Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    Hey those are two great players who have had all sorts of past regular season and playoff success before they came to Toronto. If the team was in any way decent they'd be MVP candidates! Imagine where the Leafs would be without them! You people just don't understand hockey

My personal run out of town list looks like this: Dero, the entire teachers pension plan, Colangelo, Vernon Wells, Burke, Bargnani then Wilson. Also I'm warming up a seat for JDG, but he still gets another chance first. And whatever bastard is preventing a Cheesecake factory from opening here. If I ever find out who's responsible for that I'm breaking out the pitchfork

VERNONS GONE! THE EVIL IS GONE FROM THIS PLACE! I'M SO HAPPY, SO SO SO HAPPY! Ding dong the witch is dead, which old witch, the WICKED witch

http://losangeles.sbnation.com/los-a...s-vernon-wells

Edit: I may or may not be pre-drinking. Still VERNONS GONE! HE'S GONE! I'm so so happy
    Last edited by Waggy; 01-21-2011 at 06:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    VERNONS GONE! THE EVIL IS GONE FROM THIS PLACE! I'M SO HAPPY, SO SO SO HAPPY! Ding dong the witch is dead, which old witch, the WICKED witch

http://losangeles.sbnation.com/los-a...s-vernon-wells

Edit: I may or may not be pre-drinking. Still VERNONS GONE! HE'S GONE! I'm so so happy
    Bit harsh, I liked the guy, his contract was stupid but you can hardly blame him for that part

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    Bit harsh, I liked the guy, his contract was stupid but you can hardly blame him for that part
    You can blame him for taking the 3 years after signing that monster contract off though. I know some people who know some people, Vernon... enjoyed his time in Toronto. Last year he performed decently, but even at the 11 million the Jays paid him he was probably at best fairly paid. 22 million for the next 4 years? He'd have to almost double his production to be worth that. I don't care WHAT he does in Anaheim, he won't ever live up to that kind of financial commitment, and the financial and positional flexibility the Jays now have is almost priceless.