Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
the issue isn't 'silence is the best policy'.

the issue is that he did something stupid (check signing) and then apologized for it
now he's done something that could have gone down even worse, and there's no statement.

no one is asking him not to talk, they just want to make sure if his mouth is open, he's not putting his foot in it.
These are completely different things. I hope he keeps his mouth shut until there is a resolution and then says whatever is best for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
yes, it's a critical time for fence-mending.

Winter said 'we want him on the team, and we expect the best from him'

would it be so hard for him to reply 'I want to be on the team, and will give my best to the TFC' ???

stop me if I'm wrong, but he hasn't said that. Winter is left hanging.
Winter is not left hanging if Winter is involved in the fence-mending.

The truth is DeRo should not say anything until such a time as there is certainty in what is happening with him and with the team. Earl opening his mouth before there was certainty is a big reason why there is this big issue reared it's ugly head. Is there certainty? Yes or no? If there is, it's time to talk. If there isn't, it isn't time to talk. It's as simple as that. With all the possible endings to this drama that can occur, saying anything now is simply ill-advised.

This story has not ended. It is foolish for fans to demand that they be kept appraised every step of the way. Our goal should be that this issue be dealt with and put to rest once and for all and once it is, to let us know that it is. If the story does get resolved one way or another and we don't hear from DeRo, then by all means, have at it. But if they are in the middle of it, I don't understand why people who insist DeRo do something completely stupid and open his mouth once again just because he did it before?

Do you want another cliché? Two wrongs don't make a right.