Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KShep121 View Post
    Roogsy should avoid this thread like a plague for the remainder of its lifespan for the BS he was spewing yesterday.

Chevy astutely called him out on his "sources" and it turns out there was absolutley no truth to anything that his "sources" were claiming. Here are the facts:

1. There was no agreement in place for Dero to trial with Celtic
    2. Dero did not receive permission from Toronto FC or MLS to trial with Celtic
    3. Nobody from MLS or TFC spoke to anyone from Celtic until after the training session yesterday
    4. Dero/management made the decision to trial without consent and tried to spin it as "informal training" once the backlash started and it became clear that he was in the wrong

"Source" this, "unconfirmed report" that, give me a break.
    I cant speak to the Roogsy stuff...BUT I am expecting breaking news from Derosario DJ services shortly (Dero's other brother) and maybe a special offer for TFC fans only...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KShep121 View Post
    Roogsy should avoid this thread like a plague for the remainder of its lifespan for the BS he was spewing yesterday.

Chevy astutely called him out on his "sources" and it turns out there was absolutley no truth to anything that his "sources" were claiming. Here are the facts:

1. There was no agreement in place for Dero to trial with Celtic Never claimed there was. DeRo's permission was for training.
    2. Dero did not receive permission from Toronto FC or MLS to trial with Celtic Again, never said there was.
    3. Nobody from MLS or TFC spoke to anyone from Celtic until after the training session yesterday No one ever claimed they did.
    4. Dero/management made the decision to trial without consent and tried to spin it as "informal training" once the backlash started and it became clear that he was in the wrong DeRo's management did not ask for a trial. That they are spinning it as "training" did not change from the start.

"Source" this, "unconfirmed report" that, give me a break.
    What is happening this morning is exactly what happened yesterday morning. You guys are getting swayed by every piece of news that comes out. Duane Rollins "Cochrane" article comes out. People want to lynch Dwayne. The Star and CBC article come out and people wonder if DeRo had approval and calm down to wait. Rollins comes out with another pro-TFC article correctly stating that there was never any trial agreement from MLS or TFC (which nobody ever claimed, it's a red herring) everyone wants to lynch him again. How about waiting for another response from the other side? I can say for certainty that Dwayne did not leave his home and family until he got a call giving the green light. What else you would expect a player to do I don't know. This is between the agent, MLS and TFC. And this agent is no "First Wave". He is experienced in European club transfers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if De Ro doesn't stick with Celtic, he's probably got other irons in the fire, maybe other SPL or Championship teams would take a look at him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    I think if De Ro doesn't stick with Celtic, he's probably got other irons in the fire, maybe other SPL or Championship teams would take a look at him.
    After this, would they want the drama though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    After this, would they want the drama though?
    I think most of the drama's on our end, maybe even just this board. Sounds like Celtic had to answer a few phone calls. I bet they've got someone on staff for that.

I get the feeling De Ro's done with TFC. Maybe a move within the league makes more sense, in that no team in Europe will want to pay a fee for him and in a trade TFC would get something in return.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Earl & Co. are looking for a replacement for DeRo as we speak because lets face it, he's gone one way or another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have been looking for a while now... It just a matter of a few things to get straighten out first before that shoe drops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck me, 2 years ago we were all ecstatic over the acquisition of DeRo. Who would have thought that he would put up excellent back to back seasons while simultaneously causing the most controversy by any individual player in TFC's history. Unbelievable...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    while simultaneously causing the most controversy by any individual player in TFC's history.....

Kinda makes the whole Ali Gerba fiasco seem like small potatoes now eh?
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, roogsy is here.

I'm going to go grab a coffee and come back to 8+ new pages to read

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    okay, roogsy is here.

Yeah, woke up at 10 again. Ain't Christmas vacations awesome? LOL!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, roogsy is here.

this should be good .. I've said my piece so I'm gonna get out of they way

besides, I need another reason to put off painting again today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're upset because he did it without consent of the club. We're upset because this has further tarnished the club's reputation. We're upset because a guy getting paid $400k plus a year is once again putting himself before OUR team.

Why would the club open negotiations with him before a GM and coach are in place? That would be more incompetent than anything we've seen over the last few days.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    Why would the club open negotiations with him before a GM and coach are in place? That would be more incompetent than anything we've seen over the last few days.
    why would the club release all but 15 of our players and sign nathan sturgis?

why indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    why would the club release all but 15 of our players and sign nathan sturgis?

why indeed.
    Nobody in their right mind would want most of the players we released. They weren't important. Tying someone to a long term contract and using a DP slot IS important and affects how this club will go forward for years.

I will give you the Sturgis one as being something that was above Earl's position in my opinion
    Last edited by Wull; 12-29-2010 at 11:10 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody in their right mind would want most of the players we released. They weren't important. Tying someone to a long term contract and using a DP slot IS important and affects how this club will go forward for years

That's not the point. You are excusing behaviour here. Either Earl can or cannot make fundamental roster decisions. If he can, then by all means proceed with the cleaning out and the bringing on of new players. If he can't, then he should not have done the moves he made. There are many of us that held this position from the very start of Earl's moves. Defining his role is crucial and yet TFC have refused to do so to fans. So if Earl can fire players, if Earl can bring on new players then Earl can certainly respond to renegotiation requests...he certainly should not be ignoring them. Even if the answer is "no"...an answer needs to be given. Would you not agree?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    That's not the point. You are excusing behaviour here. Either Earl can or cannot make fundamental roster decisions. If he can, then by all means proceed with the cleaning out and the bringing on of new players. If he can't, then he should not have done the moves he made. There are many of us that held this position from the very start of Earl's moves. Defining his role is crucial and yet TFC have refused to do so to fans. So if Earl can fire players, if Earl can bring on new players, Earl can respond to renegotiation requests...he certainly should not be ignoring them. Even if the answer is "no"...an answer needs to be given. Would you not agree?
    I'm not excusing behaviour Roogsy, they should have turned around and told whoever requested negotiations that they wouldn't be doing so until the new management team was in place. Earl shouldn't have been allowed to piss away a first round draft choice on Sturgis. That's a different thread topic that I've already commented on.

This is about a player going on trial with a team without getting the proper paperwork that the club had said they would provide if requested. If it takes them a while to get that in place then that sucks but you can't just go anyway.

Maybe I've been spoiled by having the likes of Phil Neville, Dave Watson, Jimmy Sandison etc. as leaders for my teams but I expect a captain to keep their grievances in-house, especially when it's only them that is having a particular issue.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody in their right mind would want most of the players we released. They weren't important. Tying someone to a long term contract and using a DP slot IS important and affects how this club will go forward for years
    we released one of our DP's already without a GM or coach in place, are you condoning that? my point is, you can't justify releasing half of the team, releasing a DP, and then turn around and go "sorry, dero. with all of the movement so far we can't talk to you right now. oh, hey nathan sturgis! want a contract?"

what you're saying is..
    releasing a bunch of our players: good, because no one wanted them
    re-negotiating a current player (our captain/leading scorer): incompetent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    we released one of our DP's already without a GM or coach in place, are you condoning that? my point is, you can't justify releasing half of the team, releasing a DP, and then turn around and go "sorry, dero. with all of the movement so far we can't talk to you right now. oh, hey nathan sturgis! want a contract?"

what you're saying is..
    releasing a bunch of our players: good, because no one wanted them
    re-negotiating a current player (our captain/leading scorer): incompetent
    Creating cap space: good
    using cap space: bad

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're upset because he did it without consent of the club.
    We're upset because this has further tarnished the club's reputation.
    We're upset because a guy getting paid $400k plus a year is once again putting himself before OUR team.
    I'm upset that the guy who scored 15 of our 33 goals in MLS matches isn't going to be as easy to replace as some people seem to think. And for $400,000? That's another hurdle.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm upset that the guy who scored 15 of our 33 goals in MLS matches isn't going to be as easy to replace as some people seem to think. And for $400,000? That's another hurdle.
    Can't look at it that way anymore Parkdale, he wasn't going to come back for $400k, so a better and perhaps more accurate comparison is can we get someone do to this for DP money as DeRo was asking for?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Menelaos View Post
    Can't look at it that way anymore Parkdale, he wasn't going to come back for $400k, so a better and perhaps more accurate comparison is can we get someone do to this for DP money as DeRo was asking for?

DeRo asking for DP money would have meant a reduction in the cap hit. So you could look at it both ways. What could we have gotten for a max cap hit of 330k? And then what could we have gotten for probably less than 1mill with a cap hit of 330k?

The answer to both eludes me. I don't know of any consistent double-digit goal scorer in MLS that is earning either 330k or 1mill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo asking for DP money would have meant a reduction in the cap hit. So you could look at it both ways. What could we have gotten for a max cap hit of 330k? And then what could we have gotten for probably less than 1mill with a cap hit of 330k?

The answer to both eludes me. I don't know of any consistent double-digit goal scorer in MLS that is earning either 330k or 1mill.
    This was my position until yesterday as long as the captain's armband was also removed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point, had not considered that.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conor Casey.

13 goals in 2010 and a cost of $350K

but yeah, they are pretty damn rare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never said he was easily replaced. You can go back and check all the threads about it. I've always voted to keep him and raise his salary. His actions have now made it impossible for this to happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dero's agent is manipulating words IMO. look at what Lennon said we are looking at him and it isn't going to cost Celtic too much if we like him.

He is on trial, which includes training. Celtic pulls him from training why if he is only training with them?? Oh yeah cause it is a trial.

His agent is angling for his 10% as he think he screwed Dero with the contract he signed 2 years ago.

Roogsy - reagrding his contract he signed TFC is under no obligation to re open it or re do it just becauseDero or his agent decides he is under paid. He should have thought of that before he signed his last contract. Oh yeah he did that then too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    Dero's agent is manipulating words IMO. look at what Lennon said we are looking at him and it isn't going to cost Celtic too much if we like him.

Both sides are 117. Don't think only one side has blood on their hands in this mess. Both sides are choosing their words very carefully.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we'll propbably never know exactly how ity went down, but both sides definitely have some blame for this.

It's all so sad that it reached this point, it was a perfect story, one of the all time best mls players, a cmnt star, coming back to finish his career by leading his hometown club to glory.

the fans were fully behind him, he could have gone on to be a superstar in this town, and ideally he'd have taken the club with him to at least the playoffs, if not championships, tfc would finally have a better reputation and a base to build from, everyone would make a lot of money, including de ro in his post football career. instead it's ended like this.

It's not surprising really, tfc's shambolic enough to cause drama with some real pros, de ro's a diva enough to cause drama at a well run and successful club like san jose/houston. put the two of them together and we really shouldn't be surprised at any of this.

such a wasted opportunity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But at the end of the day the final word comes from the club, if they gave no permission to go do what ever he is doing in Scotland period.

Did they drag their feet probably, but it is the job of the agent to make sure everything is in place before Dero got on the plane. Obvisouly nothing was done and now it's blame the FO as Dero is best thing since slice bread.