Hybrid View

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I don't know about that BR. It's a clean slate with the new regime and I'm sure prospective players and their agents will judge the organization based on their actions moving forward as opposed to holding Winter and Mariner accountable for the mistakes of the past.

As for Attakora, he probably doesn't want to lock himself into a long term deal and put a ceiling on his earning potential. If he elevates his play in the next couple of years, it allows him the flexibility to negotiate a more lucrative contract as opposed to going through DeRo's experience...
    Exactly.

Maybe DeRo's agent should have a negotiated a 2 year deal instead of a 4 year deal if he felt that after 2 years DeRo would be in good position to make even more money.

That's what agents deal with. Do you sign a short term deal or a long term deal? It's a bit of a gamble. You sign a short term deal and your client falters, when he goes for a new contract he might end up making less down the road. If you sign a long term deal, you get the money, but 2-3 years down the road, players of similar stature might be making more money than you and you can't get out of your deal.

That's why some agents/teams negotiate contracts where it's 2-3 years plus an option. Either the player can evoke the option or the team.

Maybe DeRo should have hired Marcos Serioux.

Either way, there's enough blame to go around within TFC and DeRo.

I just want to know who the person from TFC that supposedly gave permission to DeRo's camp for him to go over. It sounds like this person dropped the ball if he exists.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to be # 2000.....the prize please
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    Exactly.

Maybe DeRo's agent should have a negotiated a 2 year deal instead of a 4 year deal if he felt that after 2 years DeRo would be in good position to make even more money.
    This is what I said weeks ago! If he thought he was going to be able to cash in after a season or two, he should have negotiated a two year deal with the team, not "four years plus a promise".

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens