Page 25 of 87 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    TFC is in the wrong here because there is an unwritten rule in sport that you always let a player or coach take a shot at playing at a higher level. Instead they have been petty and have tried to block De Rosario from improving his situation.

It reminds me of when the LA Dodgers didn't allow the Blue Jays to interview their AAA manager for the Jays manager job. It was considered by many to be a dick move on the part of LA.

What surprises me is how many people are taking the side of the TFC FO. How do people not see this another black eye on the way things are run at TFC?
    You actually believe the SPL is a higher level?! Really?!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post

But you clearly want to deny the fact that DeRo's claim they had permission was not true. Why?
    Because I'm not buying the story. I don't believe the official version as it stands. It defies credibility.

I believe it's more than likely that Celtic had permission to put Dero on the field in a trial. They don't just take the word of a player or agent. They get paperwork.

Against that, you have to decide whether it's plausible that there was a screwup amongst MLS, TFC and Cochrane as to exactly where this was. I happen to believe that's far more likely.

In any scenario, Cochrane's strong denial of the story was stupid and naive.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He needs to be lynched at this point Earl is taking flak for shit that is his not his fault. Again I want to state as a club the infromation they pass on is info that is requried to be given no more and no less...

When Earl stated he is not going on trial with Celtic or any other club he had no permission so why would it matter if his agent came to him a month before saying he might be trialing with "x team". we don't need to know the inner working of the clubs dealing with players.

Second statement came out and he said yeah Dero's agent said he wanted to train/trial with a club. Ok get me the paper work. No paper work came. So back to statemnet one he is still right no lying went on there.

So I still don't know where he lied about anything. Everyone wants to blame MLSE/TFC FO for this as that is cool thing to do as per usual around here. (This is not a shot Cretan) just a general comment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Because I'm not buying the story. I don't believe the official version as it stands. It defies credibility.

I believe it's more than likely that Celtic had permission to put Dero on the field in a trial. They don't just take the word of a player or agent. They get paperwork.

Against that, you have to decide whether it's plausible that there was a screwup amongst MLS, TFC and Cochrane as to exactly where this was. I happen to believe that's far more likely.

Two comments on the bolded section of your comment:

1. It defies credibility because TFC is the only team that has ever fucked up? Dero and his agent tried to pull a fast one and got caught. But because MO was here before everyone must be like him? Come on now, read what Earl said look at the time line it is all there. It makes complete sense. Oh yeah that is something that doesn't happen on this board much.

2. Why did Celtic pull him from training/trial what ever the fuck he is doing in Scotland? Cause they didn't have the paper work.

You want to beleive what you want I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    To their knowledge Dero had no permission to trial/train with any club so Earl's statemnet is correct. No paper work means no trial/training with ANY club period.

I think it is pretty clear he had no authority to be there outside of his agent telling Celtic it was ok
    This is it in a nutshell. As I mentioned in the other thread, I believe DeRo's agent is the primary culprit and has caused considerable damage to the marketability of his client as a result of this attempt to circumvent FIFA regulations. DeRo is guilty of taking bad advice and his reputation is now at it's lowest point of his career despite coming off a career season. If I were DeRo I would issue a public apology to the supporters, TFC, and MLS citing a misunderstanding and find a new agent...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because Creten was unsure if it was truly the case that the MLS & TFC had not given permission to DeRo to train. No paperwork was in place..

I used the link so he can reference the information that has been posted on the MLS site

But you clearly want to deny the fact that DeRo's claim they had permission was not true. Why?
    By Earl's own words they did say that they would give him permission on the condition of some 'official' paperwork being done (totally reasonable). He's also said that he hasn't recieved anything 'official' from DeRo or his agent, which isn't at all the same as saying that he hasn't recieved anything at all. Pure speculation on my part, but what if Earl recieved something that was unofficial like an e-mail that read "Hey, remember when you said you'd let Dwayne trial with another club? Well, he's on a plane to Scotland now. How do we go about getting the paper work sorted out?".

Something must have transpired to make DeRo/Celtic believe that it was OK - even if the official paperwork hadn't been filed. I can't imagine DeRo would start off his relationship with his hopefull new employer by lying to them, or thinking that the story wouldn't go public. I can't imagine Celtic would have their reputation tarnished by not having at least some assurance - even a verbal OK - that TFC were aware of and approved of DeRo's trial.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    ^ We've been hearing yarns and half-truths from the club for five years. It's only natural that people are suspicious over their official line.

^ We've been hearing yarns and half-truths from the club for five years. It's only natural that people are suspicious over their official line.

see that last part?

there have been more than enough examples over the past 4 1/2 years of why we don't put our blind faith in this organization.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

So the fact that even the MLS, who holds DeRo's contract, has also said no agreement was in place you still don't believe it? Then I'm afraid there is no convincing you.

So, MLS is lying, TFC, is lying, Earl is lying, reporters are lying ... building quite the conspiracy theory.

Listen .. I'm no apologist for MLSE/TFC and the shit-show they call running sports entertainment ... but the fact is DeRo did not have permission from MLS/TFC .. that is fact, not my assumption

we will have to agree to disagree because someone's assumption and plausible scenarios can't be debated .. so this will be my last response to you on this ... cool?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parkdale - look who was running the club at the time. I would completely agree, but Mo is gone. You have to give the people in charge the benefit of the doubt before you hang them. It is not his fault that Mo was there before.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCin110 View Post
    Rarely do I agree with you....but I do on this point.

I'm used to people not agreeing with me (or with anyone on this board) but I think that the underlying issue is very clear - our management isn't doing things correctly, and if they were, this wouldn't be the blowup issue that it has become.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, MLS is lying, TFC, is lying, Earl is lying, reporters are lying ...
    Yeah, MLS and TFC have lied about this, to us and the journalists. They have their reasons. It happens. That's life.

We'll see. Peace.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW DO YOU GET UPSET OVER SOMEONE TRAINING DURING THE OFFSEASON?????

Because we like starting every season with half roster, out of shape would be even better.

We like to show the world that no matter how petty and self-centered our prima donna players can be, our management can match them, petty move for petty move. This will really help with recruiting new players to come here instead of to any other team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listen .. I'm no apologist for MLSE/TFC and the shit-show they call running sports entertainment ... but the fact is DeRo did not have permission from MLS/TFC .. that is fact, not my assumption
    Where is the supporting paperwork to prove it is a fact?

An article in a 2-bit shady newspaper is not supporting paperwork and will not hold up in court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    I'm used to people not agreeing with me (or with anyone on this board) but I think that the underlying issue is very clear - our management isn't doing things correctly, and if they were, this wouldn't be the blowup issue that it has become.

Parky, you are wrong on this one. TFC did nothing wrong period. This is all Dero's doing period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long story short: DeRo wanted more money to continue scoring goals for Toronto FC. Both parties could not negotiate a new deal. DeRo then went to look elsewhere to play. Toronto FC, knowing full well than DeRo was on his way out, didn't make the announcement of his trip to Scotland in time before the papers across the pond reported it.
    ^ this.

it's hard to shoot yourself in the foot when your foot's already in your mouth, which is what earl did. the first press release issued made it seem like dero just got on a plane and left. no one knew anything, no one had heard anything. it's since been edited but they left in the ambiguous part that's open to interpretation, and i quote:

"We were unaware of Dwayne's plan to train with Celtic and we will contact them to understand the situation."

which was then tacked on with:
    "I was contacted a little more than a month ago by Dwayne (De Rosario) and his representative - asking if we would entertain a loan or training stint."

right off the bat, they've spun it to look as though they had no knowledge of this and that it's just dero being an asshole. that shows you how MLSE are choosing to approach this matter, and how easy it is to fly off the handle being a TFC fan when you're not getting the full story (most of the earlier posts were akin to "he's gone rogue!"). consider that when the original story first broke from the office of TFC management who stated that THEY KNEW he was leaving, they published that he'd left without any inkling of letting them know ahead of time. they've done a 180 on that since then, but you can tell what kind of approach MLSE is taking on this.

if it's just a training stint. then who gives a shit? i mean, i know they would've broken a bunch of rules without notifying the club of a training stint, but still.. what's the issue? if it's a loan, then we get into muddier waters, i'll reserve judgment until i hear the whole story. either way, they could've played it like pooks was suggesting and send him off with fanfare, instead everything got ballsed up, just how we're used to. he's not being paid what he should (we'll save the "he signed the contract, he knew!" talk for another thread), and we know that he's not being paid on par. if this is a loan deal, then he's forcing MLSE to play their hand. give him a better deal, or let him walk.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post

An article in a 2-bit shady newspaper is not supporting paperwork and will not hold up in court.

I'm referring to the post on the MLS site .. I'm pretty sure the MLS would clear this before it was posted to their site.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ing-de-rosario

so, not sure what 2-bit shady newspaper I quoted in any earlier post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parkdale - look who was running the club at the time. I would completely agree, but Mo is gone. You have to give the people in charge the benefit of the doubt before you hang them. It is not his fault that Mo was there before.
    Mo had never been in senior management before, he was trained in Toronto by the same guys who are training our current management. This is the "corporate culture" here, it doesn't change because one inexperienced middle-manager is gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post

Then why did Celtic pull him from the squad??? TFC/MLS both state he didn't have permission, but they must be lying. Why cause that is what they do.

So you rather believe some self centered athlete who hasn't said a word, his brother who is not an sports agent over the club and the head office of the league.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rookies. That's who's running the club right now.

Rookies with an experienced consultant.

Peddie us a lightning rod for Leaf and Raptors fans because, by his own admission, he is also accountable for gaffes that affected play on the ice and the hardwood.

“I wished I’d hired the two Brians earlier,” he said of Leafs’ GM Brian Burke and Raps’ GM Bryan Colangelo. “They represent experienced winners and I hired rookies at the GM level — and that’s not something you do in Toronto, not with franchises like the Toronto Maple Leafs.”
    would this entire situation have been handled better if we had a proven leadership team (or person) in place? I'm thinking yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has turned into a debacle for all those concerned. Saying this as a Celtic supporter and TFC supporter/season ticket holder:

The MLS off-season is too long... it would make a lot of sense for Dero to go on loan to Celtic between now and March/April. A deal that would see a couple of Celtic youth/injury rehab players to come to TFC in APril for the summer would make a ton of sense also. With decent management this should be seen as a good opportunity.

The problem is, and I expect that this is the root of issue, is that TFC doesn't have a manager &/or a GM. They said they hoped to have one before Christmas...where is he?
    Either Dero is fed up...or knows who the new manager is already and doesn't figure into the plan. I wouldn't be surprised if he was told that he could go on loan/trial once the new man was announced and is now fed-up waiting. It was a disaster last year starting the season with a short squad - I've got the feeling that we are going the same way only worse this year. A new manager will be basically signing a whole new squad and making a team out of them in a few weeks.....

Yikes,

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is blown out of proportion. i can understand the hate if we went to train with a rival, but he's training with a shitty ass team in a shitty ass league.

i have no resentment towards him at all (and my whole family are Rangers fans)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Mo had never been in senior management before, he was trained in Toronto by the same guys who are training our current management. This is the "corporate culture" here, it doesn't change because one inexperienced middle-manager is gone.

Ok then why bother following the club cause ownerhsip isn'y going to change anytime soon?

People in general like blaimimng MLSE cause it is easy. They really don't want to blame the hometown boy from Scarborough. Dero has done this before. why leave Houston wining club to come to TFC. $$$ that is why not because he could win titles $$$.

Just like the owner of this club all Dero cares about is $$$$

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bottom line: Dero's people DID NOT have the paperwork ready when he began his 'trial'. He knew it or his people at Dero Entertainment were keeping their prize pig in the dark. Either way he trained without proper insurance in place and without the consent of the MLS (contract holders). As for lies his people (his brother) stated that he had the paper work in place so if they have it then let's see it. If not then GFY and stay in Scotland and play for what will end up as a third place club.

Fuck You Dero. You are a c*nt.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parky, you are wrong on this one. TFC did nothing wrong period. This is all Dero's doing period
    Dero's been a squeaky wheel for a year now.
    TFC stuck their head in the sand and figured it would go away.

and now, it has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm referring to the post on the MLS site .. I'm pretty sure the MLS would clear this before it was posted to their site.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ing-de-rosario

so, not sure what 2-bit shady newspaper I quoted in any earlier post
    Quote Originally Posted by MLSsoccer.com
    TORONTO — MLS and TFC are now working with Celtic to secure the proper paperwork to allow Dwayne De Rosario to train with the Scottish giants.
    However, both the league and the club stress that they were not made aware of the trial prior to De Rosario taking part in a training session yesterday.
    MLSsoccer.com confirmed on Tuesday that the league spoke to Celtic about De Rosario for the first time Tuesday morning.
    “We talked with Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell this morning and he indicated that Celtic had been told by both the player and his agent that they had permission,” a league source said.

Quote Originally Posted by torontofc.ca
    Update: Tuesday, December 28 - 4 p.m. ET, comment from interim director Earl Cochrane:

"I was contacted a little more than a month ago by Dwayne (De Rosario) and his representative - asking if we would entertain a loan or training stint. We said we would but would need assurances and final sign off on it - that an agreement would need to be in place that we were comfortable with."

"Dwayne's agent contacted me and asked if we would let Dwayne train with a club and we said we would, but again would have to have something official in place that would provide us with some assurances that should Dwayne get hurt we would be covered. They understood that completely."

They knew he was going for over a month, like Beach Red said, if its just training, who gives a shit, he was to be fit for camp in turkey next month..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then why did Celtic pull him from the squad??? TFC/MLS both state he didn't have permission, but they must be lying. Why cause that is what they do.

So you rather believe some self centered athlete who hasn't said a word, his brother who is not an sports agent over the club and the head office of the league.
    He was never on the "squad" he was training with the squad... there is a huge difference...

They pulled him off the training grounds because they want the proper paperwork in place to have him trail with the club....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    As for lies his people (his brother) stated that he had the paper work in place so if they have it then let's see it.

I don't think the brother ever said that they had the paper. He said they asked permission, but didn't say anything about the paper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saying you want to do something and actually getting the proper documentation is two completely different things.

Dero's agent was told bring us the paper work and they will deal with it. A month went by and nothing was given to Earl stating he was going and proper paper work was in palce. Hence a dead issue in the eyes of Earl. WTF people am I the only one that sees this ?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not seeing any info that this problem was due to mis-communication or a "dysfunctional relationship" between MLS & TFC, as some have claimed here. In fact, this seems to suggest otherwise: http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottis...-celtic-trial/

There was also confusion on Tuesday over who De Rosario was obliged to inform over his trial with Celtic, with the player's contract centrally controlled by Major League Soccer. However, in a statement to STV, the league confirmed the final decision would have rested solely with Toronto.
    “While players’ contracts are signed with Major League Soccer, all player personnel decisions, including whether or not a player may go on trial or train with another club, are made by the club’s technical staff,” a spokesperson said.
    If someone has more info about a dysfunctional relationship (between MLS & TFC), I would be very interested to hear about it.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 12-29-2010 at 10:09 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy905 View Post
    this is blown out of proportion. i can understand the hate if we went to train with a rival, but he's training with a shitty ass team in a shitty ass league.

i have no resentment towards him at all (and my whole family are Rangers fans)
    rangers and celtic are two big teams in a small league. nothing else.
    anyone that calls the SPL league the "big time" are fucking kidding themselves.