Hybrid View

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Over in the news thread people are talking about another Wheeler column where he says maybe everything at TFC wasn't entirely the fault of one guy. Other people feel it was. How does a guy like Anselmi get no heat for handing over the building of an expansion team from scratch to a guy with less than one quarter of a season's experience in management and then resigning him (twice?) unless he didn't actually hand over the complete building and running of the team...
    BR... that's a whole different thread and argument.

But in relation to DeRo and his trial, like I said if it was Anselmi that gave permission, if I'm Cochrane I wouldn't be too happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    BR... that's a whole different thread and argument.

But in relation to DeRo and his trial, like I said if it was Anselmi that gave permission, if I'm Cochrane I wouldn't be too happy.

No, but if you kept it to yourself you'd still be employed.

It's not really a different argument because the issue here really is, who's in charge?

What's going on with DeRo now is part of a bigger issue with this team and how it has treated players. I'm not a DeRo supporter but I wish the team would be taking more flak for not being more direct with him sooner and for claiming they'd be happy to renegotiate over and over. And now it looks like they are renogotiating and I just hope when Mariner said he was "working on a deal with the league," it's because he wanted to and not that he was being told to do that by someone "higher up."