Hybrid View

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^

DeRo's actions have hurt the team. It really isn't fitting for a real leader (could you, for example, ever see a Robbo doing this sort of thing?) which as captain DeRo supposedly is.

Does he have a "right" to do his own thing? Sure he does. But if the fanbase turns on him and DeRo Entertainment sinks, he'll only have himself to blame. If the coaching team decides that someone with more leadership qualities should be captain, we'll know at least some of the reasons why. Right now, it looks as if they are going to give him something (which they probably would have anyway), but not all that he wants. How he reacts will be crucial. If he's not going to give it 100%, he'll need to be gone.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    ^

DeRo's actions have hurt the team. It really isn't fitting for a real leader (could you, for example, ever see a Robbo doing this sort of thing?) which as captain DeRo supposedly is.

Does he have a "right" to do his own thing? Sure he does. But if the fanbase turns on him and DeRo Entertainment sinks, he'll only have himself to blame. If the coaching team decides that someone with more leadership qualities should be captain, we'll know at least some of the reasons why. Right now, it looks as if they are going to give him something (which they probably would have anyway), but not all that he wants. How he reacts will be crucial. If he's not going to give it 100%, he'll need to be gone.

I will be honest. I am really tired of these "if he doens't give 100%" arguments. There is nobody on this team that gave more on the pitch than DeRo these last two seasons despite waiting for resolution the whole time about his contract, especially in the 2nd season...you know...the one where he scored half of this team's goals? No one else gave more on the pitch. Not everyone's favourites of Brennan or Gargan or Nana or Cann. The boy left it on the pitch every single game and because he has complained about his contract you seem to think it's ok to question his commitment going forward? It just seems like a cheap shot because you don't like the guy, not because you have any substantive proof that he has ever done anything less than give his all.

The truth is it's kind of annoying. I think I am done with this thread and all of the hurt feelings I see around here. Get the sand out of vaginas guys and demand a winner, not some pink fluffy team that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    d because he has complained about his contract you seem to think it's ok to question his commitment going forward?
    If any TFC fan wants to question the commitment of a player who fucks off to Scotland without telling anybody about it, I can't blame them.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I will be honest. I am really tired of these "if he doens't give 100%" arguments. There is nobody on this team that gave more on the pitch than DeRo these last two seasons despite waiting for resolution the whole time about his contract, especially in the 2nd season...you know...the one where he scored half of this team's goals? No one else gave more on the pitch. Not everyone's favourites of Brennan or Gargan or Nana or Cann. The boy left it on the pitch every single game and because he has complained about his contract you seem to think it's ok to question his commitment going forward? It just seems like a cheap shot because you don't like the guy, not because you have any substantive proof that he has ever done anything less than give his all.

The truth is it's kind of annoying. I think I am done with this thread and all of the hurt feelings I see around here. Get the sand out of vaginas guys and demand a winner, not some pink fluffy team that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
    I won't question his commitment on the pitch. I would agree that for the most part he gives it his all. He might not make the best decisions at times but at least he doesn't have his hands on his hips like Cunningham.

And you can build a winning team with character guys.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It just seems like a cheap shot because you don't like the guy, not because you have any substantive proof that he has ever done anything less than give his all.

Haha Way to galvanize us all with a cheap shot. We're supporters with supporters mentality and prerogative. We don't have to write a bibliography of references to prove why we think or feel a certain way. Views are often frustratingly conflicting.

Sidenote- I actually appreciate your difference in POV on this Roogs. The way you know the player is not the way most of us know him so I think that's where it's difficult to share your perspective on events surrounding the player.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER