Flush. Low morals? Tiger Woods has low morals. DeRo has low morals?

And I find it ironic that we've all dedicated ourselves to cheering for this team and therefore the organization behind the team that I personally would consider more suitable to the tags of having "low value and morals" but a player who watches out for himself is worse?

Seems hypocritical.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are some serious accusations Flush. Low morals? Tiger Woods has low morals. DeRo has low morals?

And I find it ironic that we've all dedicated ourselves to cheering for this team and therefore the organization behind the team that I personally would consider more suitable to the tags of having "low value and morals" but a player who watches out for himself is worse?

Seems hypocritical.
    I don't follow golf and I don't like Tiger Woods...

Now, a player is part of a team in this game... God knows how people in that locker room feel about DeRo's aquisations that he is under paid compared to his peers... For kicks... tomorrow I'm going to ask my peers how much they make a put a stink about it because I think I do more, know more and should get paid more than them. Watching out for yourself is one thing... but the route you take towards it is another. <- and that is not hypocritical.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I am not buying it. You and I have BOTH made career changes behind the backs of our employers. Interviewed while still employed elsewhere. You have a problem with a player trialing with another team because he's betrayed the badge? I hate to ruin your romanticized version of sports teams but these days, there is no loyalty, there is no honour. Not from teams, not from players. Not from Jack Warner at CONCACAF not from Sepp Blatter at FIFA. Everyone is watching out for #1.

The irony in all this? There is a thread on this board asking who should be the next captain. The hilarious part is that I am aware that several on that list that are touted to be "captains" also have agents that are actively trying to get them trials, loans or transfers to other teams.

Welcome to reality. It's a bitch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I am not buying it. You and I have BOTH made career changes behind the backs of our employers. Interviewed while still employed elsewhere. You have a problem with a player trialing with another team because he's betrayed the badge? I hate to ruin your romanticized version of sports teams but these days, there is no loyalty, there is no honour. Not from teams, not from players. Not from Jack Warner at CONCACAF not from Sepp Blatter at FIFA. Everyone is watching out for #1.
    Actually incorrect, I never solicited a career move they came knocking on me (but please keep privacy and confidentiality in the pitcure here).

I am going to say once again: It is good to look out for yourself/ That is one thing... but the route you take towards it is another.

You can tell me all you want about how sports is nowadays, that there is no loyalty or honour anymore... but you know what... I am still going to teach my children that... and that is to me what counts. Best of Luck to Dero FC.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I am not buying it. You and I have BOTH made career changes behind the backs of our employers. Interviewed while still employed elsewhere. You have a problem with a player trialing with another team because he's betrayed the badge? I hate to ruin your romanticized version of sports teams but these days, there is no loyalty, there is no honour.
    what he said.
    larry bird said it the best (about lebron james). something along the lines of:

"if you wanted to win a trophy, you did it with your own team. you didn't join up with a group of superstars. you stayed with your team tried to be the top guy on the top team. it was michael jordan's chicago bulls vs. karl malone's utah jazz. or hakeem olajuwon's rockets. you stayed with your team for 10+ years. it's not like that anymore."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    what he said.
    larry bird said it the best (about lebron james). something along the lines of:

"if you wanted to win a trophy, you did it with your own team. you didn't join up with a group of superstars. you stayed with your team tried to be the top guy on the top team. it was michael jordan's chicago bulls vs. karl malone's utah jazz. or hakeem olajuwon's rockets. you stayed with your team for 10+ years. it's not like that anymore."
    Easy for Larry Bird to get all high and mighty when he played on a team that had 6 future Hall of Famers.

Good for him that he won the luck lottery in the days of playing your whole career with 1 team and actually ended up on a stacked team.

I wonder if he'd say the same thing if he was the only star player on Boston all through the 80's and LA won 10 titles in a row and he retired as a player who had the stigma of "never won a championship"

The old school pro's who played on stacked teams and then bitch about the modern athlete are mega hypocrites.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blowing Bubbles View Post
    Easy for Larry Bird to get all high and mighty when he played on a team that had 6 future Hall of Famers.

Good for him that he won the luck lottery in the days of playing your whole career with 1 team and actually ended up on a stacked team.

I wonder if he'd say the same thing if he was the only star player on Boston all through the 80's and LA won 10 titles in a row and he retired as a player who had the stigma of "never won a championship"

The old school pro's who played on stacked teams and then bitch about the modern athlete are mega hypocrites.
    that's right, it's easy to attack the speaker and not the point. when you consider him being on a "winning" team, consider the fact that he only won 3 titles in his 23 years with the team. what he meant by that was that you can associate specific players with specific teams from that era, they all just happened to be the faces of the franchise.

Hakeem Olajuwon: played for houston for 17 years (1 in toronto)
    Patrick Ewing: played for new york for 15 (never won a title)
    Karl Malone: played for utah for 18 years (never won a title)

Former NBA players criticized his decision to not stay with Cleveland and continuing to try to win a championship as "the guy".[120] Michael JordanMagic Johnson and Larry Bird to play on one team together, as "I wanted to defeat those guys." Jordan added that "...things are different [now]. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today."[121] Johnson echoed Jordan's sentiments on teaming with rivals.[122] stated that he would not have contacted his rivals from other teams like

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My problem is not with Dero doing this. It's with the in-season stuff. That was terrible, and tainted my view of him forever.

You mark my words, he will regret doing the Wheeler interview and the cheque signing thing for most of the rest of his life.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff