Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
I realize that you hate ML$E, but that is ridiculous. Yes, they gave Mo control... wayyy to much control, because Anselmi & co. know nothing about football (that's why they needed Klinsmann to tell them what to do.).

Now with respect to Anselmi's promise, all he promised was to "talk." No mention of a DP slot for DeRo. We all know that "talk is cheap."

Of course, I expect that DeRo is going to be thrown a bone. How much of a bone remains to be seen.

No, I don't hate them. In fact, I have too much respect for them as businessmen to believe they gave that much control to someone with so little experience. That would be too insulting to them. When they hired JFJ to run the Leafs they didn't give him anywhere near total control.

It's not because they don't know the particulars of the strategies of the respective games or the peculiar rules of each league, it's becaue they do know how to manage companies that they didn't hand over the building of an expansion team to a guy with zero budget experience. I think I have more respect for them than you do .