Page 24 of 87 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dosario is selfcenter and don,t care for noboby but himself this I hear for some player .So what did you thing he was going to do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this "new"? Isn't that pretty much word-for-word the same story from yesterday, with a new, more sensationalist headline?
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO this is all complete and utter bullshit pulled by Dero, I am upset that he and his handlers have shown such a lack of class and respect to TFC and us the fans. He signed a contract and he isn't happy now he has forced the hand of the squad. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET DP MONEY and he won't be a red come kick off 2011.

If the deal with (insert MLS team here) is still available I would take it in a heart beat. He can't come back and I am sure the majority of the staff at TFC and the squad doesn't want him back. I hope once he is traded, the Don takes him task about this whole situation as it makes the league look like amatuers .

Fuck him and go where the hell he wants, cause a you'll never get more money then in Toronto, and enjoy being a nobody in some random US city cause here you could have been a god.

I hope fans abuse him like they would any other ex palyer coming back to town, actually no worse cause he turned his back on us by pulling this shit
    Last edited by Section 117; 12-29-2010 at 08:59 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Is this "new"? Isn't that pretty much word-for-word the same story from yesterday, with a new, more sensationalist headline?

nope ... what's new is that Celtic has pulled DeRo from any further training session until proper paperwork is in place ... you know, the same paperwork DeRo, his agent, and his brother all claimed they had which now turns out they didn't

So, Earl was telling the truth. DeRo's camp was not.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    I still don't see how TFC is in the wrong here.
    TFC is in the wrong here because there is an unwritten rule in sport that you always let a player or coach take a shot at playing at a higher level. Instead they have been petty and have tried to block De Rosario from improving his situation.

It reminds me of when the LA Dodgers didn't allow the Blue Jays to interview their AAA manager for the Jays manager job. It was considered by many to be a dick move on the part of LA.

What surprises me is how many people are taking the side of the TFC FO. How do people not see this another black eye on the way things are run at TFC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    The "truth" is now out. DeRo told to stop training at Celtic until written agreement in place. Meaning, official, written permission not given.
    You're right, the truth is out there and once again the club got caught lying.

Monday:
    "Dwayne is not going on trial with Celtic or any other club ... We have not received word from anyone..."

Early Tuesday:
    "We were unaware of Dwayne's plan to train with Celtic..."

Late Tuesday:
    "Dwayne's agent contacted me (about a month ago) and asked if we would let Dwayne train (with) a club and we said we would...."

AGAIN this team has a problem with the truth, why mislead and mince words on day one? Why not come out and say "We spoke about it, we let him know that he needed to do some paperwork, that hasn't been done yet" instead they pretend like they have no idea whats going on and try to protray themselves as an innocent agrieved party. This teams outright lies and attempts at spin get exposed every single time, I though getting rid of Mo meant getting rid of this problem.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    TFC is in the wrong here because there is an unwritten rule in sport that you always let a player or coach take a shot at playing at a higher level. Instead they have been petty and have tried to block De Rosario from improving his situation.

It reminds me of when the LA Dodgers didn't allow the Blue Jays to interview their AAA manager for the Jays manager job. It was considered by many to be a dick move on the part of LA.

What surprises me is how many people are taking the side of the TFC FO. How do people not see this another black eye on the way things are run at TFC?

Because DeRo's agent never followed up with TFC with the assurances and paperwork they requested before he could train. TFC said they were willing to let him train.

Scenario - TFC just say OK, go ahead and train DeRo with no paperwork in place. He gets injured and we lose him for the year. Now we have to pay his salary and get no compensation from the league, Celtic, or insurance company.

Then everyone would be screaming bloody murder about how incompetent our FO is that they did not get assurances before allowing their top player to train with another team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Words cannot describe how insulted and disrespected I feel right now... this man cannot wear our badge anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachGT View Post
    I tend to agree with you Flush. These are not the actions of a leader.
    it breaks my heart to say i agree with you guys, kinda feel like if we take him back its like taking back a gf thats treated you like shit and banged out a bunch of dudes in front of you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AMEN!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    You're right, the truth is out there and once again the club got caught lying.

Monday:
    "Dwayne is not going on trial with Celtic or any other club ... We have not received word from anyone..."

Early Tuesday:
    "We were unaware of Dwayne's plan to train with Celtic..."

Late Tuesday:
    "Dwayne's agent contacted me (about a month ago) and asked if we would let Dwayne train (with) a club and we said we would...."

AGAIN this team has a problem with the truth, why mislead and mince words on day one? Why not come out and say "We spoke about it, we let him know that he needed to do some paperwork, that hasn't been done yet" instead they pretend like they have no idea whats going on and try to protray themselves as an innocent agrieved party. This teams outright lies and attempts at spin get exposed every single time, I though getting rid of Mo meant getting rid of this problem.

Really ... then why have Celtic pulled him from all training sessions until an agreement with TFC and the MLS is sorted out?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    nope ... what's new is that Celtic has pulled DeRo from any further training session until proper paperwork is in place ... you know, the same paperwork DeRo, his agent, and his brother all claimed they had which now turns out they didn't

So, Earl was telling the truth. DeRo's camp was not.
    With respect, it doesn't say or even imply all that. You are jumping to conclusions.

It could just as easily be saying the following: "well, it turns out that even though we had paperwork from MLS, it turns out that the club got upset about it, so now we'll have to pull him until that gets sorted".

In which case some combo of MLS, TFC and Cochrane would be the party or parties in the wrong.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really ... then why have Celtic pulled him from all training sessions until an agreement with TFC and the MLS is sorted out?
    I'm not suggesting that DeRo got the paperwork that he needed (I have no idea one way or the other) I'm pointing out the absolute fact that Earl lied twice before coming clean. By his own words, he initially said that they had "not recieved word from anyone" and that they were "unaware of Dwayne's plan" before finally admitting "Dwayne's agent contacted me (about a month ago)". He claimed that he hadn't heard from anyone, claimed he wasn't aware of DeRo's plan and a day later admitted that they had been contacted a month ago and was made aware of DeRo's plan - and even gave him tacit (although not "official") permission.
    Last edited by CretanBull; 12-29-2010 at 09:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One last thing to all the people who moan and bitch about MLSE/TFC are the one that are at fault in this shut the fuck up this has nothing to do with them. Dero's agent fucked up and now he is blaming everyone but himself about who screwed up.

Dero's agent didn't follow up period end of story. So you want to blame Earl, Tom, the mail guy at TFC you need to check your head.

This constant MLSE basing is absolutely ridiculous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I suspected, Cochrane was forthcoming in his statement. I'm starting to believe that DeRo's agent is the primary culprit in this mess and DeRo himself is merely guilty of taking bad advice...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not suggesting that DeRo got the paperwork that he needed (I have no idea one way or the other) I'm pointing out the absolute fact that Earl lied twice before coming clean.
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ing-de-rosario

He clearly did not according to the MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not suggesting that DeRo got the paperwork that he needed (I have no idea one way or the other) I'm pointing out the absolute fact that Earl lied twice before coming clean.

There is no reason for Earl to tell us anything period. It was a dead point no paper work came to him the point was dead. So I guess you were prefer the Mo management style we are looking for people.... Somethings didn't fall through blah, blah, blah.

Fuck man you blame the club when the only person who fucked up was dero come on man. We expect full disclousure from FO, please inform me what FO in any sport gives full disclosure to their fans?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With respect, it doesn't say or even imply all that. You are jumping to conclusions.

It could just as easily be saying the following: "well, it turns out that even though we had paperwork from MLS, it turns out that the club got upset about it, so now we'll have to pull him until that gets sorted".

In which case some combo of MLS, TFC and Cochrane would be the party or parties in the wrong.

but it does not say that

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's a thought - maybe MLSE and the TFC FO should take a look in the mirror and ask themselves Why? all this trouble is going down. Is DeRo 100% to blame, or maybe..... (like every conflict in the history of conflicts) -- there's two sides to the story.

Now for the record, I'm not siding with DeRo here, I'm just saying that TFC's track record doesn't give me much trust in their ability to NOT fuck the whole thing up.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ing-de-rosario

He clearly did not according to the MLS.
    Why are you posting this?

I can't remember a thread when so many people were rushing to yell that the sky is green.

This is what Cochrane said 36 hours ago (in a story which TFC has, to their credit, not pulled down from its website):

"Dwayne is not going on trial with Celtic or any other club."

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/12...-de-ro-rumours

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Words cannot describe how insulted and disrespected I feel right now... this man cannot wear our badge anymore...
    He's already lost my respect from the day he did that cheque signing move.

Now it seems like he's signed his own death warrant with us.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post

Spot on.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good points. And with that mentioned, I just can't bring myself to hate on DeRo for all of this. From what I can gather, he did all the neccesary legwork to get permission from the league (who are his actual contract holders) and notified the club of his intentions. In fact, it looks like the real reason behind all the confusion has to do with its timing, rather than the actual issue itself.

Long story short: DeRo wanted more money to continue scoring goals for Toronto FC. Both parties could not negotiate a new deal. DeRo then went to look elsewhere to play. Toronto FC, knowing full well than DeRo was on his way out, didn't make the announcement of his trip to Scotland in time before the papers across the pond reported it.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To their knowledge Dero had no permission to trial/train with any club so Earl's statemnet is correct. No paper work means no trial/training with ANY club period.

I think it is pretty clear he had no authority to be there outside of his agent telling Celtic it was ok

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are you posting this?

I can't remember a thread when so many people were rushing to yell that the sky is green.

This is what Cochrane said 36 hours ago (in a story which TFC has, to their credit, not pulled down from its website):

"Dwayne is not going on trial with Celtic or any other club."

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/12...-de-ro-rumours

Because Creten was unsure if it was truly the case that the MLS & TFC had not given permission to DeRo to train. No paperwork was in place..

I used the link so he can reference the information that has been posted on the MLS site

But you clearly want to deny the fact that DeRo's claim they had permission was not true. Why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post

I dont think he is too bothered by that to be honest. He knew exactly what he was doing when he went over to celtic, so he accepted the consequences. I think he knows that he is probally done as a red, at the very least, has lost all respect for the fans in his hometown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    There is no reason for Earl to tell us anything period.
    Yes, there is - to avoid the drama thats happening right now.

It was a dead point no paper work came to him the point was dead. So I guess you were prefer the Mo management style we are looking for people.... Somethings didn't fall through blah, blah, blah.
    Here's the problem - Earl lied. His version of events sounds entirely reasonable to me, but how can I believe a liar? My issue isn't that I prefered Mo's management, my problem is that I'm seeing more of the same. Agree or disagree with me on this issue, you can't deny that this team has a horrible history of lying and having those lies exposed. What's so hard about telling the truth?

Fuck man you blame the club when the only person who fucked up was dero come on man. We expect full disclousure from FO, please inform me what FO in any sport gives full disclosure to their fans?
    I'm not blaming the club, I'm pointing out that there's another side to the story at a time when almost everyone else is lynching DeRo.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    here's a thought - maybe MLSE and the TFC FO should take a look in the mirror and ask themselves Why? all this trouble is going down. Is DeRo 100% to blame, or maybe..... (like every conflict in the history of conflicts) -- there's two sides to the story.

Now for the record, I'm not siding with DeRo here, I'm just saying that TFC's track record doesn't give me much trust in their ability to NOT fuck the whole thing up.
    Rarely do I agree with you....but I do on this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why are people making exucses for Dero's actions?

Dude doesn't give a fuck about the club, why should we care about him?

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ We've been hearing yarns and half-truths from the club for five years. It's only natural that people are suspicious over their official line.

Roogsy made a good point recently. "Who has the more trustworthy track record? DeRo might be arrogant or demanding, but when has he lied to anyone?"

If anything, DeRo has proven his openness on more than one occasion.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo = No Class Dumbass

I'll be the first person throwing monopoly money at him when he comes to BMO