Threaded View

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    I believe the expression is 'He let the genie out of the bottle'.

There is a time to speak, and a time for silence. DeRo should have been quiet then, but could be vocal (dare I say apologetic?) now

Clichés are nice but they are rarely practical. Yes he started something with his actions...or perhaps it can be argued TFC started something when they upset their top player in the first place through their tactics. The point is you if you believe silence is the best policy, then it should apply at any point or if you want all information to be public, then DeRo's public position on his contract should not have bothered you in the first place. You can't pick and choose. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Now as for a "time to speak"...when exactly would that have been?

As for being public now...I in fact think his silence now is the right move he is making (finally). And I think it's silly for people to demand him to be vocal now when it is probably the most damaging time of all. If in fact him and the team are in the middle of mending the relationship, fanning the flames is not going to help anyone and that is a high price to pay for our curiosity. You'd think people around here would understand that if there will be fence-mending, it will be a process. A process we will not be privy to.
    Last edited by Roogsy; 01-20-2011 at 12:03 PM.