Page 17 of 87 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Or certainly not allowed things to have spun out of control so much.

TFC have changed their story a few times here from, "he's not going to trial anywhere," to "he didn't ask us," to "he asked us and we said okay but we needed more paperwork."

If they had just started with the story they seem to be ending with, the "he asked us but we needed more paperwork," then there wouldn't have been any issue at all.

Tney could have even been honest and said, "we're still in the middle of a transition to new management," or somethimg like that.

Exactly. I am glad you see it and hopefully more people see it too. Including MLSE executive that need to step in and say (again) "enough".

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

while i'm getting a lot of lulz out of the entire drama, just to fan the flames a little, i wonder if celtic is still annoyed at MLS for not being able to secure Shalrie Joseph a few years ago (MLS FO veto'd that transfer)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Very true about the cell phone. Regardless, the average SPL player's wage is around $300k. What wage would DeRo expect to recieve?
    The average MLS salary would be around 90 or 100k. And 'average' SPL contract has NOTHING to do with Celtic/Rangers salaries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC have changed their story a few times here from, "he's not going to trial anywhere," to "he didn't ask us," to "he asked us and we said okay but we needed more paperwork."

If they had just started with the story they seem to be ending with, the "he asked us but we needed more paperwork," then there wouldn't have been any issue at all.

Tney could have even been honest and said, "we're still in the middle of a transition to new management," or somethimg like that.
    It started off as 'DeRo isnt at celtic, because he doesnt have permission' then they said 'Apperently he is at Celtic - but doesnt have permission'. Later when they released the new quote, that was just extra information. Saying that he did ask, they said no, and he went out anyway.

They only changed the story once, and there is a good chance that they simply didnt know. I am siding with MLSE on this, unless something else comes out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    The average MLS salary would be around 90 or 100k. And 'average' SPL contract has NOTHING to do with Celtic/Rangers salaries.
    Very true. Celtic/Rangers average salaries are much higher (as I have stated previously).

But back to the question - what would DeRo expect to recieve as a salary for Celtic? Certainly not much more than what he's making now. And definitely not the million bucks a season he so desires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole story actually follows pretty well. Cochrane was asked if he gave permission for Dero to go to Celtic. He said no, and therefore theres no way Deros in Scotland. Dero shows up in scotland, so Cochrane says well hes in scotland, but we never gave permission. Then says after that he was asked by Dero a month ago but said no. Where is the incompetence/inconsistency?

If I was Dero, and I wanted to go to Celtic, asked TFC and was refused. Well, I'd call up MLS, say look, TFC doesn't have a gm, I want to go to Celtic but they said no. They don't have a coach or a gm, can I at least go trial?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    It started off as 'DeRo isnt at celtic, because he doesnt have permission' then they said 'Apperently he is at Celtic - but doesnt have permission'. Later when they released the new quote, that was just extra information. Saying that he did ask, they said no, and he went out anyway.

They only changed the story once, and there is a good chance that they simply didnt know. I am siding with MLSE on this, unless something else comes out.

The exact post and clarification happened a few pages ago.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    The Sun's making the most out of this with a pretty outlandish quote from De Ro:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/home...nes-world.html

Maybe it's just me, but I think the gang violence in LA might be a little worse than Scarborough, there's no kids pulling fire alarms in the middle of the night, but still . . .
    holy fuck that's a pathetic article.. yeah, Scarborough worse than South Central LA ... I've never used the emoticon before, but here goes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^see

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    ^I don't think so.

Yesterday- He's not on trial (he's not on trial b/c I never gave him permission)
    This Morning - We were not informed of him going over. (Holy he went to Scotland. I never gave him permission and he never sent us official paperwork. )
    Now - We were asked but didn't finalize (Now I have to let everyone know all teh details to make sure people know we did not give him permission)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    holy fuck that's a pathetic article.. yeah, Scarborough worse than South Central LA ... I've never used the emoticon before, but here goes

Holy Sh*t Dwyane. Is it that bad??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very true. Celtic/Rangers average salaries are much higher (as I have stated previously).

But back to the question - what would DeRo expect to recieve as a salary for Celtic? Certainly not much more than what he's making now. And definitely not the million bucks a season he so desires.
    Mo Edu, who I believe is a rotational player for Rangers (Gers fans?), makes 600 000 pounds a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1. The club's "he's not going to trial anywhere" comment refers to their knowledge at one point in time and does not infer that they were or were not asked permission for the player to do so.

The club assumed he would not be trialing because they didn't give permission for him to do so (even if they were asked). A logical and proper response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo Edu, who I believe is a rotational player for Rangers (Gers fans?), makes 600 000 pounds a year.
    That's 900k USD. DeRo thinks he's worth more?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is into option years in his contract now so TFC can decline the option i believe and let him go at no hit against the cap. Also i could see a trade with the whitecaps if this trial does not pan out. i can see no way he is back in TFC red next season. Here is an article from the sun stating that TFC hold a club option for the next two seasons.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soc.../16233671.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole story actually follows pretty well. Cochrane was asked if he gave permission for Dero to go to Celtic. He said no, and therefore theres no way Deros in Scotland. Dero shows up in scotland, so Cochrane says well hes in scotland, but we never gave permission. Then says after that he was asked by Dero a month ago but said no. Where is the incompetence/inconsistency?

If I was Dero, and I wanted to go to Celtic, asked TFC and was refused. Well, I'd call up MLS, say look, TFC doesn't have a gm, I want to go to Celtic but they said no. They don't have a coach or a gm, can I at least go trial?
    I didn't realize they said no. It doesn't really matter, but any idea why they said no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Article from the Scottish Sun

RAGING Toronto chiefs have blasted Celtic and Dwayne De Rosario for trying to fix up a move behind their backs.
    The wantaway Canada ace started a week-long stint with the Hoops yesterday.

DeRo - who would likely cost Celtic more than £1million - harbours hopes of landing a loan switch until the MLS season starts again in March.

But officials at Toronto claimed that they knew nothing about it.

And in a statement they rapped: "We were unaware of Dwayne's plan to train with Celtic and we will contact them. If there is interest in a short-term loan arrangement by either him or Celtic, they will need to approach us and the League formally."

Behind the scenes, chiefs at Toronto were said to be raging.

But top agent Dave Baldwin, who is handling De Rosario's affairs, insists that his client has done nothing wrong.

And Baldwin - who brokered the deal to bring Honduran stand-out Emilio Izaguirre to Celtic - claims his visit to Scotland could benefit both parties in the long-term.

He said: "One thing that has to be stressed here is that Dwayne is NOT on trial at Celtic as has been stated in some quarters.

"There has not been a better player in the MLS over the last five years than De Rosario and at 32 he has no need to go on trial to prove himself.

"This was a chance to train with a top club like Celtic and see how they operate, one Dwayne was desperate to take.

"He didn't want to lie idle in the MLS off-season. He wanted to stay in shape and keep learning as a footballer and we will see what develops from here."

De Rosario still has two years of his contract with the MLS to run and it would take a bid of around £1.25m to land him on a permanent deal.

Hoops boss Neil Lennon was under the impression a deal allowing the player to leave on the cheap had been fixed up.

He said: "I'd imagine there's some sort of deal done and he'll not cost the club a lot of money."

Meanwhile, Mark De Rosario, Dwayne's brother, has insisted Toronto did know the striker was heading to Glasgow.

He said: "My brother would not just jump on a plane on Boxing Day and go over on a whim.

"Obviously Toronto have given him their consent."

Advertisement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The exact post and clarification happened a few pages ago.
    i was quoting someone else...

and not sure if this has been posted...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't realize they said no. It doesn't really matter, but any idea why they said no?
    It's pretty simple, they said no unless he gets the paperworks.

You can say Earl said "No, but if you get the paperworks it will be a yes"...." or "Yes, but you'll need to provide the paperworks before we agree".

So, it can be interpreted as a "yes" or a "no" but the important thing is what follow (the condition).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was quoting someone else...

and not sure if this has been posted...

I meant the exact 3 points (by someone else) and your answers were the same as mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1. The club's "he's not going to trial anywhere" comment refers to their knowledge at one point in time and does not infer that they were or were not asked permission for the player to do so.

The club assumed he would not be trialing because they didn't give permission for him to do so (even if they were asked). A logical and proper response.
    So, did they not give him permission and were never planning to give him permission or did they give him permission but needed the final paperwork? And it would seem to be in the club's best interest to let him trial - if he does well they get some money and if he doesn't do well he'll come back and shut up about renogotiating his contract. It seems win-win for the team to let him go.

Of course, they don't have to let him go, I'm just trying to figure out how the team is being run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading the SUN article I'd say it looks even worse. This dude is off his rocker, Scarbrough vs. the Hood! Is he nuts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Article from the Scottish Sun

RAGING Toronto chiefs have blasted Celtic and Dwayne De Rosario for trying to fix up a move behind their backs.
    The wantaway Canada ace started a week-long stint with the Hoops yesterday.

DeRo - who would likely cost Celtic more than £1million - harbours hopes of landing a loan switch until the MLS season starts again in March.

But officials at Toronto claimed that they knew nothing about it.

And in a statement they rapped: "We were unaware of Dwayne's plan to train with Celtic and we will contact them. If there is interest in a short-term loan arrangement by either him or Celtic, they will need to approach us and the League formally."

Behind the scenes, chiefs at Toronto were said to be raging.

But top agent Dave Baldwin, who is handling De Rosario's affairs, insists that his client has done nothing wrong.

And Baldwin - who brokered the deal to bring Honduran stand-out Emilio Izaguirre to Celtic - claims his visit to Scotland could benefit both parties in the long-term.

He said: "One thing that has to be stressed here is that Dwayne is NOT on trial at Celtic as has been stated in some quarters.

"There has not been a better player in the MLS over the last five years than De Rosario and at 32 he has no need to go on trial to prove himself.

"This was a chance to train with a top club like Celtic and see how they operate, one Dwayne was desperate to take.

"He didn't want to lie idle in the MLS off-season. He wanted to stay in shape and keep learning as a footballer and we will see what develops from here."

De Rosario still has two years of his contract with the MLS to run and it would take a bid of around £1.25m to land him on a permanent deal.

Hoops boss Neil Lennon was under the impression a deal allowing the player to leave on the cheap had been fixed up.

He said: "I'd imagine there's some sort of deal done and he'll not cost the club a lot of money."

Meanwhile, Mark De Rosario, Dwayne's brother, has insisted Toronto did know the striker was heading to Glasgow.

He said: "My brother would not just jump on a plane on Boxing Day and go over on a whim.

"Obviously Toronto have given him their consent."

Advertisement
    And there is the rub.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Sorry, can't do links on my IPad hence the copy and paste

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LMAO... I knew this would happen.

You can tell a player's character by the way he plays on the field.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, did they not give him permission and were never planning to give him permission or did they give him permission but needed the final paperwork? And it would seem to be in the club's best interest to let him trial - if he does well they get some money and if he doesn't do well he'll come back and shut up about renogotiating his contract. It seems win-win for the team to let him go.

Of course, they don't have to let him go, I'm just trying to figure out how the team is being run.
    The statement from Earl Cochrane was clear that TFC would be willing to let him train if TFC were given certain assurances. They wanted this done formally and wanted paperwork to that effect. EC says he did not receive any formal paperwork from DeRo, his agent or Celtic. Therefore no permission was given.

I think it's pretty clear based on the statement.
    Last edited by Suds; 12-28-2010 at 09:06 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And there is the rub.
    This was the feeling I was getting. This whole thing is starting to look like it was orchestrated by DeRo's agent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant the exact 3 points (by someone else) and your answers were the same as mine.
    If you are accusing me of copying peoples opinions or whatever, thats totally off the mark.

I only recently jumped in on the whole conversation, and im not about to read 16 pages of stuff, just so i dont repeat a point every now and then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this story is like an onion... the more layers you peel, the more it stinks

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Razor...Billy is just emphasizing that your points were the same as his to highlight similar points of view. That is all. He is simply reinforcing that more than one person seems to think the same thing.